Need some advice for a Bret Hitman Hart Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbay

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a big fan of WWF legend Bret Hart (97 Hart Foundation version) so I went ahead and commissioned a headsculpt of him for myself. I was going to have him wear street clothes that resembled his 1997-1999 look (terminator jacket, t-shirt, jeans and boots), but the sculpt looks even better than I expected in the progress pics I've seen so I actually want to do another version of him in his wrestling gear.:banana

I was hoping for the look below, any advice on folks who might be able to pull it off or how I might be able to do it myself (is there a tutorial on doing decals on fabric, what body should I use, etc):

bret_hart_3.jpg

I don't have any advice unfortunately, but I will be following this thread with great interest...

Good luck! I can't wait to see pics once you get your project underway!

I think thats awesome that you want to do a Bret Hart! I'm a big Bret fan being a native Calgarian he is a hero to me.

I'd love to see those pics of your head.

For the body you have to get one of the HT muscle bodies. I dont know which one, I think Dutch is too big but Rambo is too ripped for Brett. Maybe look into private Billy Sole.

For the tights why don't you reach out to Ralph's figure clothing on ebay. He makes everything. Not sure if he does private commissions but i bet he could do the siglet and tights. then I'd do Iron On decals for the logo..

the boots... I dunnno.

I suspect this will be a nearly impossible task to make a 1/6 wrestler but i wish you luck!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm thinking of customizing a maximum aggression figure. Anyone know how to make logos for a paintjob like that?

Here's a work in progress pic of the sculpt, hopefully I'll get pics of the final cast of the sculpt tomorrow.
BH9.jpg

Funny seeing this thread. I'm meeting Bret Hart tomorrow night at a wrestling event in Waterbury, CT.

Owen was my favorite wrestler as a teenager, and Bret was always another one of my favorites, even as a member of the Hart Foundation. I wish a serious 1/6 scale toy company would go after legends of Wrestling. I would be all over a Hitman, Macho Man, Ric Flair, etc.

Owen was my favorite wrestler as a teenager, and Bret was always another one of my favorites, even as a member of the Hart Foundation. I wish a serious 1/6 scale toy company would go after legends of Wrestling. I would be all over a Hitman, Macho Man, Ric Flair, etc.

I have a really good 1/6 TNA Sting, I'd love a 1/6 WWF legends line too, I hope someone picks it up...

Here's the finished sculpt, looks pretty good. Can't imagine how good it would look if I could get small studios to paint it up for me :)

brethart2.jpg

wow, finally a wrestling project that's getting somewhere. and why not start with the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be. i would so love to have a bret hart in my collection. have you tried pm'ing seb (elvis1976)? he does amazing work with any material. the guy weaves magic. he might have some ideas. he'd defo be able to do the belt i think. boots too. let me know what he says and i can go halves on the commission price of the gear.

as for body, there are also some dragon muscle bodies out there that to my knowledge aren't as ripped and a little darker in skin tone. i'll take a look on ebay. sovereignstudios might be able to work something out for you, but his backlog is massive and i don't think he'll take anything new on (hell, i'm still waiting for my skins from way back at the start of the year).

if you don't mind some joints, there are other body options that have a decent shape.

also, seb's paintwork of late is stunning. he might be able to paint for you too if josh is unavailable.

Thanks for the advice, I just sent elvis1976 a pm, you're right his work is awesome, I'm praying that he is a fan of the hitman. Hopefully we can make this happen! I'll keep you updated.

wow, finally a wrestling project that's getting somewhere. and why not start with the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be. i would so love to have a bret hart in my collection. have you tried pm'ing seb (elvis1976)? he does amazing work with any material. the guy weaves magic. he might have some ideas. he'd defo be able to do the belt i think. boots too. let me know what he says and i can go halves on the commission price of the gear.

as for body, there are also some dragon muscle bodies out there that to my knowledge aren't as ripped and a little darker in skin tone. i'll take a look on ebay. sovereignstudios might be able to work something out for you, but his backlog is massive and i don't think he'll take anything new on (hell, i'm still waiting for my skins from way back at the start of the year).

if you don't mind some joints, there are other body options that have a decent shape.

also, seb's paintwork of late is stunning. he might be able to paint for you too if josh is unavailable.

I think the Hot Toys Chris Redfield body would be great to use for a custom Bret. The arm joints are hidden and the neck is seamless, which helps, since Bret's singlet has a low cut. The lower body doesn't have rubber covering the joints, so that will help with any kind of poses you want to accomplish. The body averages about $80 on eBay, but the guys over at Toy Anxiety will be parting him out sometime this week for waaay cheaper. Good luck with this project! Bret's one of my all-time favorites as well. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result! :)

Thanks for the advice, I just sent elvis1976 a pm, you're right his work is awesome, I'm praying that he is a fan of the hitman. Hopefully we can make this happen! I'll keep you updated.

thanks man. i hope he replies and we can get this thing going.

and thanks ro - the chris redfield might be the best option. ok it's a little too pumped, but looks to be the best option. i wonder how easy/dangerous it would be to paint over the muscle bodies, since the hitman did have quite a tan!

I just got a reply from elvis1976, he said he was interested. I sent him some pics of bret's outfit from wrestlemania 12 (iron man match with hbk). Thought that outfit matched the sculpt best.

I'll keep you all posted.

Update on my Bret Hart project. I couldn't get anyone to take on the cloth project, so I got someone to paint up a 12" figure. I have another head up for painting and I'll have him in his street clothes:

bretfig2.jpg

Back