Netflix and Marvel's Punisher - Phase 2?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom Hardy would be great as The Punisher. I would support this totally

tom-hardy-punisher.jpg

No thanks. They need someone that looks rough. Off the top of my head, I think the guy who plays Bronn on Game of Thrones would be a good one.

Hardy starring in TV series? Wishful thinking, fellas.
He just said that he'd like to play a tough revenger with military background, nothing more.

Well a couple of things, the first is that Netflix TV series are filmed like movies and just broken apart so the time constraints would be similar to that of a film. If someone said that Glenn Close was going to be in a Marvel film I'd have laughed back then too. Everyone in Hollywood is far game and until the DCCU catches up being in a Marvel film is printing money, with all the critical acclaim that Daredevil is getting, being in a Netflix Marvel project is about as artsy and nuanced as that genre is getting :lol

Nah, that's not the Punisher. That's Tom Hardy playing dress up.
Mitch Gerad's version is one of my favorites, right along with classic Zeck, and I think this dude would be a good one.
tumblr_n8p0ceDlWw1rl14rno1_1280.jpg

:lol He looks like a meth addict, not the Punisher.

220px-Jerome_Flynn_2013_(cropped).jpg

Jerome-Flynn-7.jpg

He looks like someone The Punisher would kill in the first 4 minutes of the movie.

Ha ouch..yeah those are some bad pictures. Seriously though, he may not be ideal, the point is I think The Punisher should be a guy who actually looks like he's been waging a war, 24/7, for years. He's going to have been beaten, broken, shot, stabbed, etc. I am sure there are better choices, but Tom Hardy ain't it. I don't get where all the Tom Hardy should play everyone love comes from.

Thankfully, I doubt we will see Hardy play him, so it's all good. Rather they get an unknown.

Ha ouch..yeah those are some bad pictures. Seriously though, he may not be ideal, the point is I think The Punisher should be a guy who actually looks like he's been waging a war, 24/7, for years. He's going to have been beaten, broken, shot, stabbed, etc. I am sure there are better choices, but Tom Hardy ain't it. I don't get where all the Tom Hardy should play everyone love comes from.

Thankfully, I doubt we will see Hardy play him, so it's all good. Rather they get an unknown.

I don't necessarily agree with Jack D's casting choice, but I get the idea behind it and I do agree with that: we need more ugly mother****ers in these movies.:lol I get that the core superheroes need to look a certain way, but a Vietnam/Desert Storm/whathaveyou Vet who lost his family doesn't necessarily need to look like, well, Tom Hardy.

I'd like to see a dude who looks like he's been in it for the last few decades. In fact, **** it, use the MAX version where he ages in real time. In all honesty, I think Punisher is one who would greatly benefit from being a period piece. Set it in the '80s, with crime rates in New York being ridiculous. You don't have to worry about The Avengers or anything, even though Daredevil showed us that they wouldn't have to worry about it, anyway, but it would be kind of a cool contrast, if you had the age of the vigilante before the age of heroes. We've seen the '40s, some of the '60s, and, now, the present day, so, it'd be cool to fill in another piece of the timeline and have The Punisher represent New York at its most hopeless.

Plus, with the real time aspect, it'd be kind of awesome, if you could have a 60+ year old Frank Castle in the present day, making guest appearances here and there on the street level shows.

I dunno, I think Bronn could work :lol I think the real key to the casting is not to just cast some pretty boy. He's a killing machine, not an underwear model. Even had I not watched Game of Thrones, I think Bronn's face has a lot of character in it, someone who's been through a lot like Frank has. I'm not saying he has the be the one, but someone that looks like they've had some rough living like him would be ideal.

Let Hardy stay as Bane. He already dropped out of the Suicide Squad. What's to say he wouldn't do a season of Punisher and then not want to come back? Its better to have unknowns, up and comings, TV veterans or movie has-beens for TV shows as they don't have any better offers tempting them so they can commit to the project fully.

Back