New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm that's ok, it was a forced perspective photo.

You are lucky of having the two :clap

I'm lucky my wife is understanding of my collecting...
The Marmit is cool -- but a Marmit I love even more is this retro style one that I have...I'll try to dig up a pic...
000bwh.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
It's got a clear dome with a skull in there also -- it's vinyl, as usual, and has articulation at the shoulders, waist and hips and the neck...

Last edited:
demorathis you are definitely an ALIEN collector thanks for sharing all your pics!!

Looking forward to see your sano ALIEN in your Roswell display case:wink1:

Oh man I just love this thing. I wish this was around 4 years ago when I did my sculpt. This artist has done his studying on this and it shows. I was just looking at mine and shaking my head because I want it dead on accurate. Wish I had the time and reference back in 07 because I wanted to nail the sculpt like this great piece. I hope to get this piece and too me it looks outstanding.

Tankman, if you are around, were you able to score this one? I think the normal is still available at www.Roswell.co.jp
if anything, it's probably a little easier to scrutinize the sculpt because the paint scheme is flatter...

There seems to be a question as to whether you're resculpting the NECA alien, even if partially, or if it's just a repaint...

WTF? Get that Predator toy talk outta here! lol

The original ALIEN in the movie is around 7 foot long at least right??!!

The guy in the suit was 7'2". Then add the Head to that. I'm guessing he stood about 8' tall.

I went to a scale conversion calculator and it seems to be just under 1:5 scale.
Then after doing all of these calculations, I realize that the statue Sano based this on was the original Giger statue. I believe, it was made smaller so that the silicone suit would fit tight on the actor. Plus it doesn't have the actors head in there raising it up the extra inches. lol

WTF? Get that Predator toy talk outta here! lol

The guy in the suit was 7'2". Then add the Head to that. I'm guessing he stood about 8' tall.

I went to a scale conversion calculator and it seems to be just under 1:5 scale.
Then after doing all of these calculations, I realize that the statue Sano based this on was the original Giger statue. I believe, it was made smaller so that the silicone suit would fit tight on the actor. Plus it doesn't have the actors head in there raising it up the extra inches. lol

I believe Giger sculpted the suit over a cast made from Bolaji's entire body including his head...

demorathis have you received your replacement statue yet?

When you ordered the special case from RS did it come assembled or you had to mount it yourself?

I'm probably not going to order it there cause it's really expensive but I wanted to know a little more about the quality or if you could just take some pics of it?!

They.ll be sending the alien this week I think..they were also moving house, so they're a read busy between that ands wonderfestival...the case came fully assembled, and the base is actually molded in resin I believe...not acrylic, but the case itself is acrylic. I.ll post pics once I receive it.

They.ll be sending the alien this week I think..they were also moving house, so they're a read busy between that ands wonderfestival...the case came fully assembled, and the base is actually molded in resin I believe...not acrylic, but the case itself is acrylic. I.ll post pics once I receive it.

Thanks for your answer demorathis:hi5:

No problem...i'm really anxious to get this, as you can probably imagine.

Yep I can understand you very well on this:thud:
Hope it gets to you in perfect mint condition so you can display it with your a acrylic case:wink1::cool:

I believe you are the only one to own this case actualy:clap

Yep I can understand you very well on this:thud:
Hope it gets to you in perfect mint condition so you can display it with your a acrylic case:wink1::cool:

I believe you are the only one to own this case actualy:clap

Probably right - at least on here - ;)

I'm sure I'm not entirely alone! I'm a sucker for the "official" accessories!
It was so beautifully crafted though...

I'm also waiting for my SS maquette in the meantime and it'll be a nice contrast to the Sano piece! - Though I was hoping it'd be glossier than what I'm seeing...

Probably right - at least on here - ;)

I'm sure I'm not entirely alone! I'm a sucker for the "official" accessories!
It was so beautifully crafted though...

I'm also waiting for my SS maquette in the meantime and it'll be a nice contrast to the Sano piece! - Though I was hoping it'd be glossier than what I'm seeing...

Awesome demorathis:clap
Once you receive your ALIEN maquette please take some pictures of the Sano next to it:hi5:

:rock

The maquete is going to dwarf the Sano piece.

If your maquete looks too matte, bathe it with Future Shine. Pledge sells it as Floor Care Wood Floor Finish. I got some at Walmart.

Back