New Dead Announcement :Subject 138

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the shopping cart today. I'm gonna dirty it up at some point this weekend. I'll update with some photos then.

look forward to it..I've been wondering what these carts look like. might have to pick a couple up..

The size is great! It needs some definite dirtying up. I'm gonna mix up some paints tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Does anyone know what colors to mix to make the best rust effect?

Just got mine too... I burned the edges of his sign and wille eventually do some work to him... not much though, I really like the color of this one... really great job by SSC.

I dont think I've even received a shipping notice for mine yet and I ordered the exclusive.
I remember getting an email the order was going to process, but never a shipping notice.

Anyone else still waiting on theirs????

updated sub 138 with his new sled...:D
got the cart off ebay and added some garbage bags & body parts from a parts box & then bloodied them up a tad. weathered the cart a bit with a rust color and a lil' blood then added dulcoat to it to get rid of the shiny chrome look.
str1.jpg

str2.jpg

str3.jpg

str4.jpg

i will probably be adding little things to it such as cans, newspapers and some odd bits. i guess its a kind of ongoing work in progress. the dead line is soooooo fun...:lol

^^^ VERY NICE!!!

I decided to give my cart a more "banged up aged look" with rust and dirt rather than blood. Went with brown sacks too instead of black. I'll add a little blood when I have those colors out. The rust looks really red looking because of the flash. I just took a few quick pics so the lighting sucks, but you guys should get the idea. Also added a little something to his hair and fixed the sign!

DeadSubject138001.jpg

DeadSubject138002.jpg

DeadSubject138003.jpg

DeadSubject138004.jpg

DeadSubject138005.jpg

Mine arrived just before Christmas, and one of my first Dead figures. Have to say i'm really impressed with this line from Sideshow! I bought this one and the Mall Santa, by far this is my favourite.

Might have to pick up one of the shopping trollies, they look too good to miss!

I think the cart was one of the easiest, but most time consuming mods I've done thus far. For those interested, I picked up a bottle of Testors Rust acrylic. I didn't bother mixing it because the color looked good. I made sure to put the paint in all the places that would generally rust on a cart which is pretty much anywhere there is a weld. After that, I mixed up brown and black acrylics and used a tooth brush to "spray" the cart. That gave it a dirty grimy look. Like I said, I'll get some better pics this weekend.

Back