NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I do want it but now that I recently bought 2 BD Apollo's (singles) I have a loose BD Apollo and a MIMB one. So it'd be excess at this point :D

Oh alright. I was gonna say I could get you one if they still have them.

Very nice of you to offer. I think i'm good for now. Just out of curiosity, what are they selling for?

No problem dude. Last time I went they had them for $30. So it'd still be $15 a piece. Not bad at all. I don't have any of series 1, so if they still have them I'm definitely going to pick one up.

Yeah series 1 rocks imo.

Here's the only ones i've opened ........

5415D0DD-FE1A-4833-AA7E-10AA7CC93CC7-1725-000004277CE3390B.jpg

I love these figures! Need Creed, Drago and Rocky 3 Rocky.
Bring on Rocky 2 with a belt for Rock.

My theater had a special showing of Rocky on Wednesday. I never thought I'd be able to watch it in the theater and the experience gave me goosebumps. I didnt plan on getting the two pack, but now I have a Rocky itch to scratch :)

I'm debating wether to get the exclusive 2 pack.
How much better are they than the original series 1 figures?

I've only got clean Rocky and Apollo, was quite dissapointed with Apollo, more than Rocky.

Also anyone know what the deal is with these now, is the line over?

You found Apollo more disappointing than clean Rocky? I couldn't disagree more. Clean Rocky has to be one of the worst likenesses ever.

Well, my second attempt with TRU to get Rocky failed again, and apparently it's because the way NECA packages them, there's no item code difference between clean Rocky and blood spit Rocky so when TRU goes to ship, they just scan the first thing that matches and ship it, so be careful ordering NECA from them when it's variants and you only want one.

My new order from Amazon should get here this week, hopefully they've got a better system and third time will be a charm.

You found Apollo more disappointing than clean Rocky? I couldn't disagree more. Clean Rocky has to be one of the worst likenesses ever.

I got Rocky first and was pleasently surprised how much better he looked out of the packaging, not a very good likeness at all but knew that before i bought it, whereas with Apollo his BD version was so spot on i found myself very dissapointed with the pre fight face.

Yeah, I can't believe how much they missed on that figure but did real swell on all the other figures. I mean Rocky I is what it's all about! Ya gotta nail that one.

BB

I got Rocky first and was pleasently surprised how much better he looked out of the packaging, not a very good likeness at all but knew that before i bought it, whereas with Apollo his BD version was so spot on i found myself very dissapointed with the pre fight face.

I see. Yeah I can't argue about the Apollo comparison. The BD sculpt is their best piece imo.

Yeah, I can't believe how much they missed on that figure but did real swell on all the other figures. I mean Rocky I is what it's all about! Ya gotta nail that one.

BB

Yep I agree. It's because of that sculpt that I decided to only collect the BD versions.

The battle damaged Rocky I is awesome though, same with the BD apollo.

Stallone does seem to challenge NECA, it's neat that they did the Stallone Snarl for Rambo, but I'd have preferred a more obvious Stallone likeness nailed down, then experiment with expressions.

I still feel that the JAKKS Rocky 6 is the best Stallone likeness I've seen at the 6" scale and one of the best Stallone likenesses I've seen at any scale, they captures Stallone's look and emotion so well in my book. Too bad the body was a total mismatch, more so than any of the others since this was old Sly.

8378065579_61720d8d5d_o.jpg

8379143394_74298e9bb9_o.jpg

That really is a great likeness. They nailed that expression. Makes me wish NECA would do Rocky 6 aswell.

Back