New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey just curious one of my friends I buy a lot of statues from said he would sell me his special version sano alien but I'm not sure how much is a good price for him. Anyone have any ideas what a good price for the special version would be?

Last edited:
So since this is second hand --- if he's your friend, he'll sell it to you no more than what he paid at most ---

I personally wouldn't pay more than 800...but perhaps 900 is fair enough...I forgot what shipping would be...

Hey just curious one of my friends I buy a lot of statues from said he would sell me his special version sano alien but I'm not sure how much is a good price for him. Anyone have any ideas what a good price for the special version would be?

The special version got solf for $1500 on the secondary market,
and the price for it at its realese was about $1290!
I'm telling you this piece worth every penny!
So do what you got to do:wink1:

The special version got solf for $1500 on the secondary market,
and the price for it at its realese was about $1290!
I'm telling you this piece worth every penny!
So do what you got to do:wink1:

Couldn't say it better myself!
Love my special ver.!, it's just stunning!
I don't think the question is that it is secondhand, all going to be "secondhand" its the only way to get it..
And it's not going to be cheaper for that.. more like other way around..

Couldn't say it better myself!
Love my special ver.!, it's just stunning!
I don't think the question is that it is secondhand, all going to be "secondhand" its the only way to get it..
And it's not going to be cheaper for that.. more like other way around..

Yep that's for sure:exactly:it's definitely the best ALIEN Statue around and it's just going to be impossible to come by...:lecture

I Went to Giger's Museum once again and the Sano statue is 99.99/100 accurate!!!!
The only thing that its missing is the shredded skin whitch the CM has!

Here's some pics that I took there...
IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

Here's a quick shot of the Space Jockey maquette...:monkey3 it's huge:thud:amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSC08447.jpg

ALIEN:rock

anything under $2k is a super deal in my opinion but those are never on sale so it's hard to put a real market price on it. Fyi there is very little difference between spec vs regular except a slightly lighter color, in that regards reg is actually more realistic and spec is more movie like.

this is the best and only alien that's 99.999% screen accurate, basically a smaller version of the same suit used in the movie. But the real kicker is not only that it's accurate but the paint on every piece is also done by sano himself too - absolute perfection (none of that sideshow chinese factory crap). Only the japanese can achieve such intricate levels of detail perfectly on a mass produced statue, it's as if we cloned silentsurfer and made him paint all of them.

It's one of my 3 most loved statues of all time, and i dont even like alien that match... Pay whatever you have to, to get this. Already impossible to find will only get worse, and I have zero faith sideshow will ever create an accurate alien or one done to such level of paint in their chinese factories.

Yep that's for sure:exactly:it's definitely the best ALIEN Statue around and it's just going to be impossible to come by...:lecture

I Went to Giger's Museum once again and the Sano statue is 99.99/100 accurate!!!!
The only thing that its missing is the shredded skin whitch the CM has!

Here's some pics that I took there...
IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

Here's a quick shot of the Space Jockey maquette...:monkey3 it's huge:thud:amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSC08447.jpg

ALIEN:rock

Awsome pic.! m8!! :clap:clap

Great deal man:thud:you'll be blown away by this statue:clap

totally agree it's a steal:lecture

Thanks I'm glad you like em but there are not very nice since photos are not allowed in the museum...:monkey4:lol

Goodjob anyway man! :rotfl :wink1:

I dont like the pose.

You can blame giger for that...sanos sculpture is supposed to be a replica of that original statue by giger which is currently on display in gruyere switzerland...the reason it is neutral, is because its the basis for the suit sculpte...there are a couple differences between this and the final costume...mainly that the hands where made as separate gloves, so the ribbing was added to hide the separation. And this original sculpture, has no elbow spurs.

Oh and the fingers were paired up on the costume to prevent flopping

Back