New Body For Nosferatu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you kain4521 and galactiboy.

Don't know why I couldn't find that!

galactiboy, if you have time post a pic of the Nosferatu decal!

And regarding the Toy Anxiety stands... you mean I could buy the Star Wars stand and just cover it up with the decal right...

...actually I have a Star Wars stand for Darth Vader that I am never going to use... but again I like to keep my figures (and accessories) whole.

Yep, just place the decal right on top of it. I'm still at work so it will be awhile before I can post any images.

O.K. so guess what happened last week?

I thought my deep stance on Nosferatu had solved my problem... well he did another shelf dive!!!:horror

Despite the deep stance.

So I abandoned that idea (though I'm glad I got some pics of him that way) and am now back to the preferred tall stance.

'How did I solve my week ankle problem' you ask?

Well I had a brilliant idea. I rolled up electrical tape that I had cut to just the right size and stuffed them in his shoes. 4 peices in all. 2 for each foot. One on each side.

WORKED GREAT!!!

Wish I had thought of that years ago!

SO I have finally been able to really work with him (posing really would be a lot easier on a TT though). And I came up with this pose. May tweak it a bit, but looks definitive to me (look at my avatar).

P1050752.jpg

P1050751.jpg

Now the only question is: With hat or without hat????:cool:

Sorry it took me forever to post this pic... but here's Nosferatu w/the custom stand:
(As well as The Mummy and The Phantom of the Opera)
eed.jpg

Sorry it took me forever to post this pic... but here's Nosferatu w/the custom stand:
(As well as The Mummy and The Phantom of the Opera)
eed.jpg

Thanks man!!! Looks really nice!

I think I am going to hold off on the stand. As you can see in the post above I have found a way to make Nosferatu atand well on his own (finally).

2 things:

1) Were is the metal part of Nosferatu's stand, up his jacket?

2) I really like your Hunchback. I have waffled about getting him for a long time because I didn't know if he would be lame or not, but he looks great in your pic. I think I will pull the trigger on him if I can find a good deal. I used to see him for $20 on ebay all the time.

Thanks again!

I like the Hunchback figure... he's actually really well made and of course a classic film. Once you get him hunched down he looks great amongst the other figures.

And the stand for the figure just fit up underneath his jacket; its very well hidden and I no longer worry about him toppling.

putting this figure on a slim truetype would solve all problems and makes it very tempting for me to track one down. anyone know what they go for these days?

Someon mentioned earlier in this thread that the slim TT is too short.

I would get the narrow shoulder TT. Those are easy to find.

I really would love to pose him on a True Type (and I would definitely go narrow shoulders) but I am not willing to do the surgery, however minor.

I'm a chicken I guess... but I rarely do permanent mods to my figures, and I have never cut a body!:horror

I've only done a couple repaints. Otherwise my mods are removable/reversible (i.e. stuffing Sam Gamgee's shirt with cotton and pinning back Frodo's vest and jacket to make the pair look more to scale. Things like that.)

P1050730-1.jpg

But if there was a way to make a TT work without surgery I totally would!

i've been in a same situation myself before too. one way or the other, i did a dry run with dragon bodies for surgical purposes...bearable loss if things got ugly.:monkey3

*maybe you can try and practice minor surgery with some SS buffy figure(nude), to get hold of those vampire hands on a TT...see how that goes, then swap the head and clothes.

i highly doubt HT will release a vampiric/monster hands separately. i'd been wanting a couple of those myself too.

So I'm finally doing this.

I just finished the necessary mods to get the head, hands, and feet to work. I won't give a full reveal yet, but here's a comparison teaser shot:

IMG_5643.jpg

Narrow Shoulder TT on left, SSC Buck on right.

As you can see the True Type (actually a TT copy) is shorter than that the SSC Buck, but the clothes fit pretty well on the TT. The pants are a tad bit long, but I think that can be futzed away. The TT has a much more natural look to it, but in a way the stiffness of the Buck almost fits the character more. :lol Keep in mind, the reason I did this in the first place was to have stable ankles. Mission accomplished in that department. :)

When I'm done I'll try and get the best pose/futzing I can from each and post another comparison shot. :peace

BTW, I cut my finger pretty bad in the process of doing this and am trying to decide if it needs stitches or not...

