Netflix and Marvel's Punisher - Phase 2?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been a huge Punisher fan, but I definitely approve. I think this would be very successful on netflix, or at least the best potential. I enjoyed Tom Jane movie, and Marvel has been doing so well lately in both big and small screen, I'm for it 100%.

If it's true I can't wait.
I just hope they stay away from a story line that was rumored a while ago.
That Frank Castle is a cop by day and The Punisher by night.
It's too close to sounding like Dexter to me.
Just follow any story line from the comics and it should do well.
They also need Micro Chip too!

One of the few street level characters in Marvel that I've never much cared for. But in the context of the larger universe and the direction of the multiple Netflix series, I am glad to have them bring as many of their characters to movies and TV as they can before people become too jaded and hateful and stop paying to watch. :lol

I actually want an older Frank. As much as id like a younger lad doing some MMA ****, but I'd rather have that meaty large kicks-your-ass-backwards Castle.

Plus he should be experienced, not some up and new guy. He's an antihero, no need for him to be showing up because the Avengers and Daredevil did. He should be the guy that people are scared of but they have no choice but to send upon hell fire against him.

I would love to see this done right. They could take the Zeck and Grant original mini series for the overall tone and I would love it.

post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-g-jtcK.gif

Perfect reply. :lol :rock

I think once the Marvel/Netflix deal was announced it was only a matter of time before Punisher found his way there. It's really the perfect fit for him, and for crossovers with other Marvel Knight characters!

As for a potential Frank Castle, I'm sure they'll go the lesser known route! That said, some people I think would work could be:

Dylan Mcdermott:
a076b8365b3f626a978eec4055fa31ef.jpg

David Morrissey
dm.jpg

Timothy Olyphant:
53166.jpg

And a personal favourite of mine, Josh Holloway:
261118426_5c3642260d.jpg

Yeah, definitely. That's one thing I liked a lot about the '04 Punisher is that they seemed to translate that look really well. I'll be curious to see how they work it. I'm certainly not expecting white go go boots.:lol

Back