NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the predator line only the jungle demon had me excited and nothing from terminator has my interest but a John Connor could have solved that.

I saw someone's SDCC video where a guy can be heard saying ''I'm kinda Terminatored out'' as he looks at their display (for Terminator obviously)

Well, that'd be because there was nothing new. Both in the sense that the cinemachines, the Quarter Scale and the Rosebox figure were all seen at previous shows AND also it's just the T-800 again...and again. It's pretty much the very same T-800 they've always released - a couple of extra joints here or there. John Connor alone would have converted yawns into renewed enthusiasm I'd bet.

Last edited:
I saw someone's SDCC video where a guy can be heard saying ''I'm kinda Terminatored out'' as he looks at their display (for Terminator obviously)

Well, that'd be because there was nothing new. Both in the sense that the cinemachines, the Quarter Scale and the Rosebox figure were all seen at previous shows AND also it's just the T-800 again...and again. It's pretty much the very same T-800 they've always released - a couple of extra joints here or there. John Connor alone would have converted yawns into renewed enthusiasm I'd bet.

Absolutely, my terminator collection is a fraction of what you must have but if we ever get a JC i could easily call it a wrap for the terminator line and be very happy with what i've got.

To be fair, that could be exactly it. String out the Terminator line as much as possible before JC. I know barring figures rebuilt from the ground up, JC would conclude my Terminator 2 collection. JC might be the proverbial nail in the coffin, a double edged sword for NECA. And it's truly possible in the end that there just isn't the audience there once was for it.

In regards to the new wave of predator figures, I've got the original set. I saw the new ones, and nothing outside a little bit of improvement on the flesh tone plastic stood out. Would that be an agreeable statement for those with both? Jungle Demon is rad though. Picked him up. Only one they had.

This thread is shockingly dead for SDCC. I guess that means interest in the arcade Predators isn't there. I was hoping for a glimpse at Wolf, or at least 1/4 AVP Predators. Or maybe even remakes of the PREDATORS Predators.

Good post! Never spend so much time in other threads away from Predator line during SDCC. 1/4 Jungle Demon is a band aid for the sore wound I guess. But only have a handful pics of it so far and a few video secs.
At least HT Wolf reveal made some excitment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NECA too busy engineering the first in the world fully articulated 1/2 scale action figure lol.

Can't wait to try different poses I won't even need to go to the gym.

To be fair, that could be exactly it. String out the Terminator line as much as possible before JC. I know barring figures rebuilt from the ground up, JC would conclude my Terminator 2 collection. JC might be the proverbial nail in the coffin, a double edged sword for NECA. And it's truly possible in the end that there just isn't the audience there once was for it.

In regards to the new wave of predator figures, I've got the original set. I saw the new ones, and nothing outside a little bit of improvement on the flesh tone plastic stood out. Would that be an agreeable statement for those with both? Jungle Demon is rad though. Picked him up. Only one they had.

Ehh. I wouldn't necessarily call the rereleased Dutch figures an improvement. If you happen to get a really good sample of one of them then sure..but that's just it- happenstance. You happened to get a weaker sample of the old release and a superior sample of the new release. My old Jungle Extraction Dutch is easily better than my new one - the eyes on the older figure nail the Arnie squint, looking off to one side. The new figure has the eyes painted looking straight ahead - the eyebrows are painted too high making him look like one of those girls who destroys herself with artificial eyebrows for no good reason. Even the grenades on his chest aren't painted as well as the old figure. But I don't necessarily think this would apply to all samples.

As regards John Connor for the Terminator line...are they delaying him deliberately to get as much money as they can out of the line because they fear that once people get John Connor they'll call it quits...hmm..I dunno. Maybe. But I worry that that seems to be happening anyway - precisely because they aren't making anything truly new.

Ehh. I wouldn't necessarily call the rereleased Dutch figures an improvement. If you happen to get a really good sample of one of them then sure..but that's just it- happenstance. You happened to get a weaker sample of the old release and a superior sample of the new release. My old Jungle Extraction Dutch is easily better than my new one - the eyes on the older figure nail the Arnie squint, looking off to one side. The new figure has the eyes painted looking straight ahead - the eyebrows are painted too high making him look like one of those girls who destroys herself with artificial eyebrows for no good reason. Even the grenades on his chest aren't painted as well as the old figure. But I don't necessarily think this would apply to all samples.

