Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so they use Hicks' injuries from the acid splash to explain his age difference but what are they going to do with Ripley? I don't think this has been thought through.

I very much doubt this is going to take place immediately after the events of Aliens. It'll be at least 30 years later, more if you assume any periods spent in cryo-sleep.

They have to account for the visibly older actors. It can't be ignored.

2r9yPqN.jpg

I question whether any actual acid even got on his face at all to be honest. Why would it **** Drake up so severely earlier in the film and yet Hicks would be so unaffected by it on his face that he seems to have more time to worry about the acid burning through his armour?

That's a very good point. In fact for a long time I thought it was weird that he even had the big bandage on his face at the end. He clearly was more concerned about his armor burning than reacting to acid covering his face, acid that clearly wasn't doing any noticeable real time damage as it did with Drake and Hudson's arm? The only thing that made sense to me was indeed residual burns from the gaseous toxins rising from his armor.

Either way, the acid basically disintegrates whatever it touches. It sure as heck doesn't just singe your outer skin leaving a Freddy Krueger scar.

That's a very good point. In fact for a long time I thought it was weird that he even had the big bandage on his face at the end. He clearly was more concerned about his armor burning than reacting to acid covering his face, acid that clearly wasn't doing any noticeable real time damage as it did with Drake and Hudson's arm? The only thing that made sense to me was indeed residual burns from the gaseous toxins rising from his armor.

Either way, the acid basically disintegrates whatever it touches. It sure as heck doesn't just singe your outer skin leaving a Freddy Krueger scar.

-as far as I'm concerned.

Now someone needs to tell Blomkamp before he goes way over the top with with this make-up on Biehn. It's unnecessary. 30 years after Aliens and with whatever medical/surgical/cosmetic advances Hicks probably wouldn't even have surface skin damage anymore.

On a different Alien-related note, remember the part in Alien 3 where Ripley goes looking for the Alien by herself armed with a long metal pole? She sees 'the alien', stabs it in the 'head' only for the head to turn out to be merely a big pipe full of lice and maggots.

Funny though that this is what the camera shows her as seeing:

That is the ****ing Alien :lol

And it becomes this:

Were they implying an hallucination there? Makes sense with Ripley's dialogue. I just never paused this moment in the film before. I assumed they shot the pipe in such a way that it bore a resemblance to the alien's head but no, they actually filmed an alien suit sitting there.

Last edited:
Hicks's scars, or lack thereof, aren't a major concern for me. Gimme a good, compelling story, a cool, moody environment, some good action, some halfway decent acting, and they can make him look like Bub from Day of the Dead as far as I'm concerned.

Were they implying an hallucination there? Makes sense with Ripley's dialogue. I just never paused this moment in the film before. I assumed they shot the pipe in such a way that it bore a resemblance to the alien's head but no, they actually filmed an alien suit sitting there.

Yes they were, you would all know that if you didn't hate Alien 3 so much. :tap

It's pretty cool actually, because it tricks you too.

Back