NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outside of Aliens and Predator, NECA really only does the 18" scale for properties that they can't get a license to do in their 7" scale.

Outside of Aliens and Predator, NECA really only does the 18" scale for properties that they can't get a license to do in their 7" scale.

That's to bad, I just think you get much better detail in 1/4, Neca's Batman Returns line in 1/4 is amazing, wish Neca would make some Rocky's in 1/4, I have Rocky statues in 1/4 and I love that scale, even 1/6 would be better than these small 7 inch figures, not complaining about the 7 inch line lol, but a larger scale would be better for Rocky imo.

I agree, I wish they'd do 1/4 scale Rambo too, NECA just focuses on the 7" scale, I'm just glad we get what we have, before this it was awful JAKKS figures with Sly heads slapped on wrestler bodies.

I agree, I wish they'd do 1/4 scale Rambo too, NECA just focuses on the 7" scale, I'm just glad we get what we have, before this it was awful JAKKS figures with Sly heads slapped on wrestler bodies.

Funny you should mention the Jakks Rocky line, when it was released in 2006 I thought those figs where great because before that release Rocky never had anything made, best figure in that line was Paulie in the meat house clothing, that head sculpt is amazing, looks just like Burt Young.

On reusing the wrestling bodies, I always thought the second Paulie Jakks released from Rocky III was hilarious because they used the same muscular body they used for Rocky, Apollo and they even used the muscular physique for the ring announces and referees lol. Anything to cut corners and save money I guess. You have to give Jakks credit for the boxing ring they made, one thing that always bothered me is that Jakks never released a championship for the figures.

Love the Jakks figures. There will never be a better Rocky line than those figures. I believe they made over 70 figures. Half of that number, and Rocky collectors would be more than pleased. They just made just about everything a fan would want, and more.

Love the Jakks figures. There will never be a better Rocky line than those figures. I believe they made over 70 figures. Half of that number, and Rocky collectors would be more than pleased. They just made just about everything a fan would want, and more.

Agreed, the only issue was using the exact same body for almost all the characters, they did an amazing job making so many secondary characters like Roberto Duran and Brent Musburger, even Musburger was amazed that an action figure was made of him from Rocky II and of course Jakks needs to be given credit for producing the greatest figure ever produced in the history of action figures, "THE MEAT." lol.

ROCKYJ-9.jpg

Hey kinfolk,

I missed out on the original stuff but have been enjoying collecting, posing and displaying these great 40th Anniversary figures. I did manage to find a decent pre fight Rocky a few weeks ago but am hoping to try to find the two Apollo's as well as post fight Rocky. In the meantime here are some pics. The wife made the customized ring from a WWE ring.

20170701_204224.jpg
20170701_204254.jpg
20170701_204257.jpg
20170701_204307.jpg
20170704_202626.jpg
20170704_204442.jpg

Anyone getting the Rocky and Mickey puppets by Neca? These have been delayed for over a year but they should be coming out soon. I was hoping for some New Rocky collectibles coming with the release of Creed II in November, but it doesn't look good with nothing Rocky related up for preorder.

IMG_2641.jpg

Rocky got some love this week, the Neca Rocky and Mickey puppets are now in stock at BBTS, the Rocky 1/4 statue by HCG is also in stock now, anyone getting them? Love to see some in hand pics and reviews.

new in my collection the Rocky & Mickey ice tea lipton brisk of 1997, no one likes them yet in real it is quite nice.

new in my collection the Rocky & Mickey ice tea lipton brisk of 1997, no one likes them yet in real it is quite nice.

Certainly they are tastes, but for a collector and Rocky fans it is a must for several reasons, besides there are no other reproductions of Mickey made so well. Neca did very well to make these maquettes: I bought them immediately as soon as I saw them, but I did not think they were so well done: the painting is amazing, they are bigger than I imagined, then they have the clothes in fabric and they have the moving eyes. Also the maquettes are a limited edition! Neca this time outdone herself in the quality of these maquettes! These maquettes are wonderful! :yess:

yes for fans of rocky she is superb, I adore them. and as you say it is well done and especially in limited edition , :yess:

yes for fans of rocky she is superb, I adore them. and as you say it is well done and especially in limited edition , :yess:

I plan on getting these. The few reviews that I have seen have said that the bases weren't good, and the figures didn't set on the pegs right, have you had any trouble with the pegs on the bases?

no i first put rocky on it and then i put mickey and everything was spotless

Thanks for getting back on this, I noticed that the two reviews that I saw on youtube that the reviewers had the bases lined up wrong, Neca should have just had an instruction book to avoid the confession.

On future Rocky collectibles, it's unfortunate that I don't see anything coming in the next year, I was hoping with the release of Creed II in November that we Rocky fans would see some new collectibles to go along with the release of the new movie. It doesn't look like Neca is going to do anymore Rocky figures, sure wish they would have done some 1/4 versions.

Back