NEW ARAGORN PICTURE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst i am still not wholly convinced by the likeness i have to admit that the new pic does make the figure look a hell of lot better !.
Now that the custume can be seen in close up it is now swaying me into buying !!.
The clothing is looking superb!!
Especialy love the mud stained vanbraces.:banana

Although the sculpt isnt a "OMG its Viggo lets get his autograph!" its still bloody good and is sooo obvious its Aragorn, and is one of the best figures Ive seen in a long time. In fact, if sideshow had said this was a 1/4 scale piece they would have fooled me, and thats saying something about it.

Costume looks amazing - sideshow 12" figs almost always have incredible costuming. It the likenesses that are hit or miss. To me, this one is a miss.
Looks nothing like Viggo to me. Sorry if it's rude, but I guess the bane of an artist is the critic. And as collectors and consumers aren't we all critics?

I personally don't have an issue with the likeness since I'm very happy with the overall figure. What I do have an issue with is that it's being called an "Aragorn" figure. I can't believe this. What the heck is Sideshow trying to do pull the wool over our eyes? I'm appalled! This definitely looks like a Strider figure pre-Rivendell. He wasn't official Aragorn until Rivendell. I mean this is a bunch of bologna. Come on Sideshow what's going on? ;) :D

Fritz said:
I personally don't have an issue with the likeness since I'm very happy with the overall figure. What I do have an issue with is that it's being called an "Aragorn" figure. I can't believe this. What the heck is Sideshow trying to do pull the wool over our eyes? I'm appalled! This definitely looks like a Strider figure pre-Rivendell. He wasn't official Aragorn until Rivendell. I mean this is a bunch of bologna. Come on Sideshow what's going on? ;) :D

I would have to agree that with the lack of having a lot of facial hair ( no more than a stubble i would say! ) he definitely does look more like a post Bree...pre Rivendell Strider.

St.jpg

I still can't see Viggo in that sculpt at all.

Can't really comment on the tailoring as what i've seen on previous 12 inchers, the clothes were way too big/baggy and the materials used were obviously too 'thick'/unsuitable for figures of a smaller size.

Have to see how the rest of the cape falls.

I think that this figure looks pretty amazing! A few minor nuances could do with improvement, such as the skin tone and hair color but otherwise, this guy looks awesome. Much better than the SSW statue, although I still really like the SSW bust. The level of detail in the costume is outrageous, however, and I can't wait to start collecting LOTR all over again:D

I'm not among the more expert or discriminating LotR folks here but I do know what ol' Viggo looks like and he looks like this sculpt. This is one of the figures from the line I will be getting. I like the costtume from the film and he's a principal character. The likeness isn't perfect but is plenty good enough for me and is more than recognizable as the subject. Based on what is available in 1/6th sculpts this is very nicely done. From what I've seen I really like this first offering. I think it's a great choice and whats been shown of it is very well done.

I am glad for this new pic of the figure. I love the overall look. I really needed a Strider and I think I will be pleased with the final outcome.

Sorry if people don't like this but, this has to be the worst thing SS has done. The PF line looks like it is going to be great but the 12inch is awful. The NECA look better.

I still didn't mind the first pic. of the figure but this second pic. is a much better representation IMO. As for likenesses...sure it's not perfect but I know that sculting is a difficult medium and not every scuplt is going to come out with a 100% likeness. As long as Aragorn doesn't look like the horrid Toybiz ones I'm happy. I see Aragorn when I see this 12-inch figure so I'll be happy to fork over the cost for this figure. :banana

Bottom line...this will be about a $50.oo figure..(i.e. TOY).....So, I suppose SS aren't going to put THAT much attention to getting the likeness bang on....Wait until the P.F. 1/4 scale for that....I hope:rolleyes:

The second pic certainly does look better but the facial area is smaller and more in shadow, so the biggest area of controversy, mainly the eyes, are not as clearly seen.

I agree that this one is miles above the Toybiz and DiD sculpts. The clothing and detailing look even better as well. I'm happy with what I'm seeing so far and if we don't get a warped plastic sword in the process, I'll be :banana.

B-Electronic said:
I dont see any improvement in likeness at all. The first picture showed it to be off the mark, the second one just confirms it for me.

Yep ! What he said.

I wonder if he'll come with the Evenstar...

I'm really regretting shelling out for the DiD version. Suck City. I wrote a generally positive review for it a while back for Michael Crawford, but I've definitely seen the light. The only saving grace is that the DiD came with a quality metal word and the Evenstar, which I might be able to give SSC Aragorn...

I'm most anticipating Gandalf The Grey. Exclusives are going to be cool on these, I think. Maybe Gandalf will come with the Book of Moria...

I might get him if the exclusive is the Evenstar. It's not shown in the pic of the standard version, so it seems like a pretty likely candidate for the exclusive. That or an apple to throw at Pippin.

Back