New Custom SALLAH Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor pics my foot! :lol

All looks great, Flosi! Love the weathering toward the bottom of robe and on the boots, and the wash on the turban is perfectlu executed! :clap Dye jobs all look solid too!

As for the paint apps color me impressed! You should be proud of that one! :rock :rock

Thank you kind sir! :bow: I was pretty happy with the way the paints turned out. Sad thing is I tried to put the clear coat on the eyes too early last night and the left eye wasn't 100% dry. They were the best eyes I had painted to date and I needed to repaint one. Crappy. He was a ton of fun and so cool to be doing at the same time with dozens of awesome freaks! Very fun!

Well done! :clap

Sorry in advance for the poor pics.... here goes!

DSCF1131_2.jpg

DSCF1127_2.jpg

DSCF1126.jpg

DSCF1124.jpg

DSCF1120_2.jpg

DSCF1123_2.jpg

DSCF1121.jpg

Anymore feedback guys? Is the paint passable? Should I re-do the torch?

I tried to make his beard look a little rough but it seems to almost look a tad sloppy in the pics.

Thanks Dave and Greg! :rock

Hey FLOSI

Mate awesome looking Sallah and the torch looks great and I like the beard alot, if you really want to add to the beard especially just to break it up drybrush it with a small amount of light grey.

Ron

Hey FLOSI

Mate awesome looking Sallah and the torch looks great and I like the beard alot, if you really want to add to the beard especially just to break it up drybrush it with a small amount of light grey.

Ron

Thank you Ron! That might be what he needs, just to break up the beard a bit. I did a bit of dry brushing on the beard with a lighter shade of brown but it's hard to see in the pics.

Flos if you have any b. sienna and water that down with a small thin brush apply some of that and it could make it a lil more detailed as well. Just suggestions (like some of his hairs have change due to sunlight and being out in the desert), still looks great IMO.

Flos if you have any b. sienna and water that down with a small thin brush apply some of that and it could make it a lil more detailed as well. Just suggestions (like some of his hairs have change due to sunlight and being out in the desert), still looks great IMO.

Just a little here and there for contrast eh?

Just a little here and there for contrast eh?

Yea just to add some more realism to him, but you can tell better than I in person, I know how apps totally look different from translation to pics from in hand.

It looks like the shots were taken more in the shade as well, so that could be making the beard seem more just all dark brown, until he hits the daylight.

The boots are f'n NICE!!! :rock I love that sand effect.

Great job, Flosi! Looks really great!

I agree with everyone--just touch up the hair/beard bits to have a little variation in the color, and maybe touch up the transition in the hairlines. Otherwise, great!

Some great looking Sallah's on this thread, guys! Congrats!

Mine's kind of in limbo at the moment. Got all the components, but then got distracted with building a Marcus and a Dietrich and never got around to actually sewing up Sallah's duds. Gotta get back to him ASAP!

Also, I'm thinking of putting together an Adventure Gear Belloq ... can anyone recommend a recipe or point me towards a thread? (I did a search, but it didn't really narrow anything down.)

:whip

Back