New Custom SALLAH Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, all. You're kind and supportive words mean a lot.

This has been a really fun and basically simple project, but it's always good to hear when something works.

Final SALLAH... with his gear

SallahFinal12comp.jpg

At long last, the Best Digger in Cairo is complete! :yess:

Thank you, Russ, for the terrific sculpt that really jump-started this project. Thank you, Les, for your always masterful paintwork. And big thanks to all the guys here -- for sniper shirts and shovels -- and for keeping this project alive and well with such enthusiasm and excitement. I wish more threads were like this one!

Now, on to Marion...

:D

Last edited:
That is amazing !!!!!
I am happy that so many others feel that there are characters that should be represented in the 1/6th scale world that arent !! So Im happy to have been able to offer this sculpt and see these come together like this :)

Russ

Guys
I know that this is off topic, but my brother has spoken with Deniz at d-artstudios.com about the possibility of developing a white dress for the Marion Well of the Souls figure. They can do it no problem.
Obviously no one wants to steal anyone's thunder, or step on any toes if they are working on a dress, but would you guys be interested?
Cheers
Greggo

Yes. :)

Thank you, all. You're kind and supportive words mean a lot.

This has been a really fun and basically simple project, but it's always good to hear when something works.

Final SALLAH... with his gear

SallahFinal12comp.jpg

At long last, the Best Digger in Cairo is complete! :yess:

Thank you, Russ, for the terrific sculpt that really jump-started this project. Thank you, Les, for your always masterful paintwork. And big thanks to all the guys here -- for sniper shirts and shovels -- and for keeping this project alive and well with such enthusiasm and excitement. I wish more threads were like this one!

Now, on to Marion...

:D

AMAZING Wor-Gar!!! WOW!!! I would LOVE to have a Sallah that looks like that. Absolutely incredible. The gear, the attire, the weathering...and Les' masterful paint-up. I'm in AWE! I must get around to doing one of these. :panic:

Guys
I know that this is off topic, but my brother has spoken with Deniz at d-artstudios.com about the possibility of developing a white dress for the Marion Well of the Souls figure. They can do it no problem.
Obviously no one wants to steal anyone's thunder, or step on any toes if they are working on a dress, but would you guys be interested?
Cheers
Greggo

That would be awesome! I'm in!

Well, I had a lot come up in the3 past month that has delayed me but I'm finally done with Sallah! Photos to come tomorrow!

I painted the sculpt myself, and aside from a small disaster when I mucked up one of his eyes when I was putting clear coat on them I'm really pleased.

Sallah lives!

I was just talking to someone about how strange it is that no one has posted any further Sallahs after all the enthusiasm.

Yeah I've been on vacation the last three weeks and planned on finishing up about 6 customs the BTTF, Karate Kid, Sallah and painting Marion were on the top of my list to do. Unfortunately my wifes home remodeling projects are on an apparently higher list.

Well, I had a lot come up in the3 past month that has delayed me but I'm finally done with Sallah! Photos to come tomorrow!

I painted the sculpt myself, and aside from a small disaster when I mucked up one of his eyes when I was putting clear coat on them I'm really pleased.

Well, I had talked to some folks about repaints but I decided to just do it myself... Crappy thing is it took me awhile to finally get to it!

Mad respect for doing it yourself Flos, I love whenever a customizer does all the work and this will give you further enjoyment in the figure every time you look at him :lecture

I can't wait to see your take on Sallah!!!! :clap

Poor pics my foot! :lol

All looks great, Flosi! Love the weathering toward the bottom of robe and on the boots, and the wash on the turban is perfectlu executed! :clap Dye jobs all look solid too!

As for the paint apps color me impressed! You should be proud of that one! :rock :rock

Back