NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered the P1 wave from NECA ebaystore on friday (all except for the Gort mask version)...they seem to be taking their time to ship it though. I notice that the Jungle Demon figure is now out of stock. I sure hope they're operating on a first come first served basis and not delaying my shipment because they decided to fulfil orders that came after mine just because they're in the US.

When we ordered from BBTS, the price of the set meant you effectively got 1 of the 7 for free (compared to buying individually).

Was that not the case via NECA?

When we ordered from BBTS, the price of the set meant you effectively got 1 of the 7 for free (compared to buying individually).

Was that not the case via NECA?

I will inevitably get hit with customs fees on this so I decided to go with the ebaystore to pay a known amount up front. I still have an order with BBTS but I will be cutting that down to about 4 Dutch figures for various looks/scenes I want to represent.

Got my Preds, they came out perfect, just this one came with the diaphragm stuck and the blades warped, will try to heat it up, but it looks great, the different plastics used to arms and feet doesn't really break the look at all.

But the smell, oh wow, people weren't kidding, I think I got a little high from opening them and inspecting them closely, these things STINK of paint solvents, and they felt sticky like they hadn't finished drying, other than that, I'm satisfied.

Also, noticed the wrist computer comes with a metal pin now, they should've done that for the City Hunter too, but I'm glad at least the most important design has it.

the new anytime predator can do that pose...

i was happy with an old neca predator made from some different version

but now maybe i have to get the new one... not really sure...

My order for the anniversary wave has shipped :yess:

Aaaand now I have a bad feeling I'm gonna get figures with missing parts or 2 left feet etc etc

Are there any difference between the 30th anniversaty dutch and the previous released?

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

City Hunters did have a metal pin the problem was the size of the "hitch and misalignment of the mounting pegs. The trying to be less invasive on the sculpt by making it small caused that problem.

the new anytime predator can do that pose...

i was happy with an old neca predator made from some different version
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f316/Milohiodeo/20170705_030036_zps1kkivjea.jpg

but now maybe i have to get the new one... not really sure...
That the QS? It looks good.

If you like museum poses then you're not really missing much with the new one, but the added articulation does make for more nuanced poses.

VfS4zLQ.jpg

It will be the equivalent of one of your bad theater viewings from a corner seat lol.

:lol

Ah, that legendary tale of my ***te Jurassic World experience. If memory serves it got slightly better on my last viewing.

Are there any difference between the 30th anniversaty dutch and the previous released?

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

No, they're the same figures.

If you like museum poses then you're not really missing much with the new one, but the added articulation does make for more nuanced poses.

I like the ability to turn the biceps so the arms aren't always sticking out from the body. I also love having a torso crunch to give him something of a slouch. Never really liked the puffed out belly on the older versions.

. . . No, they're the same figures . . .

So was the articulation only improved on the Preds? (doesn't bother me either way as I didn't get these when they were originally released).

. . . Never really liked the puffed out belly on the older versions.

You mean the 1:4 scale pieces? I always looked at that as screen accurate :dunno

VfS4zLQ.jpg

:wink1: It is the 8inch version, i added some mesh here and there so it has the real and not sculpted mesh ilusion.

I assumed differences in paint was a given merely because of this being a new run some years after the original release. But there's no other differences.

So was the articulation only improved on the Preds? (doesn't bother me either way as I didn't get these when they were originally released).

You mean the 1:4 scale pieces? I always looked at that as screen accurate :dunno

Well, call it preference then. Personally I don't like the way the older, less articulated P1s stand with their bellies sticking out, their backs arched and their arms in a cowbow stand-off pose.

I assumed differences in paint was a given merely because of this being a new run some years after the original release. But there's no other differences.

Well, call it preference then. Personally I don't like the way the older, less articulated P1s stand with their bellies sticking out, their backs arched and their arms in a cowbow stand-off pose.

The Dutch legs looked different and face looked smoother :dunno

No reason to change the legs. And if they did then the army pants on the Jungle Briefing Dutch would be even more inexcusable.

Speaking of missing parts, sure enough this one is missing a grenade on his chest.

Found this in related videos - worth posting here I think:

I have the 25th anniversary jungle extraction and the face seems worst painted than the dutch in the review linked above. Plus from neca website: "we've brought back some out-of-production fan favorites for those who missed out the first time around and given them various upgrades"

Another question:
Don't you think the jungle hunter ultimate body is too skinny?

Back