New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The second picture of the actual suit is very desaturated (colorless), but your assessment of the brightness of the paint scheme is right on. It should be more tan and brown in the highlighted areas though. A nice dose of translucent toning effects on the Special Edition might set it just right.

is the second one the statue from the giger museum?

Keep up the in progress shots Silent, looking good so far!

I love that pic of the Alien squatting without the dome - freaky.

The crab walk scene is a bit awkward, but the way the tail rolls out pointing at Lambert is brilliant, and then he slowly stands. Cool.

The crab walk might look a bit off, but I get chills when he slowly stands up next to her.
Just perfect

I've always wanted the ultimate, high detail, properly proportioned rendition of the Big Chap. Finally Sano sculpted the perfect Alien. But it still didn't have the kind of under-dome skull detail I always wanted to see. Thank God Roswell decided to do a kit version so I could make it live up to my dream.

Finished skull paint up.

SanoAlien-FinishedSkull-FrontB.jpg

SanoAlien-FinishedSkull-RightSide.jpg

SanoAlien-FinishedSkull-LeftSide.jpg

SanoAlien-FinishedSkull-FrontLeft.jpg

SanoAlien-FinishedSkull-Front.jpg

Dome fit without tinting.

SanoAlien-FinishedSkull-UnpaintedDomeLeft.jpg

SanoAlien-FinishedSkull-UnpaintedDomeRight.jpg

SanoAlien-FinishedSkull-UnpaintedDomeFront.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Freaks! This was a challenging labor of love. While I do have lots of references for the head detail, I've discovered by looking at them all that the five different heads made for the movie all have slightly different skull detailing, and not all the heads are exactly the same shape and proportion. It was a bit frustrating to try to marry the best of each to achieve something that met all my expectations. My initial plan of attack kinda failed, but I just kept at it, and I am happy with where this ended up though.

Thanks! I'll be using translucent paints to do it. I've actually got a ComArt paint called Transparent Smoke that will come in quite handy.

Back