NECA Simpsons Celebrity series 2 part 2 review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I don't like about this line is that the skin appears to be painted yellow, rather than cast in yellow. While I'm not sure if they are actually painted rather than casted in yellow plastic, they do not mesh with the existing figures.

Some of the skin matches more so, Wiggum for instance, while some do not, but the WoS line varied in tones itself, even from Homer to Homer. Overall, I think the NECA skin color is more true to the show. It's unreasonable that another company match what the previous did exactly. The important thing is the scale and style of PM and NECA do mesh.

It's nuts that this line got revived years later. They started off slow with wave 1 - Hanks & Hef!, 2 picked up with The Who and Hamill, now 3 turned it up to 11 with GitD Burns, Leonard Nimoy and Stephen King. Let's not under-emphasize what's happening here - these figures are real! Whaaa?!

Last edited:
Yep, skin tone matches fine. They are slightly more yellow than some of the early WOS figures, but some of the later WOS figures are also more yellow.

These mesh quite well

5047.jpg

Back