NECA-The Lone Ranger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good gracious; well, to each his own. Honestly, though, I'm glad that they're marketing this so Depp heavy. I feel like his name alone will put asses in seats, and, if that gets me a sequel, I'm game.:lol

Good gracious; well, to each his own. Honestly, though, I'm glad that they're marketing this so Depp heavy. I feel like his name alone will put asses in seats, and, if that gets me a sequel, I'm game.:lol

:lol yea Depp is my favorite actor and tbh if he wasn't in the movie I'd be bootlegging it instead of going to the theatre for it :lol I hope it's amazing for you though since you're a fan of the Lone Ranger :)

Thanks, man. To be fair, though, it's my second most anticipated movie of the summer (well, I don't know, I guess they're tied). That number one spot usually goes to Man of Steel (depending on my mood).

Yea man nothing tops man of steel for most anticipated for me. I have the feeling that Batman fans probably had when Begins was being teased.

Yep, I've got that feeling again, too. I can't wait to see what Hot Toys does for Man of Steel. When do you think we'll start seeing stuff?

From HT, I would say no sooner than May if that unless they go the Avengers and TDKR route and do the tease one week, reveal the next along with another tease and so on. Only 4 characters need to made from MoS with the forth being the unlikely Faora unfortunatlely.

BBTS got the 7" figures in stock. Has anyone seen any in hand photos anywhere? I'm eager to see how they turned out.

I might get Ranger just to pry his mask off for a Robin or Riddler custom. It does look like it's molded separately, right?

Ordered both from amazon and they should be here today. Hoping for good paint apps. They looke pretty good in the reviews so far.

Hmm I wanted Tonto but looking at that, cant say I'm too impressed. Will have to wait until they hit TRU and see for myself before buying.

Thanks for the link Batfan :hi5:

No problem. If I get anything, they'll be the Hot Toys, but, the way my plate is looking, that might not be a certainty, either. Too much product, not enough time!:panic: :panic: :panic:

Got NECA's Lone Ranger and Tonto today at TRU. Amazingly, they were only $14.99! I am so impressed with these figures. I'm not that into Western's, but I like the general feel of them. And I've always had a soft spot for the Lone Ranger. Not sure how the movie will turn out, but these figures are some of the best I've seen in this scale. Amazingly delicate details with the feathers and fringe on Tonto, for one thing. The paint is great too, though I had to look through the whole peg to find ones that I considered just right. They have very nice articulation, and Tonto has a sheath for his knife and the Ranger has holsters for both guns. One sad thing - I wish LR had alternate hands so it didn't look so odd when you put his guns away. But a fairly minor complaint.

9025479461_21af4ce715_c.jpg

9027706976_26a847a488_c.jpg

9025479431_dba6a85cd8_c.jpg

Figures look pretty awesome. Don't usually buy NECA but may have to change that if the movie is good (man I hope it is). Was curious if NECA is still-or were ever-going to produce 3 3/4 figures from this line?

I'll buy The Lone Ranger if they release Silver to go with him. That's a horrible design for Tonto though.

I love the design for Tonto as a figure. Amazing detail. But I don't have some huge connection to the classic design.

What is a design that big Lone Ranger fans would have liked?

Well, a Native American actor would have helped. Get rid of the white face crap. The rest would be fine. I know Depp was the reason this got made but I'd rather have waited for a more authentic version. I'm still holding out hope that this will still be fun.

Figures look pretty awesome. Don't usually buy NECA but may have to change that if the movie is good (man I hope it is). Was curious if NECA is still-or were ever-going to produce 3 3/4 figures from this line?

NECA mentioned in there behind the scenes interview on toynewsinternational that the 3.75" range would be out around the time of the DVD/Blue Ray release.

Cool. Thanks Ditch! By then I'll definitely know if I liked the movie or not.:lol Will gladly pick up the 3 3/4 series.

Back