Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually a fan of them, I think those rumors were false.

Yes, the score was pretty good, I liked all performances, in fact, regardless of some iffy acting by Die Antwoord, they mostly did a very good job, I did feel sympathy even for Ninja at the end, all the characters are and do exactly what they're supposed to do, and they ALL play a part in Chappie's development, which was represented fantastically.

Chappie himself was soo great, he was developed in such a natural way that you can perfectly see his stages as baby, kid and rebellious teenager.

The story is also good, unfortunately, like half or more of the script is dumb, there are no few plotholes and dramatic conveniencies, it's visually trashy (I mean that literally and figuratively) yet unimaginative.

It has some very high points and it reaches some very low ones too.

:lol I didn't hate Chappie, in fact, I think I liked it a lot, it's got a lot of heart, but I'm very aware of it's flaws and the fact that it's very derivative.

Cool, I liked it a lot too.

Michael Biehn Confirms His Appearance In Neill Blomkamp

This is the cool^

Although the article still talks about it not ignoring the events of Alien 3 - I don't see how it can keep them, the actors ages prohibit anything in between Aliens and the existing Alien 3. CGI de-ageing for the entire duration of a movie would be potentially very dodgy. More cloning would be silly. I'd honestly prefer if they just pretended as if 3 and 4 never happened, make no reference to them at all. Diverging canons from which we can pick and choose depending on our mood or preference.

edit - :lol Michael Biehn confirms his appearance in Neil Blomkamp!

It's easy to integrate this with Alien 3. You just make the events in the new film happen between Aliens and Alien3! Pretend Biehn and Weaver are 30 years younger, and recast Newt. At the end of the movie, they all get back into the cryo-chambers just like before, and voila.

I think they should close the new film with Anthony Hopkins narrating: "Ripley and Hicks made many other wishes and had many other amazing adventures before finally returning to the ordinary world . . . But that is another story...."

This will be fast tracked for next summer- Fox doesn't have much going on to compete with Marvel and SW

Wonder what Jim Cameron thinks of all this.

From what I understand he's still buddies with Sigourney and Biehn so he's probably telling them to take the cash and go for it like he did with Arnold. On the one hand I would guess that he's flattered that someone wants to continue his story "correctly" but I'm sure he'll go off about how "it's not what he would have done, bla bla bla," just to make waves and get his name mentioned on the internet again.

Michael Biehn Confirms His Appearance In Neill Blomkamp

This is the cool^

Although the article still talks about it not ignoring the events of Alien 3 - I don't see how it can keep them, the actors ages prohibit anything in between Aliens and the existing Alien 3. CGI de-ageing for the entire duration of a movie would be potentially very dodgy. More cloning would be silly. I'd honestly prefer if they just pretended as if 3 and 4 never happened, make no reference to them at all. Diverging canons from which we can pick and choose depending on our mood or preference.

edit - :lol Michael Biehn confirms his appearance in Neil Blomkamp!

Another site said that was a confirmed fake Instagram account.

If it makes anyone feel better I'm sure he'll officially confirm soon.
Why wouldn't he?

What would be cool is a CGI Bishop who hasn't aged of course.

From what I understand he's still buddies with Sigourney and Biehn so he's probably telling them to take the cash and go for it like he did with Arnold. On the one hand I would guess that he's flattered that someone wants to continue his story "correctly" but I'm sure he'll go off about how "it's not what he would have done, bla bla bla," just to make waves and get his name mentioned on the internet again.

God old Jim, such an attention whore.

Back