NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With NECA, it's all about getting the most sales from the parts they make as possible, that's why they do variants with subtle differences in accessories or paint, or two-packs like this. They sell things off many ways to get the most of the cost to produce the piece. They're redoing Rocky and Apollo because the new skin has paid off for them so it gives them a unique quality to try and sell these again to people with the originals as well as those who missed out. Given the price of the figures and market, this sort of practice makes sense and is common, Hasbro does it a lot with Star Wars.

Neca Rocky Series 2 Rocky IV and Ivan Drago are out tomorrow in the UK. Just had the confirmation that my stock is due at my shop tomorrow, if your waiting in the UK for Rocky Series 2 check your favourite shop this week.

If anyone has been keeping up with the Portal 2 portal-gun issue, this is the same thing.

NECA releases a great product that most people think they would never get and then later NECA releases a superior version of the same product. People who bought the original are feeling like they have an inferior item and NECA provides no explaination as to why they didn't just go big with the better version in the first place.

Same thing with the Robocop figure. Now they are including a working holster :monkey4

Saw these at ToysRus and didnt get them because the paint apps were garbage.

DSC_4489.jpg

DSC_4484.jpg

DSC_4481.jpg

DSC_4480.jpg

If these were the final finnished figures and not just the protos 2 ups, I would get these for sure.
I don't see why they just don't do them in 1/6 or 1/4 like they did with the predators.
I would repaint them if needed and would'nt mind the exposed joints or less joints for better looks.
Still for the money great figures might get some:)

I would not be suprised if there is not a 1/4 scale Rocky in the pipe line. Neca did 1/4 Muhamad Ali don't forget and Rocky has a massive fan base.

I would not be suprised if there is not a 1/4 scale Rocky in the pipe line. Neca did 1/4 Muhamad Ali don't forget and Rocky has a massive fan base.

Never knew that they did a ali 1/4 scale found this pic.
Not the best likeness but not bad I'd definately buy a rocky if it was this standard though

Are the series 3 figures out yet? Ebay has some for sale that aren't preorders but everywhere else either doesn't have them, or they are only preorder.

Are the series 3 figures out yet? Ebay has some for sale that aren't preorders but everywhere else either doesn't have them, or they are only preorder.

Is that Clubber series? Saw them in Toys R Us the other day, I was bummed cuz I just want series 2 Rocky.

Thanks! When do they come out in the U.S.?

Other sites are stating January 2013. Seems kind of silly to miss the holiday push. These are great looking figures. I hope they keep the line going to cover all the films.

I would like to see some other characters as well such as Mick, Adrian and Polly.

Saw Clubber, Drago and battle damaged RockyIV in a collectibles shop yesterday.

Nice figures for the price.

Correction unto myself. Series 3 with Clubber Lang is out NOW in Toys R Us stores. Just picked mine up tonight! $14.99 each.

I might go tomorrow and see if they have these then. Rocky III has always been my favorite.

Picked up series 3 today. Unfortunately they didn't have the Clubber with the blue shorts so Im still on the hunt for him. I must say the likeness and paint are awesome! The Rocky headsculpt is much better than the previous rockys, and the Clubber lang HS is spot on.

Back