New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know it reminds me of the Kenner - which, according to Giger, was one of the better representations of his design- because even thought the details were shallow or inaccurate, the proportion and the shapes of the limbs and head were basically correct.
This Sano sculpture is a dead ringer for the statue...

OMG I hate that pose .... it looks like a human dressed in an alien costume

Well that was what made it creepy -- its IS humanoid... as long as you can't see his head in the neck and the rubbery fingers attached to the gloves and the floppy loner feet, and no suit wrinkles, or zipper seams, it should look the way it's supposed to ... he moved weird in the movie, but not anything too much out of a humans range of posture and movement

plus the statue was static, to show the design of the creature...not for much else.

This piece looks phenomenal!

I saw some pictures a week ago,just searching online, and happened to see the custom that was piosted and thought that it would be awesome to have that piece.Now it's actually going to be available!:banana

I'll have to wait and see about the price,but I may have to cancel the 1/4 maquette for this.It's just to perfect!

Will this piece be available to purchase here in the US?

These are actually the type of poses I'd rather see.
There aren't to many mass produced statues with something similar. They all go for the complicated poses , bending over and jumping when something much simpler like this looks much better to me.

what's the deal with the dogs?

Screen accuracy.

aliendoggies.jpg

Oh man I just love this thing. I wish this was around 4 years ago when I did my sculpt. This artist has done his studying on this and it shows. I was just looking at mine and shaking my head because I want it dead on accurate. Wish I had the time and reference back in 07 because I wanted to nail the sculpt like this great piece. I hope to get this piece and too me it looks outstanding.

Great sculpt. But the pose is way to static. I'll stick with the Big Chap, I CAN NOT wait to have that displayed!!!!!!!!:yess:

I missed out on the Marmit vinyl, I absolutely have to get this.
It's dead on.

I love the pose.

Dear god I want this, but judging by the price of the bust this is going to be astronomically expensive.:(

Oh man I just love this thing. I wish this was around 4 years ago when I did my sculpt. This artist has done his studying on this and it shows. I was just looking at mine and shaking my head because I want it dead on accurate. Wish I had the time and reference back in 07 because I wanted to nail the sculpt like this great piece. I hope to get this piece and too me it looks outstanding.

I admire your candidness--candid-ity ....ah candor...(of course)!!

There is one tiny detail the sculptor missed - I only know this because I though something was missing from the statue itself (though I don't know that it was an intentional detail on Giger's part or not -- the shoulders: one of them actually has one less "tube" or vein -- I don't know why - maybe it was just the statue in the museum - but the Marmit statue replicated that - just an observation

I think it's greatly to your credit that you are still so open to reviewing your already excellent work on the Neca figure, and I'd love to see you have another crack at it one day.

I think it's greatly to your credit that you are still so open to reviewing your already excellent work on the Neca figure, and I'd love to see you have another crack at it one day.

Hopefully they let him have another crack at this one -- after all Neca isnt necessarily making limited editions, so they wouldnt be violating any unspoken collector rules! =)

I know they'd have to make a whole new set of metal molds, but it'll make its money back fast considering how many new collectors there are because of the predator alone...

You nailed the Predator. I'm more of a Predator then an Alien fan. So it's a bigger deal for me then Sano nailed the Alien. If you can revisit it, I'm sure you'll be able to knock it out of the park like the Predator. :rock2

You nailed the Predator. I'm more of a Predator then an Alien fan. So it's a bigger deal for me then Sano nailed the Alien. If you can revisit it, I'm sure you'll be able to knock it out of the park like the Predator. :rock2

Thanks a lot but I love Alien just about as much as the Predator and now I can see what the Alien really looks like. This piece here isn't perfect but it's the best so far. I think he really nailed the legs and feet big time. I had to guess a lot on the shapes and ever since I did the piece I've seen so much more reference and I look and can't help but notice what could be better.

Thanks a lot but I love Alien just about as much as the Predator and now I can see what the Alien really looks like. This piece here isn't perfect but it's the best so far. I think he really nailed the legs and feet big time. I had to guess a lot on the shapes and ever since I did the piece I've seen so much more reference and I look and can't help but notice what could be better.

Minimum inaccuracies are what we've been looking for. Let's wait and see what level can Sano bring on this one when it's done. I a fan of Alien but I'd rather not have any but to have one with the right look. That's why I got the 1/3 bust as soon as I saw it.

Last edited:
If I can manage to get this piece, even just the kit, I will consider my lifetime dream of Alien perfection to be achieved and cross it off my list.

Back