need your opinions for a new camera

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here. I took random pics with the Xsi around the house and outside but not much because it's toooo cold out! I love Canon cameras. They're user friendly and they last longer, quality wise.

IMG_8649.jpg

IMG_8654.jpg

IMG_8659.jpg

IMG_8664.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8667.jpg

IMG_8671.jpg

IMG_8679.jpg

Edward wins. Fatality!:D
IMG_8689.jpg

If you can take a picture with a standard SLR, what's so hard about a digital one?

Not that it's harder Ween, it's just alot more options to be aware of...The only film SLR I've ever used was my father's Canon T50...So I wouldn't say using a DSLR makes it easier to take a pic, but the options and settings are alot more easily accessible.

Here's a few pics I've taken with my XSi, it really is a great entry level DSLR camera..

RoseDroplet1.jpg

walk11.jpg

Fluffy2.jpg

ChessPL2.jpg

i see...great photos jinxx and jc..love the picture with the rose!!are the lenses included in the price or i have to pay more?

Not that it's harder Ween, it's just alot more options to be aware of...The only film SLR I've ever used was my father's Canon T50...So I wouldn't say using a DSLR makes it easier to take a pic, but the options and settings are alot more easily accessible.

Very old school. I can't remember the last time I played around with my rebel T2. 35 mm films are too expensive nowadays.:(

i see...great photos jinxx and jc..love the picture with the rose!!are the lenses included in the price or i have to pay more?

They usually come with the standard 18-55 mm lens. You can also get the telephoto kit thingy. Of course, you have to pay more but whatevs!

My brother is a photographer and still uses film. He has all kinds of antique cameras. He has his own darkroom as well.

Im new to the dslr as well, so I purchased the Nikon D5000 a while back....I really like this camera and its menu is user friendly as well. It takes great pictures, on cameralabs.com its rated 19/20 for picture quality. That site helped me decide what to get, check it out......

Im new to the dslr as well, so I purchased the Nikon D5000 a while back....I really like this camera and its menu is user friendly as well. It takes great pictures, on cameralabs.com its rated 19/20 for picture quality. That site helped me decide what to get, check it out......

thanks!!i am going to read some articles of the cameralabs!

I love the Canon Rebel Xsi. Pretty easy to use even on Manual. Granted I don't know everything about the settings but I always use Manual and I think my photos come out okay. Here's a few photos I took of my statues with it, with the kit lens. You can see more in my Statue Photography thread, all of them were taken with the Xsi. Good luck with your decision! :duff

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70234

WonderWoman14.jpg

Mystique5-1.jpg

BlackQueen21.jpg

Last edited:
thanks havok!your pictures are great!!in about a month i will choose the winner!:Dit's canon,but i dont know which one!

Does anyone have experience with the Toshiba Camileo P10 or S10?

I am trying to decide which of them to get for my YouTube reviews.

Thanks

Back