Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The puppet was incredibly detailed and far better-looking than fatass Woodruff in the suit. It just wasn't implemented well on screen.

yeah i guess thats what i mean, the puppet looks too tiny and when it moves it looks really weird.

The puppet was incredibly detailed and far better-looking than fatass Woodruff in the suit. It just wasn't implemented well on screen.

Yes, this. It was beautiful. The guy (woodruff) in a suit was very poor and broke continuity every time it was used.

My favorite was the animatronic head.

tumblr_lww0w1awx71qjutm4o1_500.gif

Wasn't a big fan of the skinny puppet and I'll admit Woodruff was too thick in some shots, but generally I prefer the suit look. If Bolaji Badejo had played the dragon, we'd have had absolute perfection IMO.

Just saw Chappie, it was bloated, aimless, visuals were stale, direction and cinematography were uninspired, script was kinda dumb.

Story was good though, characters were pretty good too, Chappie and his development were excellent, Copley is boss.

Overall, I don't want this guy directing the new Alien movie unless they get someone else to write and hopefully he'll be inspired by the time he starts shooting, I don't want another generic mocumentary with wasteland sci-fi visuals.

Would the derelict ship have been out of the range of the explosion at the end of Aliens?

Bishop did mention a "vapor cloud the size of Nebraska" but even he might have been exaggerating to make a point. Or you could just assume that Newt's family really did drive that far away. It is an entire planet after all and the ship went undetected for decades.

Bishop did mention a "vapor cloud the size of Nebraska" but even he might have been exaggerating to make a point. Or you could just assume that Newt's family really did drive that far away. It is an entire planet after all and the ship went undetected for decades.

Actually, considering it is an entire planet, was it just coincidence that the colony was set up within driving distance of the Derelict ship? Or was the site deliberately suggested by the company...

Both the derelict and Hadley's Hope are still intact thinks to the brilliant Aliens: Colonial Marines.

was it just coincidence that the colony was set up within driving distance of the Derelict ship? Or was the site deliberately suggested by the company...
I always thought the latter. Ripley even accuses Burke of that in Aliens, right?

Wasn't LV-426 described as a "planetoid"? It really wasn't that big...
Originally.. but then they changed that because it really made no sense (even visually in Alien).

Yup, especially after Chappie.

Which I'm hearing it isn't nearly as bad as critics say it is.

It's not, people just hate Die Antwoord in the film. I can't really say I blame them because Ninja is a complete jackass. There are even rumors about him being a nightmare on the set. Yolandi isn't that bad, but her association with such a slime ball character makes people not like her.

There are a quite a few things that are great about CHAPPiE. An incredible score by Hans Zimmer, performances by Jackman, Copley and Patel are all great, and most of all the dynamic of CHAPPiE himself is what I loved the most. Underneath all that metal CHAPPiE is a person with real emotions and feelings. His struggle with understanding life, right from wrong and human behavior are easily the best parts in the film. I'm not saying it's a "great" film, but it does make you think about life and how humanity can find a way to prostitute just about anything.

Just saw Chappie, it was bloated, aimless, visuals were stale, direction and cinematography were uninspired, script was kinda dumb.

Story was good though, characters were pretty good too, Chappie and his development were excellent, Copley is boss.

Overall, I don't want this guy directing the new Alien movie unless they get someone else to write and hopefully he'll be inspired by the time he starts shooting, I don't want another generic mocumentary with wasteland sci-fi visuals.

And nevermind. :rotfl

I always thought the latter. Ripley even accuses Burke of that in Aliens, right?

She accused Burke of giving the colonists the coordinates to the derelict without warning them about what was there, not that he deliberately chose the site of Hadley's Hope based on it's proximity to the ship. He probably had nothing to do with picking the colonists' location considering he would have been a teenager when they first broke ground. :)

Would the derelict ship have been out of the range of the explosion at the end of Aliens?

I think I remember reading in the Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual that the derelict ship was protected by a mountain range, which enables Weyland-Yutani to go back to the planet and get eggs.

She accused Burke of giving the colonists the coordinates to the derelict without warning them about what was there, not that he deliberately chose the site of Hadley's Hope based on it's proximity to the ship. He probably had nothing to do with picking the colonists' location considering he would have been a teenager when they first broke ground. :)

You're right, he wasn't a decision maker behind the location of the colony, although in a universe with cryo-sleep, one can't be certain that anyone is actually the age they look. Granted one gets the impression that Ripley's 57 years in cryo-sleep was unheard of - so she may be an exception of someone looking dramatically younger than their actual age.

I think I remember reading in the Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual that the derelict ship was protected by a mountain range, which enables Weyland-Yutani to go back to the planet and get eggs.

That sounds plausible enough in the case of the Derelict ship. Although I don't know how the Colonial Marines game could suggest that the colony itself survived the explosion.

It's not, people just hate Die Antwoord in the film. I can't really say I blame them because Ninja is a complete jackass. There are even rumors about him being a nightmare on the set. Yolandi isn't that bad, but her association with such a slime ball character makes people not like her.
I'm actually a fan of them, I think those rumors were false.

There are a quite a few things that are great about CHAPPiE. An incredible score by Hans Zimmer, performances by Jackman, Copley and Patel are all great, and most of all the dynamic of CHAPPiE himself is what I loved the most. Underneath all that metal CHAPPiE is a person with real emotions and feelings. His struggle with understanding life, right from wrong and human behavior are easily the best parts in the film. I'm not saying it's a "great" film, but it does make you think about life and how humanity can find a way to prostitute just about anything.
Yes, the score was pretty good, I liked all performances, in fact, regardless of some iffy acting by Die Antwoord, both did mostly a very good job, I did feel sympathy even for Ninja at the end, all the characters are and do exactly what they're supposed to do, and they ALL play a part in Chappie's development, which was represented fantastically.

I also liked Amerika, he was cool, such a gruesome way to go.

Chappie himself was soo great, he was developed in such a natural way that you can perfectly see his stages as baby, kid and rebellious teenager.

The story is also good, unfortunately, like half or more of the script is dumb, there are no few plotholes and dramatic conveniencies, it's visually trashy (I mean that literally and figuratively) yet unimaginative.

It has some very high points and it reaches some very low ones too.

And nevermind. :rotfl
:lol I didn't hate Chappie, in fact, I think I liked it a lot, it's got a lot of heart, but I'm very aware of it's flaws and the fact that it's very derivative.

That sounds plausible enough in the case of the Derelict ship. Although I don't know how the Colonial Marines game could suggest that the colony itself survived the explosion.

Yeah, there's no way the colony itself survived. Here's the page from the manual.

0160.jpg

Back