NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local TRU finally got these in, two and a half months after shipping. They seemed to be low too. Only 1 JP Dutch, 2 JE, and 2 Preds. Anyone know the case counts on these?

Put this in the Alien thread but figured this was as relevant here as well.

This is awesome
AVP1.jpg

More on the One Sixth Republic Facebook page.

Yeah ! Simon Lee is amazing sculptor

Hmm, I've never painted a figure before. Acrylic paint work fine? Need to seal with anything?

Acrylic would work fine for what you're touching up. As long as you're not playing with it lol. I still have to get around to touching up the eyebrows on my Hero Ash. That seems to be an ongoing issue with NECAs 7" figures. The eyebrows are never really in the right places -_-

two problems I had with painting with acrylics and not sealing it,

one, I used acrylics to paint a toy, and over time the paint started to look white-ish. I had to repaint the figure because the black part would start to get this whiteish thing on it.

two, I used a shiny type of paint on a figure, and it painted fine, but over time it got sticky and dust started to get stuck on the paint. I know I probably did it wrong, but that's what happened.

I used acrylics to paint a toy, and over time the paint started to look white-ish. I had to repaint the figure because the black part would start to get this whiteish thing on it.

Sounds like oxidation, that shouldn't be happening. What brand of paint did you use?

I've used acrylics to touch up a few of my NECA figures before, so far so good.

My local TRU finally got these in, two and a half months after shipping. They seemed to be low too. Only 1 JP Dutch, 2 JE, and 2 Preds. Anyone know the case counts on these?

At least that's a sign, hopefully I can pick up another set from TRU soon.

Sounds like oxidation, that shouldn't be happening. What brand of paint did you use?

I think it was tri art, would the brand of paint would have anything to do with it?

Is there a specific brand that I should get for Neca toys?

I think it was tri art, would the brand of paint would have anything to do with it?

It very well might. Acrylic paint shouldn't be changing color over time, even without a sealer. I have acrylic paintings that are over 30 years old, even with no sealant they still look the same as the day they were painted.

For the last few years I've been using Cartoon Colour Vinyl Acrylic, it's the same paint the Four Horsemen (MOTUC, McFarlane) use on their paint masters.

It very well might. Acrylic paint shouldn't be changing color over time, even without a sealer. I have acrylic paintings that are over 30 years old, even with no sealant they still look the same as the day they were painted.

Could it be mold or something? I was wondering about it because I didn't know what to do. I thought it was because I didn't seal it.
Something else i found weird is that it only happen with black paint. The other stuff painted different colors didn't get like that.

Hey Ash, which TRU did you find them at, Bay Plaza, or Bruckner?

Is that whats happening to the jackets on my NECA T2 T-800s? A lot of them are turning grey. Obviously they should be black. And its definitely not a weathering effect, they weren't always like this.

Picked up a set today at a Toys R Us in Brooklyn, NY...I am a happy camper

Is that whats happening to the jackets on my NECA T2 T-800s? A lot of them are turning grey. Obviously they should be black. And its definitely not a weathering effect, they weren't always like this.

Could it be the plastic itself on the jackets? I know some plastic starts turning grey-ish but it takes years for that.

but it could be the same thing that happened to me and the acrylics.

Back