NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd pick up Harrigan but I seeeeeriously doubt Neca would make him. They're making 4 versions of Dutch to ensure he's profitable, and the interest just isn't there to warrant that treatment for any other character. Without easy reuse I can't see Neca going near it.

a harrigan would be so great but yeah neca wont do it. asked them on the twatter awhile back, they are convinced it would be a peg warmer. would sell more than those kenner homage ones IMO, kinda a given.

Oh Harrigan. If only you have been in some hyped up Tarantino film with no movie-monster accompaniment, you might have stood a chance.

a harrigan would be so great but yeah neca wont do it. asked them on the twatter awhile back, they are convinced it would be a peg warmer. would sell more than those kenner homage ones IMO, kinda a given.

Disagree about the Kenner thing, while they may seem silly and pointless to us, they could appeal for a young kid who just likes toys of crazy monsters. If you look at NECA's most extensive figure collections, they deal with creatures or robots armed with guns and other weapons, NECA doesn't do much with basic humans and particularly ones that aren't armed or decked with gear. If NECA doesn't believe in Dutch's team, who'd be more appealing for their gear and weapons, Harrigan is just a guy in khakis and a button down with a pistol, not a very exciting figure to a mass audience. The Kenner's can sell to people who've never even seen a Predator movie, Harrigan can't.

i get that a young kid will want the kenner homage figs but thats not necas target audience ya know? the neca figs are targeted at collectors.. us. fans of the movies. they are also in a seperate local in toysrus. at least in mine they are not with the superheroes and tmnt etc.

a figure of the main character in pred 2 IMO would appeal to anyone that has seen it. danny is not arnold famous but.. yeah as well known as say hudson/paxton to a casual fig/sci fi collector.

i hear ya tho just think harrigan would sell as well as arnold to collectors and the peg warmer excuse is lame.

to each there own. i just wants one so im abit biased. ;)

Harrigan carried a Desert Eagle if I'm not mistaken. Everyone else on his team carried Sig Sauers I think.

Harrigan carried a Desert Eagle if I'm not mistaken. Everyone else on his team carried Sig Sauers I think.

Yeah Harrigan carried a Desert Eagle:

Pred2_083.jpg

Yup lol with a top mounted RIS rail and a diesel laser. Everyone else had trigger guard mounted lasers lol.

I've been wanting a Harrigan ever since NECA announced their Predator license.
Much like Dutch, the Harrigan sculpt can be used for several different scene-specific figures. And seriously, the idea of NECA not having faith that a Harrigan figure would sell just seems silly. It's not like he'd be packed in a little plastic bag with no name tag on it.

1) It's Danny Glover - an actor with a very distinct look and from the very popular Lethal Weapon movies

2) It's Predator. If you've ever watched P2, you know who Harrigan is.

3) Compared to the real peg-warmers out there that NECA produces (Hunger Games or Twlight), the main character of P2 is only one figure to take a "gamble" on unlike entire series of movie based figures that have a strong box-office following but doesn't translate into action figure sales.

They'll do Iggy Pop, but they won't do Harrigan. Glow in the dark Robocop will sell too, I bet. -_-

Well, they've surprised us many times now with Dutch, USCMs, the entire Lost clan, the trophy wall, ED-209, the Queen announcement and the U-turn on the AvP preds. Maybe theres hope for Harrigan.

these are a limited one time run, so look at these as an investment and a great display piece. got mine ordered.

Agreed, with all the complainers on their fb page about the price, the limited ordering time frame, and the fact that it is only coming with the dino skull, these factors should serve well to make this piece quite valuable down the line as I think it will drive production numbers down.

I can see it now, if NECA ever re-releases the skulls, people are going to be clamoring for the wall then but the aftermarket will be their only avenue for purchase. Great success for people like you and me! :hi5:

Back