Last edited:
Very interesting thread! A great figure--my first Sideshow one, picked him up used a couple of months ago, complete. love the rats!

Yep! The ankles are ____e. I thought mine were worn, but maybe it's just a bad design. Tried splitting the joints and shaving some plastic from the housing, to make it tighter...no real improvement.

So...I cut the ankles off completely, and replaced them with the ankles off a TTL female (balljoint, solid as a rock). I cut the spare feet (high heel ones) from that body into stubs, with the ball on the other end, then epoxied the stubs into the boot feet of Mr. Shreck.
Perfect! Stands solid, and doesn't need the little base at all.

A great figure! Sculpting's fantastic--and the paint. I'm thinking of extending his fingernails at the moment...bit short with respect to the movie. Long spidery fingernails...ugh, hideous.
:hi5:

BTW--for your finger, try superglue and a piece of cloth till it starts to heal. Holds it shut as good as stitches and a damn sight quicker!

EDIT--here's mine. Thought I had some pics of the ankle mod, but they got deleted.

Last edited:
I guess if you wanted some height you could always frankenstein the calves and give him an extra bit of height.

What you have looks good though :rock

Surprised you didn't go with the Enterbay or the ArtFigures (considerably cheaper) bodies. Both are taller than the TT.

I didn't realize the TT was shorter until I had already committed with my modification. Regarding the price: as I said, this is the TT copy - about $22.

Very interesting thread! A great figure--my first Sideshow one, picked him up used a couple of months ago, complete. love the rats!

My first 12" figure ever as well! :hi5:

Yep! The ankles are ____e. I thought mine were worn, but maybe it's just a bad design. Tried splitting the joints and shaving some plastic from the housing, to make it tighter...no real improvement.

Yeah, the ankles are just crap. I had them stuffed with electrical tape and that worked pretty well, but I wanted to do something more permanent. Then I tried the superglue trick, but even that didn't work because the space in the joints were just that huge. It's actually the cut joint above the ankle that causes the problem even more-so than the actual tilting ankle joint.

So...I cut the ankles off completely, and replaced them with the ankles off a TTL female (balljoint, solid as a rock). I cut the spare feet (high heel ones) from that body into stubs, with the ball on the other end, then epoxied the stubs into the boot feet of Mr. Shreck.
Perfect! Stands solid, and doesn't need the little base at all.

Cool! Good idea!

A great figure! Sculpting's fantastic--and the paint. I'm thinking of extending his fingernails at the moment...bit short with respect to the movie. Long spidery fingernails...ugh, hideous.
:hi5:

EDIT--here's mine. Thought I had some pics of the ankle mod, but they got deleted.

Hmm, now you have me thinking...

I'm considering having the head repainted because the eye position has always looked a bit crossed to me. The guy I would send it to (Skiman) would be more than capable of adding length to those fingernails...

Your figure looks great! I've always had a hard time deciding whether to display him with or without the hat. He looks great both ways.

BTW--for your finger, try superglue and a piece of cloth till it starts to heal. Holds it shut as good as stitches and a damn sight quicker!

Yeah, I've done that one before. This cut was damn deep though.

In the end I used butterfly stitches and I'm wearing a splint because its right near the joint and I need to keep the finger straight while it heals.

I guess if you wanted some height you could always frankenstein the calves and give him an extra bit of height.

What you have looks good though :rock

Thanks man. I've never "frankenseined" a figure's calves before. Can you offer any tips?

Mine never falls over. His twisty ties keep him affixed to the cardboard tray in the box he languishes in....hoping one day to be free.

:lol :lol :lol

The master must be freed from his coffin. :lecture

Seriously, how long has he been in there?!

Mine never falls over. His twisty ties keep him affixed to the cardboard tray in the box he languishes in....hoping one day to be free.

That's a 1/6 crime, and plastic sacrilege! The perpetrator should be made to answer a phone that has a steel, springloaded spike inside the earpiece. Hello? Boink.

Back