NEW ARAGORN PICTURE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow Andy said:
No sir, this is Mat's work.

Well Andy...tell Matt that it looks a heck of a lot better then any of the crybabies on this forum can do. Good job.

Buttmunch said:
I think only $50 -$55. The costume and accessories aren't that complex. I mean he doesn't have armour like an orc would. Anyone know the pre-order day? Next Friday?

Pre-order on :horror FRIDAY THE 13!:horror

NICE!!!!!!! I am so going to be broke. well I'm broke roght now so more broke if thats possible. One thing sideshow, dont bring em all out too fast! think about us little folk!:wacky

He looks completely different from the other pic! I'm still missing the cleft in the chin, but I'll bet it's there. And the outfit is very cool - looks like leather, much more ambitious than Did tried with their's. I'm definitely looking forward to this line even more.

Nothing has changed with the new angle. The sculpt is still off if that is supposed to be Viggo as Aragorn.

In that pose it looks well i will gonna display it in that way so i cant remember how does its sees in front look.

Fritz said:
If you want to compare Aragorn/Viggo likenesses, boy did I find a web page/site for you...

And no matter what the angle, all the images on that site still look like Viggo as Aragorn. :D Unlike (unfortunately) the Sideshow sculpt.

Looks much better. Do you think Sideshow felt a little pressure to release another picture after some of the comments on the boards? Has Sideshow ever significantly changed something about a figure after negative feedback?
Let alone a sculpt?

I personally have no problem admitting when I am wrong, I will be among the first to say, that I am surprised at this new picture. I really thought that given the first picture was straight ahead, that neither angle nor shadows, etc played too much a role in the likeness; yet again, I should have known better (see my New Year's Resolution). That said, I am still not enthused with the likeness, and it hasn't grown exponentially IMO, but it is better for sure. The selling point on this one IMO is the costuming, the bed roll even appears to be material. By the way, given that there is weathering on this piece, should we expect the same thing for the PF Lurtz!!?!??! :cool:

I dont see any improvement in likeness at all. The first picture showed it to be off the mark, the second one just confirms it for me.

Still, the figure looks even more awesome now than it did before. That outfit is just amazing work!! It even has mud on the sleves!! Cant wait to get this one :banana

The new shot definitely, in my opinion, looks a lot more like Viggo...But, I still dunno....That first pic...the close up of the face....was way off.....But, this one looks much better...Go figure.:confused:

Okay, as a fan of both Sideshow and LOTR, I gotta say that cash and display space will probably be why I might not collect this 12" line.

That said, I think the sculpt is cool, the outfit and accessories look fantastic, but the paints are (once again) not being very cooperative.

While I was kind of funning with my Photoshop Aragorn pic in the other thread, here is a more serious example showing how the piece could be improved based on paint apps alone.

Nothing besides color was changed, no scaling, no moving facial features, etc. So in a sense, you could "paint" the sculpt the way I "painted" it here:

One note that I hope Sideshow especially takes to heart: the hair color is way off from the pics we've seen, and much too "one tone". Viggo/Aragorn's hair is nowhere near as dark as the pics show. Viggo's hair has a decent amount of red in it too, and the solid-looking hair is one way of making the sculpt look much more toy-like than it actually is.

As for those continuing to berate the sculpt . . . what Aragorn sculpts are really worlds better?

Anakin said:
.,.that's pretty harsh,..principally with the sculptors..,,i may not like everything they produce but i don't call their work crap..
:sick move your butt and go work at sideshow if you think you can do better..:rolleyes:

I agree with that 100%. SS needs both positive and negative feedback on all aspects of their product design from prototype through to the finished article.
Sometimes people seem to forget that these collectibles are made by...PEOPLE. :peace So saying its 'Crap' does not really help in any way. If I was a sculptor, I would want strong honest opinions on my work, not one liners like: Its Craptacular or it sucks.
I think with this Aragorn discussion, we have seen the good, the bad and the ugly of collectible discussion:banghead

Back