NECA Remake Freddy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if this has been posted here, but if not --> Behold, the new Freddy:

nightmare_on_elm_street_makeup_test.jpg

Looks pretty intense to me. At first I didn't know what to think.. but after a few days, the look has grown on me a bit.

Actually, if I remember correctly, it was a photoshop test done by the character design team, when comming up with a new look for Freddy once Jackie had been cast. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember the photo originally comming from a legit source stating such.

Actually, if I remember correctly, it was a photoshop test done by the character design team, when comming up with a new look for Freddy once Jackie had been cast. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember the photo originally comming from a legit source stating such.

Why wouldn't they just use their own headshots? :dunno

fkru_article.jpg

I'm not into the Freddy Movies, but the pic I thought was laughable.

I'm loving the look. You have to understand, that's a seven inch toy, sculpted by the hit and miss boys at NECA, in harsh overhead lighting. Play with the contrast, darken the darks. He looks better and better. I believe within the surely dark and stylized lighting in the film Jackie Freddy has great potential to look very spooky and bizarre.

I'm loving the look. You have to understand, that's a seven inch toy, sculpted by the hit and miss boys at NECA, in harsh overhead lighting. Play with the contrast, darken the darks. He looks better and better. I believe within the surely dark and stylized lighting in the film Jackie Freddy has great potential to look very spooky and bizarre.

Englund's Freddy didn't need all these "special conditions" to look cool. :dunno:p

Englund's Freddy didn't need all these "special conditions" to look cool. :dunno:p

Depends who you ask. Englund's makeup did look pretty silly at times too.
Nothing anyone can say here is going to derail my hopes for this film. If it ends up sucking, I'll be the first to admit so, but I'm really looking forward to this movie at present.

Depends who you ask. Englund's makeup did look pretty silly at times too.
Nothing anyone can say here is going to derail my hopes for this film. If it ends up sucking, I'll be the first to admit so, but I'm really looking forward to this movie at present.

Hey, they've got my $10 too, but if it sucks, I'm gonna b**ch about every penny spent on the ticket. :lol

Though, from what I've seen by the preview, I'm not impressed. It's so far got a LOT in common with the Halloween remake. Fleshed out origin story and a shot-for-shot fastforward of the main plot from the original. :monkey4

Hey, they've got my $10 too, but if it sucks, I'm gonna b**ch about every penny spent on the ticket. :lol

Though, from what I've seen by the preview, I'm not impressed. It's so far got a LOT in common with the Halloween remake. Fleshed out origin story and a shot-for-shot fastforward of the main plot from the original. :monkey4

Very true. But I'll tell you what it doesn't have, Rob Zombie behind the camera. That alone should be of some comfort. :lol

And if the filmmaker's word is any good, at SDCC he assured the crowd Freddy's origins will be only in a small portion at the front of the film. "Not setting out to make an origin film" as he said.

I completely agree. I was even thinking they might do a throwback to the original in the movie possibly by giving him the makeup we're used to if only very briefly. Like perhaps he gets dragged into the real world and set on fire again and the outcome is the old style burns from burning his new style'd burned face. I don't know, just thinking. Probably talking out my ass. :lol

I completely agree. I was even thinking they might do a throwback to the original in the movie possibly by giving him the makeup we're used to if only very briefly. Like perhaps he gets dragged into the real world and set on fire again and the outcome is the old style burns from burning his new style'd burned face. I don't know, just thinking. Probably talking out my ass. :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture:p

Back