New 3 3/4 Inch Marvel Universe Line...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with smaller figures such as the 3.75" is the paint jobs usually suck. I mean, the paint jobs on many of the Legends were bad, I can't imagine what they'll look like on these smaller figures. I do like the card art (Cho?) they are using. I may pick up doubles for some of my favorites.
I am a collector of the 25th anniversary Joes, which are Hasbro productions of the same size (and seem to have been the direct inspiration for these comic 2 packs), and I have to say, the paint work on the Joes typically seems as good, if not better than, that of the crappy Hasbro Legends. So, it isn't always the case that smaller figures will have crappy paintjobs (even from Hasbro).

Loving the Secret Wars comic pack ideas. I don't need to buy another line of toys, but I don't think that I can resist the updates to my beloved Secret Wars figures from my youth. And Spidey and His Amazing friends :rock

I was at Toys R Us today, and they had another shipment of the Marvel Universe figures come in, so I was able to get a gander at all of them. The paint apps seem to be much better than that of the Hasbro Marvel Legends line. In fact, they're so good, the only figure I had a complaint about was "The Punisher". He seemed to have an unusually large head that looked funny on his body. THe best looking figures were Spiderman, The Human Torch (unlit), and The Silver Surfer. They all had really good accents, and accurate to the comic coloring...

I'll probably buy the Secret Wars two-packs and any character that was an Avenger-- So I guess that's pretty much all of them.

Spider-man and wolverine became avengers when they get reformed After Scarlet witch goes crazy and kills a few of them and the avengers disband for a bit.

I ran into these at Wal-mart the other day. Saw panther, both normal and stealth Ironman, and several others. They look decent for their size.

I went to Target today looking these things out and of course they had nothing. I'm gonna have to make a run to Wal-Mart.

I haven't read Marvel comics in years, but apparently even Wolverine and Spidey have now been Avengers :rolleyes: , so I guess what you say is right.

I actually don't mind that because back in the day it seemed like most characters became an Avenger at one time or another. That's why it's a great book because you don't have a stagnant team.

I picked-up a couple today. Enjoy the poor quality pics. The Samurai is from Ages of Action, the others are from the Marvel Classic Figurine Collection.
patherwolviesamurai.jpg

wolviesamurai.jpg

marvelgroupshot.jpg

deadpool.jpg

Haven't collected a toy line in years, but the Green Goblin, Bullseye, Nick Fury, and all the Weapon X gang may just be too much to pass up. Looking great so far. :rock

found some at k-mart today (of all places). picked up black panther, spidey, dd, silver surfer, iron man, and iron man stealth. passed on human torch, punusher, and wolverine though i may have to go back and get wolverine (just not crazy about the outfit). overall, i like them. can't wait to get them home and open them up.

I might pick up a few (iron man & deadpool)...However, Its taking me a long time to sell off the original ML figs that I already have...

opened iron man, spider-man, and wolverine. well...out of the package i'm kind of underwhelmed. the paint and sculpts are nice but the joints on iron man and spider-man are crazy loose...loose enough that my six year old asked 'why are they so floppy'. also, the lack of the cut thigh joint kind of stinks.

/rant...these guys are the same price as the mezco 3 3/4'' hellboy and jason figures (the jason figure is the best 3 3/4'' action figure i have picked up in a super long time and it was $12) and mezco completely blows these out of the water. i know these are 'mass market' but for what you are getting...they need to be about $6.../rant off

minor nitpicks for the most part but my gripe mainly stems from 2 of the 3 being so loose. loose joints drive me crazy. anyway, will have to see how much fun my kids and i have with them but hesitant to open the rest.

For some reason the Wolverine movie figures look more solid and better quality than the Marvel universe figures, which do look a bit cheap. I do plan to pick up a few of the wolverine comic series figures.

just picked up Deadpool, Wolvie, Maverick, & Gambit. They're all ok, I haven't had any loose joint issues yet and the paint is pretty good on mine.

I got Spidey from the Universe line and it's a pretty fun figure. Angry I missed out on Surfer though. I also was gonna grab Punisher but decided against it as Im not a huge fan and the figure looks like junk. Only reason I was debating it was because Hasbro said he will be short packed and such. Now bring on more X-Men!

Back