New Body For Nosferatu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a 1/6 crime, and plastic sacrilege! The perpetrator should be made to answer a phone that has a steel, springloaded spike inside the earpiece. Hello? Boink.

Heh....heh,,,heh...:hi5: I dont have any room. If I displayed all of my kits and figures properly, there would be no living space for me, my wife, 2 kids and 2 cats.:monkey3

Found the pic! This is before the feet have been cut down into stubs, for the boots. Shows the rigidity of the new ankles, no sloppy cuts or slack joint to compromise stability.
Tried just making a drilled hole (in the rubber) for the stub, and pushing it in a la the original, but it wasn't stable enough, so I had to glue it in.

Not an original SS Count Orlok any more, but at least I don't have to use a stupid stand. :pigfly:

EDIT--BTW, the little mushroom that originally held the boots on was probably great when the fig was new, but a few years and a little rubber shrinkage, and it has no chance of standing stably.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I've never "frankenseined" a figure's calves before. Can you offer any tips?

Easiest thing to do is cut the legs off at the calf; then glue in an extra segment of leg with super glue and then wrap it with something like electrical tape to add a bit of stability.

You can use the same kind of leg, or if you've got something else of approximate diameter that would also work. I've also done a similar thing to reduce height; just cut out a segment of the leg and glue back together then wrap with electrical tape.

^^^Thanks galactiboy. I'll consider it. However, the hight really isn't bothering me at the moment. I was able to futz the pants length and standing on the shelf alone, hight isn't really an issue. Still waiting to get them posed well together for a full body shot, but in the meanwhile:

IMG_5654f.jpg

Alright, so I wanted to really get a fair comparison shot of both figures in a identical pose. This is as far as I got, and frankly I don't think I'm gonna dedicate any more time to that Sideshow Buck. So here ya go:

IMG_5648crop.jpg

As I said earlier, the Buck is almost better suited to this particular character. But the True Type (copy) can get into very suitable poses. And it's so much easier to work with. Plus it's not weak in the ankles. :)

Love this figure so much more now.

IMG_5653crop.jpg

IMG_5670crop.jpg

Honestly Mags, I can't tell a difference between the two. Which on is the TT and which is the Buck?

Honestly Mags, I can't tell a difference between the two. Which on is the TT and which is the Buck?

You really cant tell?

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5648crop.jpg

Surly the wrist joints give it away if nothing else.

It's the TT on the left. The arms and legs are longer on the Buck. This means the jacket fits the TT better (making it easier to hide the wrist joints). However the pants had to be futzed to work with the shorter legs. I cut off the elastic stirrup things and then cuffed the pants inside.

Anyway, the point was to make the figure stand well on it's own, i.e. give him stronger ankles. And this has done that. And all the joints are more versatile. Most noticeably the shoulders. The Buck permanently has that hunched forward look (which, as I said, actually fits the character), but the TT gives you a lot more options for posing.

Yeah the ankles are a pain, to be sure. Now that you pointed out the differences I see them. :lol

The pants definitely drape the TT more convincingly than on the buck. Nice work. :rock

Mags, I have a pair of long lower leg TT sections. I assume they would port right over to that Headplay TT... They're from the Enzio figure, replaced with standard length ones when I used the body for Indy. PM me if you're interested.... Keep in mind that you might risk stability by switching as the ball joints may not be as stiff.

Mags, I have a pair of long lower leg TT sections. I assume they would port right over to that Headplay TT... They're from the Enzio figure, replaced with standard length ones when I used the body for Indy.

So I would just pull off the lower leg below the knee? THat just pulls off with force right?

Keep in mind that you might risk stability by switching as the ball joints may not be as stiff.

You mean the ankles?

I would've just gone with the AF body. It's half the price of the tall EB body, mimics the TT well enough and it's a smidge taller. Plus it has better ankle articulation and attached feet so you can just boil and dip the Sideshow shoes and pop them right on. :huh

So I would just pull off the lower leg below the knee? THat just pulls off with force right?

You mean the ankles?

Yes, assuming the body you have is buildt like a TT, the lower leg will pull right off with a bit of force... And yes, the ball joint of the ankle. The body you're using has has the same ankle ball joints as a standard TT, right?

Just throwing it out there. This looks great as is IMO, but if you wanted another 1/4" that would work... As would the long barbels that came with Captain America.

The Buck permanently has that hunched forward look (which, as I said, actually fits the character), but the TT gives you a lot more options for posing.

Permanently hunched, Maglor? I just got a hold of a Phantom, same body, also needs the ankles doing (just did them, an hour ago). First time seeing a SS Buck nude--it has clickable shoulders, regular and forward. Wondering why yours looks hunched.

Maybe it's just subjective...mine look fine to me. Bast*** pain having to fix ankles on these regularly though. My newly arrived NRFB Mole People (person!) has a bad one as well! Don't think it's a design flaw, because some them work! Others, for no reason, don't.

Surprised you didn't go with the Enterbay or the ArtFigures (considerably cheaper) bodies. Both are taller than the TT.

I would've just gone with the AF body. It's half the price of the tall EB body, mimics the TT well enough and it's a smidge taller. Plus it has better ankle articulation and attached feet so you can just boil and dip the Sideshow shoes and pop them right on. :huh

Can someone please explain to me what purpose these two posts serve?

Yes, assuming the body you have is buildt like a TT, the lower leg will pull right off with a bit of force... And yes, the ball joint of the ankle. The body you're using has has the same ankle ball joints as a standard TT, right?

Just throwing it out there. This looks great as is IMO, but if you wanted another 1/4" that would work... As would the long barbels that came with Captain America.

Thanks for the constructive input. I'll think about it. The hight doesn't really bother me right now. since I cuffed the pants. I have no idea how tall Max S was and he is displayed pretty much by himself.

Permanently hunched, Maglor? I just got a hold of a Phantom, same body, also needs the ankles doing (just did them, an hour ago). First time seeing a SS Buck nude--it has clickable shoulders, regular and forward. Wondering why yours looks hunched.

Maybe it's just subjective...mine look fine to me.

Yeah, there is some articulation in the shoulders, but ony to hunch them even more forward. :/

Other bodies allow the shoulders to go back more.

Actually that wouldn't work. His ankle pegs fit right to the shoes which are solid.

If you're good with the height I'd say don't bother... It looks great to me!

Do you have two of these now?

Thanks. :)

Yep. I got 2. I stole one from my brother-in-law. :yess:

Once Skiman has some time, I think I'm gonna have him repaint the head/hands that are on the True Type. I wanna try a different eye position...

Back