New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Purple does neutralize yellow, but since the yellowing would be gradual over a year or more, I'm not sure how well that would work out.

Neca seems to have done that with their figure's dome -- unless it was unintentional...it'd probably prevent it tho -- maybe just a little -- not enough to be noticed...?

absolutely gorgeous work, surfer. your eye for detail on this piece is just sick. saved all the pics.

Did the NECA domes turn yellow?

No - but I've always wondered if they ever would considering that purplish hue in the cross-section (you know how some glass is green and some acrylic is blue -- well this had a purplish tinge that was more obvious in the test shot pics...

Here's my fully finished Sano 1/5 Big Chap Alien and base. I went for a look that would be reminiscent of Giger's art style as well as the weathered look of the Space Jockey. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to decal "XENOMORPH" on the front, but I'm happy with it empty for now anyway. My plan is to make it look like a digital read out in MU-TH-R 182 computer font like the front panel is actually a screen.

I used the decal that came with it for the back of the base. I really wanted to include the "ROSWELL JAPAN" and "Sculpted by Yoshihiko Sano" text, but I did not realize it wasn't a water decal. I've never seen a rub off decal, and I ruined those tiny letters figuring it out. Looks good with just A L I E N on it though.

SanoAlienBaseRearDecal.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullRear.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullRightRear.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullRight.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullFrontRight.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullFront.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullFrontLeft.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullLeft.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullLeftRear.jpg

I had one of the Konami Chestbursters, a really well done piece, and in scale with this statue fortunately. I didn't like the paint, so I stripped it down. The main body is actually a perfect base color and should allow for some great translucent effects. The bigger tail section was actually white but should easily enough by made to match the body. The end of the tail though, absolutely would not let go of the paint, but I know it's white underneath. I'll have to do my best to blend it with the rest when I paint it. Once repainted and bloody, Big and Little Chap will share the same base.

LittleChap-unpainted.jpg

silentsurfer everything looks amazing, except giant "alien" word in front of the cover, argg get rid of that and it will be perfect.

i agree on the big ALIEN letters, take it out....too flashy.

i love how u did on the skin veins, the base looks great.

I was just going to ask you where you were at with your base:lol
Great job it looks so real and love the ALIEN on the back of it,just class !
Still don't know what to think of the ALIEN word on the case though...at first I tought it was weird and then I got used to it.

By the way are you going to leave the front of the base empty,I like the way it is,it makes it look real but Aren't you going to write Xenomorph in front of it whenever you feel like it?Guess you don't need it after all since you've got ALIEN written down in front of the base already...

Looking great !

Looks awesome! The case is a bit flashy for me but, I'm sure it looks 10 times better in person.

Yeah, my hope is to find a successfull way of putting "XENOMORPH" on the front of the base in a way that looks like it's a computer read out from MU-TH-R 182 ("Mother"), but doing that with decals is tricky.

Awesome!! Awesome work !!

-- I saw another attempt by someone else to paint it the way you have -- yours is dead-on dude!
I hope Hot toys gives us something NEWLY SCULPTED with this kind of paintjob -- I know they won't, but it's nice to dream...!!

Back