NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Hot Toys or Enterbay do deluxe versions surely we could have both head sculpts clean and damaged.Who was doing the 1/4 scale i'm sure some one announced that a while ago?
I think that the Drago figure looks great and Rocky IV looks a lot better just seen them on Evilbay. I was impressed when i saw Apollo in hand and battered Rocky is great too but the clean Rocky looked terrible.

If Hot Toys or Enterbay do deluxe versions surely we could have both head sculpts clean and damaged.Who was doing the 1/4 scale i'm sure some one announced that a while ago?
I think that the Drago figure looks great and Rocky IV looks a lot better just seen them on Evilbay. I was impressed when i saw Apollo in hand and battered Rocky is great too but the clean Rocky looked terrible.

Enterbay is supposedly doing a 1/4 Rocky.

Anyone pick up series 2 yet? Just ordered a set off ebay. The paint apps look pretty good from what I can tell.

I am being selective with this line. I don't need them all. I picked up only the BD Apollo from Series 1. I did not think the Rocky's were very good (likeness) so I passed. I will pick up Drago. Right now I think the BD but will wait to see them in person before I decide. I have two more chances with the Rocky figure. If I feel series 2 is below par I will wait for series 3.
Would love a DX street cloth Rocky from HT's.

I am being selective with this line. I don't need them all. I picked up only the BD Apollo from Series 1. I did not think the Rocky's were very good (likeness) so I passed. I will pick up Drago. Right now I think the BD but will wait to see them in person before I decide. I have two more chances with the Rocky figure. If I feel series 2 is below par I will wait for series 3.
Would love a DX street cloth Rocky from HT's.

If these were $250 a figure I could understand being selective, but these are only $17 a figure, and there only 7 inches, why do you need to be so selective? Just get them all.

That DX street clothes Rocky is never going to happen, just get that boxing accessories set and make a custom.

Does anyone know if Neca is going to do Rocky figures for Rocky II? I think after Rocky III, which is series III that it's over, hope not.

Last edited:
Budget = Selective. I collect HT's as well. I love NECA but I don't need them all. Just enough to capture the essence of the line ie. all I need is one Rocky, Apollo, Drago and Clubber. Same with other Neca lines. I don't need the Evil Dead "Farewell to arms" figure. Just need the Deadite and Hero Ash.

And I don't open my NECA. Keep it in package and store away. My personal History tells me this as I have so many loose Mcfarlane / old Neca that are stored away once the hype of a "new figure" has worn out. Ie. Predators...have been replaced by a few of the Lost Predator

Budget = Selective. I collect HT's as well. I love NECA but I don't need them all. Just enough to capture the essence of the line ie. all I need is one Rocky, Apollo, Drago and Clubber. Same with other Neca lines. I don't need the Evil Dead "Farewell to arms" figure. Just need the Deadite and Hero Ash.

And I don't open my NECA. Keep it in package and store away. My personal History tells me this as I have so many loose Mcfarlane / old Neca that are stored away once the hype of a "new figure" has worn out. Ie. Predators...have been replaced by a few of the Lost Predator

I hear you, everyone collects different. I collect loose, unless the fig is ultra rare and I intend to sell it in the future for a profit, then I would keep the figure MOC.

I just got series II today, just like series 1 the undamaged Rocky is terrible and doesn't look like Stallone, but the battle damaged Rocky with the spit and blood coming out of the corner of his mouth is fantastic, both Drago's are very good, the only complaint I have is the battle damaged Drago doesn't have enough blood on the face or the body and barely looks battle damaged. All in all for the money these are very good, it just sucks that the prototypes are 1/6 and all the great detail is once again lost by making them 7 inch.

Good to hear you have them in hand......I will wait patiently for pics. In your opinion which Drago looks better? Do you know if the BD Drago is short packed similar to the Apollo from series 1?

Series 2 showed up at TRU yesterday. At first I wasn't interested in this line, but Series 2 changed my mind. First off, the paint apps on the ones they had were way better than the ones I saw on series 1. Secondly, the Stallone sculpt seems a lot better too, probably the best Stallone sculpt I've seen in the 6"-7" category.

I grabbed pre-fight Rocky and Drago. Although I do like the BD Rocky from this series, its a little too scene specific for my tastes, and the BD Ivan didn't look as good as the regular version, IMO. I think I'll just stick to the pre-fight versions, and pick up and Clubber and Apollo to go with these two.

The new flesh-colored plastic really helps. I hope they eventually go this route for all their lines.

i bought, BD rocky and drago, and regular drago. as mentioned above, the flesh colored plastic is amazing in person. BD drago doesnt look too.. damaged. but overall love the figures. skipped on reg. sly because i wasn't too impressed by it.

2012-09-14140907.jpg

2012-09-14140929.jpg

2012-09-14134822.jpg

2012-09-14141417.jpg

2012-09-14141022.jpg

2012-09-14141329.jpg

2012-09-14134727.jpg

Back