New ALIEN 'Kane' Custom Headsculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Space Jockey

Super Freak
Reaction score
New ALIEN 'Kane' Custom Headsculpt (New Painted Photos)

All,

I've completed a headsculpt for the Kane figure from Alien. You can find images over at https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42575&page=3 and it is on post #28.

I've posted a thread here to let you guys know as here there is more traffic and is where my fellow Alien collectors seem to hang out. I'm after some feedback, it's made from sculpy and hasn't been baked yet so I can make some amendments. In a couple of weeks, I should be able to offer painted and unpainted sculpts, so please let me know if you are interested.
Many thanks and all the best
- SJ.

Last edited:
That's a very nice sculpt!
I can't really put my finger on it, but I find the features somewhat "exaggerated"... but it's obviously miles closer to Hurt than the HT headsculpt.
Bravo!

Looks like this project is a go :D
In all I have six people interested in a sculpt so far. I'll order some resin and get one painted up. If anyone else is interested, please let me know via the thread. It'll be a week - week and a half before I have the resin in hand so in the meantime I'd still like to hear some feedback on the sculpt so I can make some modifications.
Thanks and all the best
- SJ

Hi SJ. I would be interested too. How much is the head likely to run before shipping?

Thanks,
James.

Definitely interested in replacing my 'Freddy Mercury' Kane head! This looks really promising. Please PM me with details on prices for painted and unpainted.

Thanks!

:duff

I've made some minor amendments to the sculpt, the resin is on order and it's looking good. To be perfectly honest this is the first sculpt I'm selling and only my second headsculpt full stop (though I've cast other sculpts of mine plenty of times before) so I'm not too sure how much to charge, but I've asked one or two fellow board members for advice on that and hope to update you soon. :D

I 'll likely get one painted up and give a cost for a painted sculpt (along with unpainted sculpts) then along with some pics. I'll keep you posted.
Best regards
-SJ :cool:

I might take one! :D

On mine, I shaved off that mustache, and it looks better, but with no eyebags and squinty John Hurt eyes, he is just not quite right. This sculpt helps.
Also thought of slightly fogging up the clear faceplate also to blur it more. You never could see Hurt's face too well anyway.

All,
Here are some photo updates of how the sculpt looks painted up. With a neck adaptor the headsculpt can be placed into the figure with the helmet placed over the top. I’m updating during my lunch hour; light permitting when I get home I’ll see if I can get some images of it within the suit and helmet.
I now have ten casts available – I’ll do these in blocks of ten – and can provide them painted or unpainted.
Unpainted versions are $25 +$5 p&p worldwide (does not include neck adaptor) (wait time two weeks or less)
Painted versions are $55 +$5 p&pworldwide (includes neck adaptor) (wait time three weeks or less)
I usually mail these out on a Saturday or Monday.
Both versions come with screen accurate patches for the chestplates and back of the figure for both Dallas and Kane. These are on printed paper that can simply be cut out and stuck on.

Here is a list of ten that have shown interest in buying one; please PM me with confirmation that you still want to purchase and whether it’s unpainted or painted; please also PM me if you want taken off the list so someone else can move onto it. Once the list is full and I’m at a stage where I’ll send them out, I’ll start another group of ten, and so on. I will then send a return PM with payment instructions.
Also if you would like to buy, indicate on this thread and I’ll put you on the list for the next ten.
Thanks! :)
-SJ

1. Star Puffs
2. Mgoob
3. Androidandy
4. Temponaut
5. Pauleysolo
6. Dropshipbob
7. Abake
8. Tnaig001
9. Indiana Fett
10. Les Walker

An update thus far on the list: -

1. ---
2. Mgoob - Painted (Confirmed, Payment Pending)
3. Androidandy - Unpainted (Paid, Getting prepped for shipping)
4. Temponaut - Painted (Paid, Painting in progress)
5. Pauleysolo - Painted (Paid, Painting in progress)
6. Dropshipbob - Unpainted (with neck adaptor) (Paid, Getting prepped for shipping)
7. ---
8. Tnaig001 - Painted (Paid, Painting in progress)
9. Indiana Fett - Unpainted / painted TBD (Confirmed, Payment Pending)
10. Les Walker - Unpainted (Confirmed, Payment Pending)
11. Lordmasterprince - Unpainted (Paid, Getting prepped for shipping)

Last edited:
Quick update on the list. Will be painting some over the weekend and prepping all for shipping mid next week all being well.

- Update on 05/05/09...
All is going well, all faces and necks are painted on the 'painted' sculpts, I have the hats to do and they will be dispatched on the 11th. I'd prefer daylight to work, which means the weekend to finish the paint-ups.
Patches are printed and ready to be included.

Thanks and regards,
- SJ.

Last edited:
1. ---
2. Mgoob - Painted (Paid, Shipped)
3. Androidandy - Unpainted (Paid, Shipped)
4. Temponaut - Painted (Paid, Shipped)
5. Pauleysolo - Painted (Paid, Shipped)
6. Dropshipbob - Unpainted (with neck adaptor) (Paid, Shipped)
7. ---
8. Tnaig001 - Painted (Paid, Shipped)
9. Indiana Fett - Unpainted (Paid, Shipped)
10. Les Walker - Unpainted (Confirmed, Payment Pending)
11. Lordmasterprince - Unpainted (Paid, Shipped)

Quick update on shipping. Paid-for unpainted sculpts have been shipped today. :D

Last edited:
Just to let you guys know I have a further 2 Painted headsculpts ready to go, and (6) Unpainted sculpts ready. I can cast up sculpts as required. If interested, shoot me a pm or post within this thread. These may be the last painted sculpts I do for a while as I'm concentrating more on my exterior Nostromo blueprints. :cool:
Thanks,
- SJ

Received my head some time ago. Apologies for the delay in pics. Here they are :chew Anyone on the fence should jump and get one before prices go wild when ripley and the big guy finally gets made :D

Kane_front.jpg

Kane_side.jpg

well bumping from page 6 !! due in no small part because the custom sculpt of Kane was delivered today and was even better than I thought he was going to be...so enjoy the pics :chew

a vast improvement on the original. :D

kane5.jpg

Back