NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm far from a "fan" of the AvP preds, but I must admit it's a bit refreshing to see actual movie pred updates and new material

I wonder if chopper and cletic will come with the different sized canons.

What's best and worst is all personal taste. I personally really enjoy the AVP predators' looks, more so than Jungle Hunter and City Hunter! Call me crazy, stupid, or whatever makes you happy still won't change what I believe and see.

I kinda dislike the preds of the 1st AVP, they're a too busy in an unimaginative way and the suits look cheap, it's funny how the 1st two Predator costumes still look more realistic than the newer ones.

Wolf's ok, he's got a lot of personality, but even if I like a design, if the concept is from bad movie, it detracts from my liking of the design.

I really dig the avp preds. Awesome armor design. Skull on spikes on the back of chopper pred. The extended wristblades. And i like all preds, except maybe one - viper pred 😊

Hi ocielz, his skin tone and skin design looks great, but the armor should be slightly metallic for a little contrast. The dark armor doesn't stand out. And the protuding jaw makes his mask look awful. Maybe if they made him closed mouthed his mask may looked better (like ahab's). Also if he had the same lenght hair just like the others, that would make him much cooler looking. Just me sorry.

What's best and worst is all personal taste. I personally really enjoy the AVP predators' looks, more so than Jungle Hunter and City Hunter! Call me crazy, stupid, or whatever makes you happy still won't change what I believe and see.

Personally, I appreciate the AvP pred looks and I don't hold the disappointing movie itself against them either. I just kind of dislike them as "characters". 2 of the 3 failed their test to become "men". Say what you want about 'grid' being a special, extra badass alien, but the fact is 2 of them died right away in anticlimactic fashion. The 3rd, did become a 'blooded' warrior, but mere seconds later got face-huggered. That is hardly the kind of hunting talent in a character that leads to a magnificent trophy wall!

To use a sports term, I feel like they were the hyped rookies who won every award in college and looked every bit the part of studs, but were busts in the pros.

*Yes, I know people may counter that the City Hunter got killed by Danny Glover, so how badass could he really be? City Hunter had the trophies so i give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he got complacent after a long and successful career and underestimated his foe.

My love for the AvP preds is purely based on the aesthetic. I do enjoy the movie, but it's far from my favorite in the franchise. In fact, for me it seems like my preference for Predator designs is completely the opposite of my preference for Predator movies.

Movies: P1 > P2 > Predators > AvP > AvP:R
Pred designs: AvP:R > AvP > P2 > P1 > Predators

So, not exactly the opposite, but almost.

Another update:

10968570_948676441809734_8855757210354626745_n.jpg

10961841_10153047380129346_1006353725_n.jpg

Looks very nice, but I do wish they made them beefy, like in the movie. I like the variety in looks.

Aesthetically AVP Predators are my favorite, probably because of the armor, which I think is awesome, and the longer dreads. The movie was subpar, and so were the Predators' stories.

I agree Abake, I feel that NECA should not have altered the body shapes and made them skinnier and toned. These Predators were going through their awkward, chunky, adolescent phase, thats what I wanted on my shelf! :lol

looking fantastic to me! so looking forward to these!

I've always really liked the more armored look of the AVP preds personally - being a fan of all armored things, it just hits the sweet spot for me

so this is what I can think of variants for the AVP line:

Scar Masked with out scar
Scar masked with scar
Scar unmasked
Scar unmasked battle damaged with the bomb removed

Celtic masked
Celtic masked with battle damage bio and melted blades

Chopper masked

Elder

The 3 Ancient Preds

Back