NECA Simpsons Celebrity series 2 part 2 review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just told my BBTS pile of loot to ship, which had this wave in it. Can't wait to add to the WoS collection. These figures are truly a dream come true. And boy was I surprised today that NECA added 3 non-celeb figures to the already huge 3rd wave. A new Lisa and Milhouse and FINALLY Alien Mr. Burns! :rock

good review MWC. Glad to see the WoS line getting new life with these.

Just told my BBTS pile of loot to ship, which had this wave in it. Can't wait to add to the WoS collection. These figures are truly a dream come true. And boy was I surprised today that NECA added 3 non-celeb figures to the already huge 3rd wave. A new Lisa and Milhouse and FINALLY Alien Mr. Burns! :rock

Thanks for the headsup about the new additions. Burns looks great. What ep is the Milhouse from? These, and completist OCD, may make me pick up the tiny joke Maggie they're asking full figure price for.

5 waves this year. wow. I wonder if there will be exclusives? GITD Alien Burns could become a reality?!

Apparently the Who are selling well and with the Penn & Teller & Lisa it seems they're going further in that direction.
I really hope Stan Lee is in Wave 4.

5 waves this year. wow. I wonder if there will be exclusives? GITD Alien Burns could become a reality?!

Apparently the Who are selling well and with the Penn & Teller & Lisa it seems they're going further in that direction.
I really hope Stan Lee is in Wave 4.

Stan is my biggest want in this line. He'd go great with the Incredible Bulk Homer figure Playmates already made, though of course since they like making variants that tie to some of the celebs, NECA would probably make a Hulk Homer too.

I picked up series 3 this past weekend with the 15% off code. Glowing Mr. Burns especially is nice since I've wanted him for years now.

And they just announced series 4. Weird Al but no Stan Lee. The bands must be a big seller for them.

7Ez2wB.jpg

Simpsons TRU coupon (both online and in store) good from 9/2- 9/6

I kind of want an Al variant with no glasses or stash but I'm glad they went with his "classic" look.

Bret is heavily packed so he'll likely be the peg warmer, if there is one this time. And the coupon only saved $1 each, so it's not really worth waiting hoping another shows up. I don't think NECA offered one for S1 or 2.

My top 15 left of celebs as themselves:

1) Stan Lee
2) Paul McCartney
3) Ringo Starr
4) George Harrison
5) Mick Jagger
6) Keith Richards
7) Matt Groening
8) Conan O'Brien
9) Neil Gaiman
10) D ick Clark
11) Elton John
12) The Ramones
13) Betty White
14) Lady Gaga
15) U2

Honorable Mention
Alan Moore, Tommy Chong, Cheech Marin, Tom Petty, David Byrne, Smashing Pumpkins, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Lenny Kravitz, Bob Hope

Last edited:
Oh yeah that was classic. Not sure Mel would sell well these days. But I loved that ep.

My series 3 came yesterday as well, so I'll probably start reviewing them on Sunday night. Eleven figures in one wave? Amazing!

Clearly the musicians are doing well for them, with 8 of the 9 in wave 4. No variant of a Simpson family member announced yet, so that 9 may group by a figure or two...

The Lady Gaga is generally considered one of the worst Simpsons episodes ever. I'm not sure they should honor that with a figure.

This isn't the "25 best Simpsons episodes ever" toy line. She's popular now and the figure would sell well. Plus her dress designs give a lot to pick from and would look great in figure form. I mean damn, we already got Britany Spears and Yao Ming surely Gaga would be a better selection all around than those 2.

Why isn't anyone recognizing RHCP here??? :lol

Have they been stricken from the record or something? :huh :monkey1

Uhhhh... 4 figures in their tighty-whities? no thank you, that might kill this line quick. Plus would look damn stupid in a store or home, imo. :huh :lol
tumblr_n3b2eoxpR31skdqfxo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Of course - there would some out there that wouldn't be interested in them looking like that, but they're screaming to be made.

It's the ****ing Chili Peppers.

Last edited:
I wish I had the main Simpsons family or that they'd get re-released. I wouldn't mind getting some of the celebrity figures but don't really want just them and not the main characters.

Back