Need for speed -most wanted oct 30

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ughh, not a fan of the burnout games at all. But NFS did need a shake up.

They sure needed to shake things. Im a huge nfs fan but never ever really beat Most Wanted especially that BMW m3 GTR. I played it with the steering wheels and it was by far one hell of a ride. I truly cannot wait for this!

Hopefully it's NOTHING like NFS:The Run. I was so pumped up for that game and it turned out to be absolute garbage.

Last edited:
is there a car list yet?

Alfa Romeo 4C Concept
Ariel Atom 500
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Audi A1 Clubsport quattro
Audi R8 GT Spyder
BAC Mono
Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible ISR
BMW M3 E92 Coupé
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport
Caterham Superlight R500
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Dodge Challenger SRT-8 392
Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
Ford Focus RS500
Ford Focus ST
Ford GT
Ford Mustang Boss 302 (2012)
Hummer H1 Alpha
Jaguar XKR
Koenigsegg Agera R
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
Lamborghini Countach 5000 quattrovalvole
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Spyder Performante
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione 2
Lexus LFA
Marussia B2
Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Nissan GT-R (R35) Egoist
Pagani Huayra
Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0
Porsche 911 (991) Carrera S
Porsche 918 Spyder Concept Study
Porsche Panamera Turbo
Range Rover Evoque
Shelby Cobra 427
SRT Viper GTS
Subaru Impreza Cosworth STI CS400
Tesla Roadster Sport

So far, but there say there will be a final list once it is released.

Picked this up for the Vita today as a part of the Target buy 2 get 1 free deal, haven't had a chance to play it though. May get it for the PS3 this week yet before the sale is over.

So after playing this game extensively for 2 days, some of it's flaws are becoming more apparent.

This is basically a bare bones shut up and drive racer with licensed cars. Criterion did an excellent job with NFS: Hot Pursuit two years ago, but this year it's as if they tried to make a Burnout Paradise sequel and try to mix it with NFS: Most Wanted. The problem here is that there's not enough Burnout elements to call it a sequel, yet there's too much Burnout DNA to call it a NFS: Most Wanted game.

For those that played and enjoyed NFS: Most Wanted in 2005 and hoped that this game would be all that and more are going to be disappointed. For one, there is absolutely no car customization in this game. There are some minor upgrades, but nothing that will make your car stand out from mine. You can't even choose your car's color, although you can change it randomly in the insta-repair shops. Also, there is no option to customize or change the control settings. You can't even choose to manually shift your gears, which is an epic disappointment.

Another glaring flaw are the cops. They feel tacked on without having a real purpose. There is absolutely NO fear of getting caught. Nothing happens when you do. No loss of Speed Points, no loss of game progression, no loss of cars. It just simply puts you back to where you found the current car you are driving. This completely takes away from the thrill and fear of being chased down and trying to get away.

Overall the game is good, but I think the title of Most Wanted is misleading, as being most wanted doesn't mean a whole lot and there's no fear of being a criminal in this game.

Multiplayer is pretty good, but unfortunately the cops are absent from that. Not sure why. It will be intetesting to see what kind of DLC is offered in the coming months as Burnout Paradise had a lot for a long time.

So after playing this game extensively for 2 days, some of it's flaws are becoming more apparent.

This is basically a bare bones shut up and drive racer with licensed cars. Criterion did an excellent job with NFS: Hot Pursuit two years ago, but this year it's as if they tried to make a Burnout Paradise sequel and try to mix it with NFS: Most Wanted. The problem here is that there's not enough Burnout elements to call it a sequel, yet there's too much Burnout DNA to call it a NFS: Most Wanted game.

For those that played and enjoyed NFS: Most Wanted in 2005 and hoped that this game would be all that and more are going to be disappointed. For one, there is absolutely no car customization in this game. There are some minor upgrades, but nothing that will make your car stand out from mine. You can't even choose your car's color, although you can change it randomly in the insta-repair shops. Also, there is no option to customize or change the control settings. You can't even choose to manually shift your gears, which is an epic disappointment.

Another glaring flaw are the cops. They feel tacked on without having a real purpose. There is absolutely NO fear of getting caught. Nothing happens when you do. No loss of Speed Points, no loss of game progression, no loss of cars. It just simply puts you back to where you found the current car you are driving. This completely takes away from the thrill and fear of being chased down and trying to get away.

Overall the game is good, but I think the title of Most Wanted is misleading, as being most wanted doesn't mean a whole lot and there's no fear of being a criminal in this game.

Multiplayer is pretty good, but unfortunately the cops are absent from that. Not sure why. It will be intetesting to see what kind of DLC is offered in the coming months as Burnout Paradise had a lot for a long time.

Thanks for the feedback.
I really enjoy the Hot Pursuit style of gameplay.
In that game there was a fear of getting stopped by the cops... it would end your race. :)

I'm looking forward to the next installment of Hot Pursuit.

Also, there is no option to customize or change the control settings.

Actually you can change the layout of your controls.

I just did it and set it back to Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) settings.

More fun now :)

Just check the configuration screen and you will find Control Selection and go from there.

^
Well I definitely missed that, however there still is no option for manual gears. I can't fathom why any NFS game would omit that.

I've really been enjoying the game and according to my stats, I've driven 1200+ miles and have been playing more than 30 hours. I guess my take on the game is that it's a great racer, but they shouldn't have called it Most Wanted considering it doesn't share a lot of 2005's qualities.

Tons of stat tracking, though.

^
Well I definitely missed that, however there still is no option for manual gears. I can't fathom why any NFS game would omit that.
True!

Most NFS series had the option to shift in Manual.

NFS Pro Street even had an option for a Clutch button.

So clearly the PS3 and XBOX 360 controllers have enough bottons for it.

Or they might be just trying to replicate the sequential gearbox's, these newer cars have.

I've really been enjoying the game and according to my stats, I've driven 1200+ miles and have been playing more than 30 hours. I guess my take on the game is that it's a great racer, but they shouldn't have called it Most Wanted considering it doesn't share a lot of 2005's qualities.

Tons of stat tracking, though.

Yeah, it's a fun game, if it weren't for the Most Wanted List, it kinda reminds me of NFS Undercover.

At the moment I am halfway up the Most Wanted List.

Found quite a few cars too.

LOL! I seen that before and it funny as!

It's well done too!

Alfa Romeo 4C Concept
Ariel Atom 500
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Audi A1 Clubsport quattro
Audi R8 GT Spyder
BAC Mono
Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible ISR
BMW M3 E92 Coupé
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport
Caterham Superlight R500
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Dodge Challenger SRT-8 392
Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
Ford Focus RS500
Ford Focus ST
Ford GT
Ford Mustang Boss 302 (2012)
Hummer H1 Alpha
Jaguar XKR
Koenigsegg Agera R
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
Lamborghini Countach 5000 quattrovalvole
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Spyder Performante
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione 2
Lexus LFA
Marussia B2
Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Nissan GT-R (R35) Egoist
Pagani Huayra
Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0
Porsche 911 (991) Carrera S
Porsche 918 Spyder Concept Study
Porsche Panamera Turbo
Range Rover Evoque
Shelby Cobra 427
SRT Viper GTS
Subaru Impreza Cosworth STI CS400
Tesla Roadster Sport

So far, but there say there will be a final list once it is released.

My car isn't in it this time

Back