1/6 NEW [ACI TOYS] 1/6 "TOTAL ROME" Roman Legionary & Optio (3Ver) Armour &W Update p.4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEW [ACI TOYS] 1/6 "TOTAL ROME" Roman Legionary & Optio (3Ver) Armour &W Update

i am kind of nervous about the optio from all the early reviews i have been reading about flimsy parts breaking off and the plume being very thin compared to the pictures. I just paid for my pre-order a few days ago and it's supposed to ship this coming week it cost quite a bit and i just hope it's done properly.

Re: NEW [ACI TOYS] 1/6 "TOTAL ROME" Roman Legionary & Optio (3Ver) Armour &W Update

i am kind of nervous about the optio from all the early reviews i have been reading about flimsy parts breaking off and the plume being very thin compared to the pictures. I just paid for my pre-order a few days ago and it's supposed to ship this coming week it cost quite a bit and i just hope it's done properly.

I sent them messages on facebook, waiting for a reply. Other reviewers pointed out the same things. I just read 2 other guys saying that some parts broke just off the box. So I think its a design issue.

The only thing that broke on mine was a section of the boots while threading them. Bryan sent me a new pair, along with extra greaves for Verus - since he'd previously said he'd come boxed with a pair rather than just the one.

Therefore I have no issues with ACI's customer service or communication. I contacted Bryan both by email and by private message through OneSixthWarriors.

Well, I hope so. I`m still waiting. From the invoice , my Optio was sent directly by him ( it has his name as sender) , so I hope he'll at least reply.

I prefer the construction of the ACI armour, but those two extra embossed rivets still bug me! It was the result of them copying an Indian-made replica rather than an accepted historical reconstruction as KP would do.

With Verus I was starting to get fed up with ACI's gladiators. They required too much mix 'n match (and extra bought pieces) to achieve a more historical appearance. So am looking forward to KP's new murmillo/hoplomachus set. Also looking forward to KP's Praetorian, Legate, Roman kits and Gaul.

I had to take a leap of faith with their black optio and consider him a very rare example from history, because he looked too good not to buy from a purely aesthetic angle.
Yes those extra Rivets do stand out but i'm happy to ignore them.The Construction is great on the Segmentata for sure,but when an ACI Roman costs me around $60 more than a KP i'll stick with just the one.I'm also fussy about the Uniform colours which is why the Blue Optios Tunic has to go.:)
As for Gladiators i know what you're talking about with accuracy and mismatches but i have avoided going down that path.My toy budget is spread pretty thin so i have just stuck with Roman Military which is my true passion.

I received mine just a couple of days ago and my Plume was full and looked the same as the promo pictures.I had a broken Cheek Plate mount broken off which is easily repairable but other than that it was all good.

Back