NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to have a real look into these NECA Predators again, think the last set I bought was series 10? Way behind on these and NECA'S Aliens figures. :slap

rfHqSkJ.jpg

I'm digging these figures, yeah they're not the most accurate to the source, but sometimes ya gotta make the best out of what ya got. I am hoping they release some high resolution pictures shortly.

Looks like neca got the thigh armor right. Scar has armor on both sides, Celtic only has armor on his right side and Chopper has none. Also the pics show tubes connected to the masks. Wonder if those will be on the final versions

but this shots are 1/4?

These are almost certainly pics of the 2ups (notice the real netting). Assuming they really are just double the size then that would put them at 16" tall roughly.

EDIT: As far as I am aware NECA has not officially announced any new 1/4 Preds, but Randy has hinted at the possibility quite a few times so who knows. I'm crossing my fingers we get 1/4 versions of the AvP Preds.

but Randy has hinted at the possibility quite a few times so who knows. I'm crossing my fingers we get 1/4 versions of the AvP Preds.

As long as there's eventually a 1/4th Wolf, Snake, Borg and Berserker I can live without all the others (this seems unlikely at this time since retooling is super expensive as per Randy :()

NECA's AvP Preds are the Duke Nukem Forever of action figures. They have been in development FOREVER and when they finally come out they will probably be underwhelming. The AvP Preds are my favorite designs (though the movie is only okay), but I don't know that NECA will get these right. The last pics we saw of the assembled figures made them look way too lean and skinny. I'm sure I'll buy them anyway since they are my favorites and they're actually from a movie and they're not just a JH or CH repaint, but I hope I am wrong about the final product and they exceed expectations.

I think they are doing them lean and skinny to use that same body for the AVPR Wolf Predator. They are getting lazy when developing bodies and they are just reusing them over, and over, and over, and over..........................

Correct me if mistaken but there were just three bodies until series 14 arrived, Predators (Berserker, Falconer and Tracker) , Jungle Hunter and City Hunter. You can add the Jungle Hunter 2.0. not counting the old Wolf statue.

Graduation poster

https://kastorskorner.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/jpg-3000w-PredatorVisualGuide2014_2.jpg

Having not bought a figure from this line since the BD Crucified Predator from wave 2, I just ordered the Cracked Tusk Predator. Is the quality control still hot garbage on wheels?

Having not bought a figure from this line since the BD Crucified Predator from wave 2, I just ordered the Cracked Tusk Predator. Is the quality control still hot garbage on wheels?

they have improved since those early waves, Ive been collecting all the lost predators and a few late waves and did not have any broken parts that I had with Berserker or the first elder.

I think they are doing them lean and skinny to use that same body for the AVPR Wolf Predator. They are getting lazy when developing bodies and they are just reusing them over, and over, and over, and over..........................

Correct me if mistaken but there were just three bodies until series 14 arrived, Predators (Berserker, Falconer and Tracker) , Jungle Hunter and City Hunter. You can add the Jungle Hunter 2.0. not counting the old Wolf statue.

Graduation poster

https://kastorskorner.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/jpg-3000w-PredatorVisualGuide2014_2.jpg

Yep. It's kinda ridiculous when you look at that pic. If you remove the Dutch figures and the early Wolf statues, NECA has produced 49 (unless I counted wrong) Predators from 3 base bodies (super pred, jungle hunter, city hunter). That is some seriously crazy amounts of sculpt reuse. Another thing they have been lazy about is the paint apps on the predator netting. There have been a few figures released recently where the netting is completely unpainted. It really makes the figures look cheap and unfinished.

Back