New Camcorder, which of these 2 is better?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper33

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sony - HDR-XR160 160GB HD Hard Drive Camcorder

Sony - Handycam HDR-CX160/LI 16GB HD Flash Memory Camcorder - Blue

I was wanting to get myself a good camcorder so I wouldn't have to keep using the families camera everytime I wanted to record something. I checked the specs for both, and from what I can tell they seem pretty much the same. Only real difference seems to be that one is Flash and other is a Harddrive, Flash is at 16GB and the HDD at 160GB.

I have a bit of time to decided as I can't really get this until I find out if I got the better job or not. But would like to know ahead of time incase one comes out on sale between now and the first new paycheck.

Maybe look into the newer DSLR cameras. Yeah, they're photo cameras, but many these days also have the ability to record HD video. And the quality is usually extremely good. So if you're looking for something with good quality that's more than just a video camera (since it's always good to have a good photo camera) then maybe check it out.

Maybe look into the newer DSLR cameras. Yeah, they're photo cameras, but many these days also have the ability to record HD video. And the quality is usually extremely good. So if you're looking for something with good quality that's more than just a video camera (since it's always good to have a good photo camera) then maybe check it out.

I would have to agree with this. Most cell phones also record HD video now. I would invest in a nice DSLR. I just bought a Nikon 3100 and love it.

I have a Panasonic Hmc40. She's pretty good. Not great in darkness....but she can be real pretty in the sunlight.

Back