Media New Batman Game by Telltale Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I think it will be a change of pace, but one of the things about the Arkham games was making you feel like Batman, and a certain portion of that is wiping the floor with criminals. But, if they made this more about being a detective, maybe even took a little bit from the Frogware Sherlock Holmes games with mini evidence puzzles or something like that I think it could be very cool.

I'm also very interested to see what WB Montreal is producing, But I doubt it will be shown anytime soon since they're still hiring teams for their two projects.

That's why before they announced this, I was telling my buddy at work that it would be great if Telltale would make a batman game, because I feel it would be different than the last couple of games. Not that there's anything wrong with it. But its like picking up a different Batman comicbook with different artist and writers. Same character but a whole different aspect of it.

I actually think Origins has the best story which is why I hope they wrote their own. I get that it seems like a good idea to get comic writers involved in this stuff but I think it usually fairs better to get a fresh take on it. Especially considering if I wanted a Paul Dini story I have plenty of options so they should give someone else a try. Variety is a great thing.

If it is an adaptation tho, anything but The Dark Knight Returns.

Origins turned out to be my favorite out of all the Arkham series. I did hear they announced they have two DC project. I hope the would be the successor to Rocksteady.
Oddly enough, even with Arkham Knight, my favorite DLC is the Batgirl one which was also made by Warner Brothers Montreal.

Wow - great news. This excites me a lot. I wonder if the game will focus on detective work more than fighting.

I can see this playing out more like "The wolf among us", where there's a big mystery on finding out who the serial Killer is.
I really like that game.

Just wanted to pipe in a bit. I am excited about this announcement and I have confidence Telltale will be great. It will be different than the Arkham series. I think that is good. I love the Arkham series - Loved it. This new game shouldn't be like them. I'm excited to see what Telltale does. They make beautiful graphics and are heavy into the story. I think it will be perfect.

I am hoping this game is similar to The Long Halloween or Year One.

Only way this would work to me, is if its a true dective story like Long Halloween/Dark Victory, maybe even Black Mirror.

I got season 1 of Walking Dead on PS+ last month and I thought the gameplay style was awful. Quick Time Event games really really grind my gears, I find them to remove all chances of immersion.

I loved Farenheit/indigo prophecy back on Xbox but its a kind of game that one good game is enough, I dont want to play another type of game like that again.

Actually Arkham is still continuing. It was just RS last Batman game.
I'm not sure what WB Montreal is doing is going to be Arkham, I have feeling it will be similar game play but probably taken in different direction , actually of the two games they are working on we don't even know if Batman is one of them yet.

I'm not sure what WB Montreal is doing is going to be Arkham, I have feeling it will be similar game play but probably taken in different direction , actually of the two games they are working on we don't even know if Batman is one of them yet.

Apparently they will be taking on Origins 2. That's why they took the game ten years before AA, so they can build into it and have plenty to make.

I hear that's why they got to do the season pass, so they can get more accustomed to the engine.

If those rumors are true, I hope to see Montreal keep at it and have RS making some new games and kick ass at it again.

Apparently they will be taking on Origins 2. That's why they took the game ten years before AA, so they can build into it and have plenty to make.

I hear that's why they got to do the season pass, so they can get more accustomed to the engine.

If those rumors are true, I hope to see Montreal keep at it and have RS making some new games and kick ass at it again.
Well today I heard Rocksteady is hiring for its next project and according to what I read the positions being hired for give a hint the game will have some sort of multiplayer feature.

Either way we're probably a couple years from finding out what both of the studios is doing so I guess this Telltale game will have to do, but I hope its decent in its own right.

The rumour was that Rocksteady's next game would be Superman, no?

Also I'm dreading more Arkham games. Everything after Asylum felt a little bloated—the open-world format with a trillion different activities can be fun, but doesn't make for an immersive and believable Batman game.

The rumour was that Rocksteady's next game would be Superman, no?

Also I'm dreading more Arkham games. Everything after Asylum felt a little bloated—the open-world format with a trillion different activities can be fun, but doesn't make for an immersive and believable Batman game.
That rumor doesnt have in real traction though. The Superman Rocksteady rumor is basically a lot of wishful thinking.

I think the opposite on the Arkham games. City to me was an awesome progression and I do very much like Origins and Knight.

For them to think this could be their peak gaming, that gets me very excited.
I'm looking forward to see what this looks like.
I hope this also can have the option to change batsuit. :)

telltale has a totally unique style and its going to give us a compelling batman game and sorta serve not necessarily as an alternative but as an addition to batman games on console next to the arkham series. lets not forget before arkham/rocksteady there was ****....and telltale, specifically TWD/wolf among us, and even their GOT have been unique story experiences. With content as rich and deep as batman they should definitely be able to hit it out the park imo.

telltale has a totally unique style and its going to give us a compelling batman game and sorta serve not necessarily as an alternative but as an addition to batman games on console next to the arkham series. lets not forget before arkham/rocksteady there was ****....and telltale, specifically TWD/wolf among us, and even their GOT have been unique story experiences. With content as rich and deep as batman they should definitely be able to hit it out the park imo.

I've only plays the Borderlands one.
Aren't they just simple old school quest games? Or are the other titles different?

From Neogaf site

-Episode 1 arriving this summer
-Rated M - similar mature content to TWAU
-Takes place in its own universe (not tied to comics or movies)
-New gameplay mechanics and engine improvements (sounds minor but without specifics ifs hard to say - but they have heard all of the complaints and are working to address it)
-Large focus on Bruce Wayne, they want to explore what it's like to be him and how the choices you make as Bruce affect what you do as Batman
-You can choose to deal with certain situations as Bruce, or put on the suit and handle it as Batman
-Tales from Borderlands team is working on it
-Voice casting sounds close to done but not quite finalized

That sounds amazing. Has the panel already started? I thought it was scheduled for 7:30 EST/4:30 PST.

Back