NECA: Prometheus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm more excited for this but it's so far away from release. :(

Prepare yourself for a veritable menagerie of Xenomorph forms in Ridley Scott’s upcoming Alien: Covenant

Although the film went on to gross more than $400 million worldwide, some Alien franchise fans were disappointed that Ridley Scott’s 2012 Prometheus did not feature the franchise’s original creature design until the alternate “Deacon” form at the very end of the film. That’s not going to be the case with the upcoming Prometheus sequel, Alien: Covenant, Scott tells The Wrap. Covenant will bring back H.R. Giger’s popular Xenomorph in its many terrifying forms.

“We’ll have them all,” Scott promises, “Egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy.”

Set as the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with Prometheus, Alien: Covenant connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. It begins with the colony ship Covenant, bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy. There, the crew discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

“They’re going to go to the planet where the engineers came from,” Scott continues, “and come across the evolving creature that they had made. Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast? It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it.”

20th Century Fox will release Alien: Covenant in theaters on October 6, 2017. Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender are set to reprise their roles as scientist Elizabeth Shaw and the android David, respectively. Given the film’s synopsis, it remains to be seen how Rapace’s Shaw will factor into the film.

Jack Paglen (Transcendence) and Michael Green (Green Lantern) are providing the Alien: Covenant screenplay.

Ridley Scott Promises Familiar Aliens in Alien: Covenant

Hmmm, that's kinda going against his previous statements when he was making Prometheus and said "The alien in a sense, as a shape, is worn out."

Or an interview last year when he said:

"[Prometheus 2 is] fresh” and “getting away from gods and dragons and ****. If I see one more dragon I’m going to shoot myself. Stop the dragons.” Rather than a dragon, Scott describes his original Alien as “the definitive dragon. The alien’s real which is why it’s probably one of the scariest monsters in film history,” Scott says. “So withPrometheus 2 what I’m trying to do is reintroduce a fresher form of alien in the third act.” The Prometheus “baby” alien was, he concedes, “awfully close to the alien” that tormented Sigourney Weaver. His next one promises to be very different.

Guess he changed his mind.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy to see the Xeno again (although I'm sure there will be changes to the design, if ever so slight).

I'll see it, but perhaps not in the theater. I did see Prometheus in the theater and enjoyed it.

This part isn't making me to excited about the film: Jack Paglen (Transcendence) and Michael Green (Green Lantern) are providing the Alien: Covenant screenplay.

Hi all, I've seen some beautiful engineer customs on here and was wondering if anyone on here is selling custom painted pressure suit engineers or would be able to paint mine? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to pm me. :)

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I've painted quite a few engineers.
Each figure is £40. Alternatively I can do custom painting if required.
9f6e57f3cfc4495b78c2eb50a3bd61e5.jpg
51dc78036fdbd88a983a515df09c1215.jpg
d57a1e601a54c684c98001dd00c96226.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

For the sake of sales/retail support; I just got into this line and ordered the Engineer, Deacon and Trilobite VS BD Engineer pack. The Engineers are what got me into it. Neca, please make more.

Wish the film was (a lot) better though. At least it's got some of the classic sci-fi aura that's so lacking these days. Too many plot holes and Lindelof ******** for my taste, ultimately. But I won't beat a dead horse.

Great figures, I can't wait to have them in-hand.

awesome figures OM1D, agreed! Its a shame the line did poorly at retail. The first wave was oversaturated, then the last wave of hologram repaints was the nail in the coffin.

awesome figures OM1D, agreed! Its a shame the line did poorly at retail. The first wave was oversaturated, then the last wave of hologram repaints was the nail in the coffin.

It is indeed, they're remarkably detailed and well done for the scale. Glad I got them. And yes, those holograms were rubbish, both in the film and as figures. A cop-out, really, in both cases. Would've loved a 1/4 Engineer and Deacon.

Welp line revived. Neca just posted pics of more Prometheus figures being made and will be out in 2017 in time for Alien: Covenant.

In preparation for its upcoming sequel, Alien: #Covenant, we return to Ridley Scott's sci-fi thriller Prometheus!

At long last, this series includes the never-released figures fans have been requesting: #Vickers, #Shaw and #Fifield. The 7” scale figures are entirely movie accurate and feature over 25 points of articulation. Vickers (Charlize Theron) comes with flamethrower and removable helmet. Shaw (Noomi Rapace) comes with axe, removable helmet and the android David’s severed head. Fifield (Sean Harris) comes with flashlight and removable helmet. Clamshell packaging. Starts shipping out to retailers April 2017!
For more info visit: https://neca.io/2gthKDm

fk0jnk.jpg

zn79sg.jpg

bg9q1u.jpg

2d7ggi9.jpg

2v32c2b.jpg

2ain4mb.jpg

33z43ex.jpg

Dusted off and brought back from the depths of long lost threads - lol!! Glad these will see the light of day after all:).

I might actually track down the holo engineer figures now to go with these and the ones I did get.

interesting....would take a Vickers and Shaw for sure. The figure joints look different from other NECA figs, more 'old school' action figure joint, especially in the hip/groin area. Guess it makes it a bit less klunky in that area. Can get away with it on the marines since they have armor but even on the Ripley figs, I confess I've always had some issue with where they did the hip joint.

Back