New Board Banner - WTF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kurt, your post made me think maybe Dave should use the more narrow banner layout and flank it with new product icons that can be easily changed that are a direct affiliate links to SS's product pages.
Dave's been seeing a dip in affiliate purchasing and im sure that would help greatly with continuous visibility.

That would be a good idea because I always seem to forget to wait for Dave's link or when I do remember to use one it takes me a while to find it.

That would be a good idea because I always seem to forget to wait for Dave's link or when I do remember to use one it takes me a while to find it.

Well according to Dave - if you have the cookie from this site on your computer then you buy something from the Sideshow site...Dave will get credit. That's what I was told anyway....I don't know much about this cookie business. :lol

the bad part is that the cookies expire and need to be reset occasionally.
Or if you click on a banner from somewhere else, it overrides the Freaks cookie and needs to be reestablished.

I noticed the issue because I almost never go to the individual sections to browse (which is where the affiliate banners are located), but usually visit all threads thru the New Posts section only. So I never even see any affiliate banners 99% of th time Im on the board.

I didn't know about the affiliate link for about the first year I was posting here... now I try to use it whenever possible. I know I've forgotten a few times, but I do my best to remember.

Probably would be a good idea to have some kind of sticky thread with an affiliate link and explanation of why it's useful. And of course as members we could post in threads discussing pre-orders reminders about the affiliate link.

What's funny about this is that at work (on a larger/newer monitor) just a bit of the banner doesn't fit... but on my dinky home one it fits perfectly :lol

Thanks to Frankenfan for chiming in. He has sent me a new smaller version which I was going to put up.

But in the spirit of pissing off "joker" I think we'll leave it for a while.

It's not the size of the screen.. it's.. it's.. the motion of the mouse!? Ah the hell with it. I hate you all. I'm gonna cry now. In front of my 22 inch LCD monitor. :(

Bro, just push F11 and all of your tool bars will be removed unless you drag the cursor to the top. You get much more room then.

Also, please upgrade. I understand that you love your little Ipod sized monitor, but it makes everything seem too big.

I think it's an AWESOME banner! The 3D effect & vivid colors really make it stand out.

Outstanding job, Frankenfan! :banana

It's not the size of the screen.. it's.. it's.. the motion of the mouse!? Ah the hell with it. I hate you all. I'm gonna cry now. In front of my 22 inch LCD monitor. :(

:lol :lol :lol

Thanks to Frankenfan for chiming in. He has sent me a new smaller version which I was going to put up.

But in the spirit of pissing off "joker" I think we'll leave it for a while.

:rock :bow :bow :bow :rock

I'm on a 15" moniter and the banner looks just fine to me. Sure it's a little bigger than the last one but definitely not something to start a complaint thread over IMO. Awesome job you did FrankenFan! :rock2

From an artist point of view, the banner is outstanding. Looks wonderful.

Width wise it's jjust fine (I have a 19" widescreen monitor), although I'll admit that at first I thought it took up too much space height wise. I can live with it (and I certainly wouldn't have started a ^^^^^ing thread about it :lol but yeah... it does seem to have a lot of space around it - i guess because of its design... and it pushes the posts way down the screen)

but it's still fabulous work :rock

What's funny about this is that at work (on a larger/newer monitor) just a bit of the banner doesn't fit... but on my dinky home one it fits perfectly :lol
That's exactly the display variance among monitors of different physical dimensions and resolutions I was describing in my previous post.

Even though your monitor at home is physically smaller, it may have a different aspect ratio and/or be set at a higher resolution, allowing you to see more pixels.

Back