NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit, when NECA refers to theNECAstore I tend to think they mean their ebay store. Doesn't look like they're selling the con exclusive Dutch via their ebay. And I just tried their link for theNECAstore and tried to place an order but got suspicious when it seemed they weren't gonna charge me for shipping. International shipping is never ever free. And sure enough, even though I was able to log into paypal and so on and so forth I wasn't able to change the country to Ireland.

Dammit, when NECA refers to theNECAstore I tend to think they mean their ebay store. Doesn't look like they're selling the con exclusive Dutch via their ebay. And I just tried their link for theNECAstore and tried to place an order but got suspicious when it seemed they weren't gonna charge me for shipping. International shipping is never ever free. And sure enough, even though I was able to log into paypal and so on and so forth I wasn't able to change the country to Ireland.

I just logged into my NECA Store account and tried to change the drop down for the ship to country and only the United States is listed so it looks like only shipping to the USA is available. Unless other options become available in the later steps of the ordering process. That stinks, I thought that NECA offered international shipments...

I shall have 2 Jungle Briefing Dutch coming to me courtesy of a fellow freak. I'm paying him obviously :lol

Anyway I may be customising the second one at some point - perhaps with the cap and sunglasses if I can get a good match.

Got my Preds, they came out perfect, just this one came with the diaphragm stuck and the blades warped, will try to heat it up, but it looks great, the different plastics used to arms and feet doesn't really break the look at all.

But the smell, oh wow, people weren't kidding, I think I got a little high from opening them and inspecting them closely, these things STINK of paint solvents, and they felt sticky like they hadn't finished drying, other than that, I'm satisfied.

Also, noticed the wrist computer comes with a metal pin now, they should've done that for the City Hunter too, but I'm glad at least the most important design has it.

I generally love new toy smell but this one was different. It smells like someone's bad breath. And it still does :gah: Yeah this is the smell that sticks around.

Mines didn't smell like bad breath, but they really smelled like solvent, like literal paint solvent you use to paint your house.

I really did feel dizzy for a second there.

There's that new toy smell too, but the solvent smell is overpowering.

Got my Preds, they came out perfect, just this one came with the diaphragm stuck and the blades warped, will try to heat it up, but it looks great, the different plastics used to arms and feet doesn't really break the look at all.

But the smell, oh wow, people weren't kidding, I think I got a little high from opening them and inspecting them closely, these things STINK of paint solvents, and they felt sticky like they hadn't finished drying, other than that, I'm satisfied.

Also, noticed the wrist computer comes with a metal pin now, they should've done that for the City Hunter too, but I'm glad at least the most important design has it.

City Hunters did have a metal pin the problem was the size of the "hitch and misalignment of the mounting pegs. The trying to be less invasive on the sculpt by making it small caused that problem.

and the blades warped
content_37.jpg

sorry, was looking for an excuse to post it since i saw it 15 minutes ago in an article Moguchiy H found :)

Another potentially promising tweet that slipped under the radar with all the ALIENS excitement as of late:

tweet from a fan: got a @NECA_TOYS sdcc dutch, once jungle demon comes in, my original predator movie collection will be complete!

Randy's response: That's what you think...

Minus new likeness rights, I suppose there's more versions of Dutch and maybe even the Jungle Hunter that they could still mine from, but hopefully this means that they did indeed finally strike a deal with Weathers and can now make Dillon :pray:

Jungle Hunter with the blade pictured above + a corresponding re-issue of upgraded wounded Dutch?

Or Water-Emergence Predator re-done using the new body + a corresponding mud-covered "He couldn't see me" Dutch?
"Get to da choppa!!" Dutch with wounded shoulder and an alternate jungle camo Predator?
The re-paints / minor re-sculpt possibilities are many, but I'm crossing my fingers that Randy's coyness means at least one new character for the line!

We also don't have a DIY medicating Predator. And they could reissue the Ultimate Jungle Hunter with bloodied calf armour per the final fight.

There's 2 other minor variations of Dutch I can think of - ''She's your baggage, you fall behind, you're on your own'' (Extraction Dutch minus the gloves and with the tan shirt opened and untucked) and also Victory Dutch (from the very end, hands on hips, dried mud and dried blood)

edit - heck there's another one - Dutch with the mud washed off but before the Predator beats the crap out of him.

they should make an Anna figure as a chase/exclusive. Not a huge demanded one (or at least i think she would be so) which alleviates the possibility of them doing a figure we really want as the super exclusive one

City Hunters did have a metal pin the problem was the size of the "hitch and misalignment of the mounting pegs. The trying to be less invasive on the sculpt by making it small caused that problem.
It does? I just checked mine and looks like a plastic pin but I'll believe you.

Still I barely move it due to the fear of breakage, feels so brittle.

content_37.jpg

sorry, was looking for an excuse to post it since i saw it 15 minutes ago in an article Moguchiy H found :)
If only :lol they were twisted all funky, but I sorted them out with a hairdryer.

Ordered the P1 wave from NECA ebaystore on friday (all except for the Gort mask version)...they seem to be taking their time to ship it though. I notice that the Jungle Demon figure is now out of stock. I sure hope they're operating on a first come first served basis and not delaying my shipment because they decided to fulfil orders that came after mine just because they're in the US.

It's the 4th of July. Damn everyone else. USA, USA, USA!!!! We're at the front of the line for our Chinese made products.:wink1:

Back