NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder has he confirmed and verified that it's only a 'vocal few', has he taken names and cross referenced....

Again, I think he underestimates the potential there.

I have always been curious, what is Randy's official capacity at NECA ? Is he the head boss who gets to make the final decisions on who or what gets made in a line and he knows better than everyone else there ? Or is it actually a group lead company that gets to vote ?

I have always been curious, what is Randy's official capacity at NECA ? Is he the head boss who gets to make the final decisions on who or what gets made in a line and he knows better than everyone else there ? Or is it actually a group lead company that gets to vote ?

I think his official title at NECA is Director of Product Development. Not sure if he has final approval over everything but he definitely appears to control the direction of the various lines.

do you have another explanation why their predators are so ruined with ****** paint while aliens and humans aren't?

Can't relate. The last few Predators I bought looked fine to me paint-wise.

Can't relate. The last few Predators I bought looked fine to me paint-wise.

I've had very few problems with Predator paint apps too. One of my Ghost's eye's is a little off center, but considering I only display them with the masks on I don't mind. That's the only issue I've had with a predator's paint now that I think about it

I hope we get an arcade Dutch from alien vs predator.
Also, characters from the comics would be awesome - Galgo, Machiko, Ahab (wide release), Alan Schaefer

I hope we get an arcade Dutch from alien vs predator.
Also, characters from the comics would be awesome - Galgo, Machiko, Ahab (wide release), Alan Schaefer

I don't see any reason they couldn't at least make a comic-accurate Machiko. No one has done one yet (not comic accurate. They are all fan-boy fantasy). They wouldn't even need any likeness rights. Seems like a no-brainer to pair with their broken tusk.

As for the others, I like to think I am a pretty big 'more human figures!' proponent, but the "deep cuts" from the comics and games I would probably pass on.

I don't see any reason they couldn't at least make a comic-accurate Machiko. No one has done one yet (not comic accurate. They are all fan-boy fantasy). They wouldn't even need any likeness rights. Seems like a no-brainer to pair with their broken tusk.

As for the others, I like to think I am a pretty big 'more human figures!' proponent, but the "deep cuts" from the comics and games I would probably pass on.

Indeed. I would be on board for that. I have the HT 'Machiko' and agree it's more fan boy than legitimate but it's a cool one nonetheless. I mean they did the first Predator from the first DH comic so I don't understand why they couldn't do a Machiko.

I wonder has he confirmed and verified that it's only a 'vocal few', has he taken names and cross referenced....

Again, I think he underestimates the potential there.
At least Diamond has more fun with the license.
Hc3e6Oq.jpg

OtvIwkn.jpg

A8LEwXD.jpg

do you have another explanation why their predators are so ruined with ****** paint while aliens and humans aren't?
There's no excuse for the 1/4 scale P2 unmasked City Hunters to have such bad paint apps on their foreheads. That's the part of that Predator where the most attention to detail should be focused on for its uniqueness, but instead they just seemed to do some off-center stamp of zigzags and triangles. How many people here at the board have worked endlessly to customize theirs because they did such a bad job? Even their product preview on the official website is painted badly.
https://necaonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/CityHunter2.jpg
Indeed. I would be on board for that. I have the HT 'Machiko' and agree it's more fan boy than legitimate but it's a cool one nonetheless. I mean they did the first Predator from the first DH comic so I don't understand why they couldn't do a Machiko.
I'd be happy to see them make Detective Schaefer and Machiko, since those are the repeat main characters in the 2 core Dark Horse Predator and Alien vs. Predator stories, but according to "Randy" he thinks Arnold is the only star in the franchise.

Say what you will about NECA's figure choices & QC (and I agree on some of the QA complaints), but no other company has given us what they have in an affordable line of figures of adult sci-fi movies.

Personally Im pretty greatful we got the chance to own the lost tribe, a few marines, all the cool xenos, the powerloader, and of course the queen. So much great stuff over the years, and still going strong!

Say what you will about NECA's figure choices & QC (and I agree on some of the QA complaints), but no other company has given us what they have in an affordable line of figures of adult sci-fi movies.

Personally Im pretty greatful we got the chance to own the lost tribe, a few marines, all the cool xenos, the powerloader, and of course the queen. So much great stuff over the years, and still going strong!

And the P2 Trophy Wall, ED-209, multiple Dutch variants, multiple T-800 and T-1000 variants, T1 figures after so many years of nothing from that film - I don't disagree with that at all despite what we're saying in the Terminator thread. The collection they have provided brings me great joy.

However, an attitude of ''I love everything and I'm certainly not going to petition for anything else because I'm happy with what I have and everyone else should be too'' is pretty useless*. Rather, telling NECA you're willing to buy more and giving them a clue as to what you actually would buy surely plays a big role in how this train keeps moving. That's all DiFabio was doing with his posts on twitter tonight and Randy and his harem of cucks don't seem to grasp that. Instead they just ganged up on him and banned him because he gave insufficient verbal fellatio with the tiny character limit twitter allows.

*unless you genuinely are completely satisfied with what you have, you won't be buying anymore, in which case you don't need to be part of the conversation (and when I say 'you' here I don't mean you Reefer Shark, I'm talking generally. In fact this whole post is more in response to tonight's twitter stuff)

Last edited:
Ah I hear you man, you gotta let them know what you want! I guess i just dont take it too seriously or care too much if certain characters never get made (thats just me, not knocking those that are more passionate about it).

Honestly though it really feels most of what I see here is complaining. It definitely takes the wind out of a casual collectors sails when coming here to share a little excitment. All good, just throwing another perspective out there!

I'm for balance. Give praise when it's due, complain if there's something to complain about. Personally that's what I see in these threads. It's why I was confused by Yahzee's post the other night. I just don't get the same impression.

I got you! Well Im not taking much of a stance in this, just an observation. Hopefully they do make the figures eveyone wants eventually. Id be super stoked if we got all the marines and the P1 crew someday, trust me!

Back