As regards John Connor for the Terminator line...are they delaying him deliberately to get as much money as they can out of the line because they fear that once people get John Connor they'll call it quits...hmm..I dunno. Maybe. But I worry that that seems to be happening anyway - precisely because they aren't making anything truly new.

Thanks a-dev. The quick look I had caught a few things that you mentioned here for sure. The biggest benefit I saw was the flesh plastic was a bit less translucent and darker, but for a film where he's sweaty and in a jungle all day long, I don't think that necessarily is a benefit so much just a personal preference. I think there's no need to double up for me then, with all this said.

I don't think Terminator is a good seller no matter how you cut it, and really they have done a solid job in building the necessities of the line. Of all the things critically missing, I'd think a future war Reese, Dyson, and of course John Connor are the keys. Of course overhauling them with the new flesh plastic and all that jazz would be welcome, I somehow don't feel like the love for Terminator is there like it used to be. Perhaps the 3D box office release will be the telling factor as to if it is a viable line anymore. But if you think about it, casuals want Arnie and the T-1000 to represent the film - they're covered, the market is covered. Fans will take the trio, T-1000 maybe multiple Arnies - with JC they're covered and you close that market. The deep lovers of the film, you, P., etc. you're a small market who would go beyond John Connor coming out. The kenner Alien and Predator lines, in comparison, have a lot more variety and believably in their EU content, which is why they are perused, I think. They also make great toybox fodder for younger audiences as generic bad guys and such as they are a little more captivating.

"It's been a long time, General..."

Full custom "Briefing Dutch", plus the SDCC exclusive "little brother". I like the Neca one, but I did some slight clean-up to the face, shading the stubble and repainting the cigar. Also got rid of that atrocious glossy finish. Enjoy.
GEDC1179.JPGGEDC1177.JPG

Received my 30th Anniversary haul from BBTS today.

IMG_2995.jpg

Only going to open the Unmasked Jungle Hunter for now. Several other projects to do before I can work on the Predator dioramas.

Nice figure. The eyes are a little wonky but not very noticeable.

IMG_2998.jpg

Hard to tell in this lighting but the unmasked is much lighter in color than my original masked figure. A dull, matte yellow. I actually think that the paint is a bit better on the original. Darker and more realistic looking.

IMG_2999.jpg

Your one ugly muthafu*ka...

IMG_3009.jpg

Nice haul Vector! I personally like the paint apps on the 30th anniversary figures better than the 1st release. I bought several of the new versions to replace the originals.

Nice haul Vector! I personally like the paint apps on the 30th anniversary figures better than the 1st release. I bought several of the new versions to replace the originals.

Thanks man. The paint does look good on the new fig. I guess that I just like the darker color of the old masked one a bit better. Also, the skulls and spine necklaces are darker and more weathered on the old one. But looking at the rest through the packaging the paint appears to be good on all of them. I will probably go ahead and open them all so that I can check them out more closely.

I could have sworn I remember a guy asking me to post comparison pics of the new and old figures. I took the pics but hadn't gotten around to posting them as I haven't joined a new pic hosting site and uploading directly to the forum is a one at a time sort of affair.

Anyway, the pics revealed an oddity of the new Dutch figures (my samples anyway) that I didn't otherwise notice prior to taking the pics - they have a more yellowish skintone. Looks awful in the pics but thankfully it doesn't look this bad in person for some reason

IMG_6266 (Medium).JPG
IMG_6261 (Medium).JPG
IMG_6269 (Medium).JPG

My (new) extraction Dutch, however, is definitely inferior:

IMG_6270 (Medium).JPG
IMG_6274 (Medium).JPG

Compare that to this, my sample of the original release:

IMG_6271 (Medium).JPG
IMG_6272 (Medium).JPG
IMG_6273 (Medium).JPG

Back