New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as cool as it is, $1250 + shipping is hella high for a 1/5 piece, and getting a replacement if it were damaged would be a pain.

You have to remember that this is possibly, probably, the most accurate Alien statue ever made though.

well the most accurate Predator ever made is in 1/4 and it sold for $1,000. I still say price is way too high for what you get. Who knows how many different Alien statues Sano will make in the future, if the demand is there, he will continue to make them.

I agree with Lar'ja. Even Steve Wang said the P1 maquette wasn't proportioned correctly. Detail-wise, it was excellent though. That's not Sideshow's fault though. They only put the piece into production. Winston Studios actually made the prototypes just like ADI made the Wolf Pred maquette that was at SDCC this year.

Well, just got my ship notice from Roswell. The kit version is on its way to me.

Hello, Mr.Nathan Eakins
I am Yumiko.

Today, I shipped your order of Alien 1/5 Kit

The tracking no. EJ107171461JP

Your patience has been very much appreciated.
Thank you for your order.

Yumiko Maki

Who makes this display case? Is it also offered on Roswell and Hobby Search?

Here is the link to the display case page , price at $232 ... quite a hefty price tag :dance

I agree with Lar'ja. Even Steve Wang said the P1 maquette wasn't proportioned correctly. Detail-wise, it was excellent though. That's not Sideshow's fault though. They only put the piece into production. Winston Studios actually made the prototypes just like ADI made the Wolf Pred maquette that was at SDCC this year.

Well, just got my ship notice from Roswell. The kit version is on its way to me.

Congrads :rock ... i am loving the fast shipping from roswell, special aversion just around the corner.

:lol Aversion...

aversion.jpg

One for the fans...

Here is the link to the display case page , price at $232 ...

Plexi Fab Inc in Fullerton California makes cases exactly like that. Exactly. The Cutey Honey statue in my signature pic is in a case just like that Roswell case. Plexi Fab also makes mirrored backings. I just bought 3' by 2' by 2.5' case from them for my 1:1 costume prop replica '89Godzilla head, and it cost me about $100 less than that Roswell case. I can fit in the case I bought. The Roswell case is a rip off, kinda like the price of the statue.

Here's a link to Plexi Fab: https://www.plexifab.com/

:lol Aversion...

aversion.jpg

That's the paint style I'm going for, dome and all. I like the slight haze on the dome and those white veiny thins on it, and you can still see through it. I also love the coloring on the body. Sitll kind of organic.

Can't wait to see Silent Surfer's work up on this piece. I may weep. :(

I may attempt a repose to make it look like it does in that pic above. If I pull that and the paint off, I might share a Kleenex with you.

I think Giger just sprayed black over the raw latex which had a brownish tint to it. Look at how thick the neck is there!

I think Giger just sprayed black over the raw latex which had a brownish tint to it. Look at how thick the neck is there!

Yup, that's my thinking as well. You can actually see him using the airbrush on the suit while Bolaji is wearing it in some BTS material.

does anyone else think there's a high possibility the raw kits are going to get recasted? I'm really surprised these were offered as kits.

Back