Needing a Spidey Opinon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! This is my current Spidey shelf. I don't think we'll ever get anything better than the Raimi suit. Classic look with amazing detail (raised webs, honeycomb pattern).

011-1.jpg

Nice threesome:)

I would love personally the retro cartoon spidey but this is the closet thing we'll get I reckon.

I'd say HT is done with Raimi Spidey. Goblin is still shelfwarming hard online and Spidey black isn't doing all that much better. I can't see HT taking a gamble with a red/blue Spidey with Toby head unless they had some other great accessory to add to it.

I guess it's possible HT might go towards Spider-Man 2, but still that's a long shot.

They made the 2 figures noone cares about.

I would love a Doc Ock, or Green Goblin.

Never ever ever wanted anything from the third film. Except R/B spidey which I just pretend is from part 2.

They made the 2 figures noone cares about.

I would love a Doc Ock, or Green Goblin.

Never ever ever wanted anything from the third film. Except R/B spidey which I just pretend is from part 2.

Woah woah woah...no one cares about Black Spidey? HEY YOU DON'T SAY THAT! :monkey2

Maybe I'm a little biased...

64a55630.jpg

wait... you didnt like the Amazing Spiderman??? IMO it was clearly better than the cheezy trying too hard to be peter parker Rami put out, But anyways I would def go with The Amazing Spiderman figure.

I liked all the Spider-man movies. I just like the Tobey suit better...not to say I don't like the new suit, because I do...but the Tobey one had the classic look but very nice updates...it was perfect.

I loved the Spiderman 3 red and blue version. If you could find one for retail (134.99!) then this would be a no-brainer. However I think at this point you would probably be paying about even price, around 200, for whichever version you get, and if you prefer the ASM version, you should probably just get that one. I thought the HT Spiderman 3 red and blue was one of the best figures they have ever produced. I think everyone who bought it broke a wrist peg, but even with that, it was 'amazing'.

Yup. The wrist peg went ping!
I like the black suit best tho, as the thing is just seriously cool. I had to build a Peter for that extra head.
I will be getting the ASM version when released, but I do not think the suit measures up to the SM3 version.

The Raimi red and blue suit all the way. It is the only suit that matters and to most people, it is THE suit.

Doesn't matter if it is from Spiderman 3.

In a few years, people will be wondering WTF is with the ASM suit.

The Raimi red and blue suit all the way. It is the only suit that matters and to most people, it is THE suit.

Doesn't matter if it is from Spiderman 3.

In a few years, people will be wondering WTF is with the ASM suit.

A few years? I've been wondering that since it was first shown off :lol

The Red Rami Spidey is classic Spidey pure and simple. Easily doubles as comic or movie version IMO. Black Spidey is clearly SM3 and ASM is clearly ASM. Yeah they are both recognizable as Spider-man, but the red Rami suit is simpley THE SUIT to go with.

I have the r&b Spidey and he is awesome! But mine was defunct (broken ankle and leg mold,the left sleeve of the costume is shorter so you see the black cloth). I'll get the new version too because I want a poseable Spidey. It all come down to whatever version of the suit you prefer.

I had exactly this dilemma recently.
Love Spidey but couldn't decide which one to get based on Style, cost & availability.

In the end I we t with black Spidey as I already had Medicom Venom & Peter Parker, think they look good together....

084184c9.jpg

But I've also pre-ordered ASM Spidey 'cos I actually like the design!

I'm not ruling out a Riemi Red & Blue down the line, heaven help me!

wait... you didnt like the Amazing Spiderman??? IMO it was clearly better than the cheezy trying too hard to be peter parker Rami put out, But anyways I would def go with The Amazing Spiderman figure.

Design of the movie suit was not as good as the Raimi films.

And the fact it's basically also good as a normal comic spidey, I'd say Raimi all the way.

For example, I loved the watchmen film, but would never ever ever get a dr. Manhattan, cause he looks lame, Rorschach on the other hand (hint HT. Hint.) Same goes for the new suit design IMO, just overdesigned.

Design of the movie suit was not as good as the Raimi films.

And the fact it's basically also good as a normal comic spidey, I'd say Raimi all the way.

For example, I loved the watchmen film, but would never ever ever get a dr. Manhattan, cause he looks lame, Rorschach on the other hand (hint HT. Hint.) Same goes for the new suit design IMO, just overdesigned.

1.Coulson :lol :cuckoo: :lecture

2. There's a reason it's called adaption. It retains the classic elements of the raimi and comic suits and embelishes the suit for the purpose of the modernised adaption. It's no different than the Thor, Captain America and Batman suits, they retain some of the classic comic elements to the costume while changing/adding/updating/removing some others.

I don't get why people rag on the ASM suit but not on those when there is equal differences from the comic costumes.

I mean look at Hawkeye. That looks NOTHING like the Comic Costume :slap

movies_avengers_comic_to_screen_7.jpg

But people aren't constant complaining about the adapted suit
______

Back OT: i've got the Raimi Red & Blue and can't wait for this ASM one as it too is an awesome looking figure of Spider-Man.

Get both, but if you canm't get which one you prefer

Last edited:
Back