NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have really held back on picking up NECA products over the last year or so, only really having 'must haves' (still need to get the Queen) but I do wonder if NECA is in a loop. It's good that the figures we want and buy always seem to get an upgrade but it can also be a little off putting.

Wonder if the NECA guys feel like they are in Groundhog Day :lol

I love my Closed Mouth 1/4 Predator and it will be interesting to see this one also.

looks like a brand new head sculpt, no gap, no seam line in the helmet. hope they can make correct netting this time.

:pray::pray: Only time will tell :impatient:

TNX for sharing Psycho!:hi5: Like I said I'm looking forward to anything new at 1/4! Of course I'm buying this one. Because of the chinese QC I've shipped my head around the globe several times so it's nice to see they're improving it. But let's be honest there's always a factor for additional profit. The fact is we love Preds so we bought the original ones and so we will buy the new ones. NECA you will earn a lot so you could update all 1/4 hunters released so far (many people still searching for a reasonable priced JH examples) and give us new hunters starting with expansion of the lost clan, Wolf etc. Please no 'expensive tooling' replies anymore. Back to the drawing board guys and work your magic. I know you can pull it off I've bought many great sculpts of yours pure art...:wink1:

A 'groundhog day' where they get to keep the bags of money from the armored car and it compounds with each 'reset'.

Hitting that 'minor upgrade so we can re-release' button is their 2nd best trick. It works out well for people who missed out on the first round, and they would argue profitability from releases like that is what allows them to release completely new figures that require new tooling. Not bashing the process, just saying it is what it is.

(their best trick is re-using the same body with different paint/accessories and calling it a new figure)

Did the prototype of the first masked jungle hunter have a visor gap and an ugly seam?

I thought those were just unpleasant surprises on the mass-produced final product. Ergo the new one could end up having them too if they don't rectify whatever happened.

Last edited:
Yep.. it looks like the original masked JH's days are numbered. I wonder how far off this is.. I cant see them improving the unmasked sculpt so I anticipate hanging on to that one. The masked version had room for improvement with the seam and the visor gap so this should be a nice upgrade with electronics to boot.

With the money you can get by selling the 1st JH you can probably buy 3 or 4 of the new ones :lol

A 'groundhog day' where they get to keep the bags of money from the armored car and it compounds with each 'reset'.

Hitting that 'minor upgrade so we can re-release' button is their 2nd best trick. It works out well for people who missed out on the first round, and they would argue profitability from releases like that is what allows them to release completely new figures that require new tooling. Not bashing the process, just saying it is what it is.

(their best trick is re-using the same body with different paint/accessories and calling it a new figure)

Oh I figured out NECA's business plan a long time ago my friend, I was merely coming from the perspective form a NECA employees stance.

My VG City Hunter arrived today. Love the paint on this one.

CH9MW-IWcAAbVBx.jpg

I think the picture with the white led is a bad Photoshop,you can clearly see the head under the mask and I think the dreads are photoshopped out (might be wrong)
IMG_20150620_133135.jpg
I think they gonna do a removable mask or head with dreads maybe interchangeable mandibles,that would be a perfect ultimate predator
Something like this but 1/4 scale.AVP_TRU_2pack-590w-240x300.jpg

Have to say I'm rather disappointed with the Renegade Predator. The painted skin (and unpainted mesh) makes him look so much less aesthetically appealing than his Hive Wars predecessor that it's actually a little sad.

I hope this comes with masked and unmasked head this time around.

That would be nice. I think it's unlikely though. Fans have already shown Neca that we will buy multiple version of the same character.

No way that's happening

no way Randy is giving these new heads for free. not when they can sell 3 separate predators and make 3 times the money. no way.
they did not do it with the original pred or the City pred so I cannot see why he would just start now

I have really held back on picking up NECA products over the last year or so, only really having 'must haves' (still need to get the Queen) but I do wonder if NECA is in a loop. It's good that the figures we want and buy always seem to get an upgrade but it can also be a little off putting.

I love my Closed Mouth 1/4 Predator and it will be interesting to see this one also.

At least is not as bad as Hot Toys...
here the figure might cost 100, and not 300 for the new versions lol

Predator-Series-14-Unpainted-Samples.jpg
A little hard to tell, but it looks like they may have Ancient's head on chopper...a hint of things to come perhaps?

Back