1/6 NEW [ACI TOYS] 1/6 "TOTAL ROME" Roman Legionary & Optio (3Ver) Armour &W Update p.4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEW [ACI TOYS] 1/6 "TOTAL ROME" Roman Legionary & Optio (3Ver) Armour &W Update

Awesome, thanks for sharing that picture.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Re: NEW [ACI TOYS] 1/6 "TOTAL ROME" Roman Legionary & Optio (3Ver) Armour &W Update

Even the cases in WWII which was just 70 years before, many objects and issues are still not 100% accurate and reliable.
Best regards,
Bryan

This is 100% truth. A lot of German helmets made in 1:6 are completely wrong in shape and detail, yet most except it.

The cuirass may be slightly inaccurate but for me the inaccuracy is so minor that it doesn't matter. This armor is truly an accomplishment and I'm so looking forward to getting one.
Hell, I'd like to get a cuirass just to display it alone opened up on the shelf as in this pic:
aci14-romanlegionary-armourdetail-2.jpg

This is so complex and intricate that I hope there are no issues in production.

Bryan - When and how will you alert to us on how to order the "Elite Optio"? I have ordered the Legionary from Cotswald and would like to know when and where to get the exclusive. Thanks.

I'm beginning to see now where the ACI variation from standard depictions is coming from.

As posted above, the armour Bryan based this on was made for Albion Swords by International Steelcrafts of India.

Legio XX no longer use this style, going by the images on their website, and Albion Swords have discontinued production of it.

Robinson's book dates back to 1975, and this page may shed some light on the issue:

Does that explain the extra two embossed rivets, which implies an extra two leather straps under the armour?

maybe there's two leather straps under the armour, it's logical

Just quick update our figures now displaying at the 2013 Hong Kong Inno Design Tech Expo in Hong Kong

Regards,
Bryan

2013idt1.jpg

2013idt2.jpg

2013idt3.jpg

2013idt4.jpg

2013idt5.jpg

2013idt6.jpg

2013idt7.jpg

2013idt8.jpg

2013idt9.jpg

2013idt10.jpg

2013idt11.jpg

2013idt12.jpg

2013idt13.jpg

2013idt14.jpg

2013idt15.jpg

2013idt16.jpg

2013idt17.jpg

2013idt18.jpg

2013idt19.jpg

2013idt20.jpg

2013idt21.jpg

2013idt22.jpg

2013idt23.jpg

Awesome! thanks for the pix! These cant get here fast enough! :impatient:

Got my Legionary this week. It's very cool indeed. I think ACI are getting better and better with each figure.
I did the packaging art on this one too so it's extra special for me.

Here be some pics:
7a9aqy3e.jpg

yjebe8ab.jpg
y2u3yjej.jpg

What an Amazing Piece - Love it. The detail is simply stunning.
I need to find the Optio and the Optio Elite
Take care everyone!!!
Jase of
Marshall Made Collectibles

yes, thank you Eamon for your superb artwork of our Roman Legionary!
Bryan

Got my Legionary this week. It's very cool indeed. I think ACI are getting better and better with each figure.
I did the packaging art on this one too so it's extra special for me.

Here be some pics:
7a9aqy3e.jpg

yjebe8ab.jpg
y2u3yjej.jpg

Mine arrived today. My first impressions :
Nice package, nice box.
The figure itself looks awesome, the armor is very well done, and very detailed. It looks much better personally than in pics.

I didn't really enjoy that you had to do so much to "fix" the figure.
I would have prefered if some of those steps weren't necessary - such as the sandals :
It took me two hours, with tweezers, to tie those caligae.
The belt - undoing the belt to add the gladius and dagger was hard.
The crest - not as full as in the pictures. Mine felt a little sparse. The mechanism was too frail, ended up breaking it, and having to use super glue. Ruined a bit of the paint on top =/ I wish I could get a new helmet from somewhere else.

Overall, a nicely done figure, 8/10 I won't give it 10 because I found it too complicated to assemble, and because of the crest.

Will continue to purchase other figures from the company.

SncrLHW.jpg

CoPVnfg.jpg

ynswABu.jpg

oogt2jN.jpg

aSrevej.jpg

cQRMKe9.jpg

ZhAubJc.jpg

K343ODn.jpg

Nice pics Sankari,i have the blue Optio in transit to me at the moment.I'm keen to see one of these Roman Soldiers up close as the only ACI Figure i currently own is the Maximus Figure.All the rest of my Romans are either KP or Custom.Can't wait!

Nice pics Sankari,i have the blue Optio in transit to me at the moment.I'm keen to see one of these Roman Soldiers up close as the only ACI Figure i currently own is the Maximus Figures.All the rest of my Romans are either KP or Custom.Can't wait!

It convinced me to get other ACI figures ;)
I want to order that new combo for maximus armor + costume , and get a customized russell crowe 1/6 head.
Ordered the Spartan Hoplite as well.

Mine arrived today. My first impressions :
Nice package, nice box.
The figure itself looks awesome, the armor is very well done, and very detailed. It looks much better personally than in pics.

I didn't really enjoy that you had to do so much to "fix" the figure.
I would have prefered if some of those steps weren't necessary.

Sounds like another great release from ACI! I probably wont get one of these for a couple of months, but looking forward to upgrading from my Ignite Legionary.
Putting these things together is part of the hobby. Personally I enjoy a figure I have to put together more then one that comes straight out of the box assembled.

but looking forward to upgrading from my Ignite Legionary.
Putting these things together is part of the hobby. Personally I enjoy a figure I have to put together more then one that comes straight out of the box assembled.

Kind of a shameless plug but with a new Body and a repaint the Ignite Legionaries don't turn out too bad at all:

This guy fits in quite well with all the recently released Romans i own.
Very keen to add the ACI Roman to the ranks though that's for sure.

I emailed them about my broken helmet. Still waiting for a reply.
Mp9S43n.jpg

Also , I was a little disappointed with the difference between the promotional pics and the final product ( what arrived)

kWqFD1x.jpg

myuIV2h.jpg

I received my Optio yesterday and have had him out briefly to check him out and that everything's ok and all there.

One of the Cheek Guard mounts were broken right off his Helmet off but i can repair that.However,other than that he was all intact.The Feathers on my Optio's Crest were nice and full like the promo pics and the paints on the figure were excellent.The Lorica Segmentata is really cleverly designed but i'm not looking forward to putting those Sandals together at all.Really not feeling the blue uniform myself either so i'll definitely be changing that and also removing the Bracers from his Wrists.

Overall though i really dig him,my personal tastes still lean more towards KPs Romans but this guy is definitely gonna look good amongst my little Legion.

First of all,great collection mate.Very impressive thanks for sharing.

I hear what you're saying about KPs more recent Segmentata,i actually just repainted one for a bash i'm doing and it looks a little better with some touch ups i reckon.I do agree on the Centurions too,i've seen in-hand pics of the ACI ones and they just don't excite me enough to want to own them.Especially when compared to the excellent KP Artorius Figure.

Back