NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one am ecstatic that they're making this piece in a market where 7" inch scale dioramas are virtually nonexistent.

I for one am ecstatic that they're making this piece in a market where 7" inch scale dioramas are virtually nonexistent.

Same. Dioramas used to exist for this scale but they seemed to stop just in time for the lines I give a $h!t about...until this.

edit - OK, well, correction. There was the McFarlane Aliens stuff, egg bases and chestburster victim with the Queen.

I have to admit though, after Series 9, I'm taking a break with the Predator line when the Kenner series premieres. I remember the disappointment of finding that the Kenner line back in the day didn't have any figures that were faithful to the film. In other words, I don't really look back fondly at that line, so I have no interest in buying figs that pay homage to it.

Last edited:
I have to admit though, after Series 9, I'm taking a break with the Predator line when the Kenner series premieres. I remember the disappoint of finding that the Kenner line back in the day didn't have any figures that were faithful to the film. In other words, I don't really look back fondly at that line, so I have no interest in buying figs that pay homage to it.

honestly the kenner figures were the only reason i like predators i mean they added new elements to the species, i mean really the level of detail on figures today isnt the same as it was back then, i mean renegade was pretty much a brown p1 in different armor, and i find it funny how people dont like new suit designs cause they dont follow the path of the p1-p2-and predators movies but want the AvP predators which look nothing the same as the other movies. these homeage kenners figures sport the body and in some cases faces(nightstorm) as the current predators so i see no problem with them i know for sure ill be buying the whole wave unlike that 4 different dutchs.

honestly the kenner figures were the only reason i like predators i mean they added new elements to the species, i mean really the level of detail on figures today isnt the same as it was back then, i mean renegade was pretty much a brown p1 in different armor, and i find it funny how people dont like new suit designs cause they dont follow the path of the p1-p2-and predators movies but want the AvP predators which look nothing the same as the other movies. these homeage kenners figures sport the body and in some cases faces(nightstorm) as the current predators so i see no problem with them i know for sure ill be buying the whole wave unlike that 4 different dutchs.

Ive got no beef with em personally. When I was a wee lad I enjoyed them very much. Now as an adult I look forward to seeing what a homage might be like. But I do completely understand KoBe's point. The "space marines" (gag me) were awesome to discover as a child. However even back then, my child mind knew they looked goofy as hell. My spite for them has only grown over the years. I can't look at a yellow shirted Apone or rediculous bishop without feeling anger.

But hell, they were kids toys (which back then meant they were for kids)! Stuff these days are def marketed to the adults. Any comparisons are not apples to apples.

When the the Kenner Aliens and Predator lines appeared, I was just starting to grow out of playing with toys. Nevertheless, I remember wanting screen accurate figures, because indeed the playful, goofy designs from Kenner just seemed downright bizarre to me. I never understood why they didn't release at least one screen accurate fig, I mean they came close a couple of times, but not really. I asked NECA about Kenner's oddball designs once and Randy just said that that was simply the style of the 90s toy market.

What I would have given when I was a few years younger and heavily playing with my G. I. Joes and other action figures to recreate scenes from Aliens and Predator with screen accurate figures.

When I was young, I wasn't on any forums. I didn't check the internet for updates on toy news. None of what I do now. When I went into the store one day and saw Scavage Predator on the hook, I flipped out. Finally, I thought, a Predator! I loved the Kenner Predators and had almost all them. I, as well, will be skipping the series but I think its a great idea! Does anyone remember the refresh Aliens 2 packs that had the repaints of the 'Space Marines'? I remember the Vasquez was screen accurate lol.

When I was young, I wasn't on any forums. I didn't check the internet for updates on toy news. None of what I do now. When I went into the store one day and saw Scavage Predator on the hook, I flipped out. Finally, I thought, a Predator! I loved the Kenner Predators and had almost all them. I, as well, will be skipping the series but I think its a great idea!

Honestly, I "flipped out" too, I was grateful for any Predator or Alien figure back then because it was the only game in town. Now that we have choices... not so much.

Just read in a twitter conversation between Randy and a fan that if the Kenner series sells well, they're going to do 1 Kenner series per year. Randy also went on to say that the Predator license is far from over. "Kenner, Comics, Games etc."

as long as they redo wolf predator and the predalien and do avp preds, they can make all the kenner one's they want too.

I never really understood the reasoning behind making toys from R rated movies. Specially gory movies and specially silly weird colorful toys for kids.

That's like these targeted for kids, feels kind of wrong

Toy+Fair+2013+Mezco+Creepy+Cuddlers+14.JPG

Kids watch R-Rated films too. Especially action/horror/sci-fi.

Why do you think they had a slew of them in the 90's? Rightfully so. Today, there isn't any R-Rated film like those any more. No fun action movies. Just either really kiddy PG-13 movies, or really dull dark, R-Rated movies.

The last really great R-Rated film I can think of that kids would've eaten up was probably District 9. I would've lost my **** over that movie as a kid.

Kids watch R-Rated films too. Especially action/horror/sci-fi.

Why do you think they had a slew of them in the 90's? Rightfully so. Today, there isn't any R-Rated film like those any more. No fun action movies. Just either really kiddy PG-13 movies, or really dull dark, R-Rated movies.

The last really great R-Rated film I can think of that kids would've eaten up was probably District 9. I would've lost my **** over that movie as a kid.

well kids might watch them but they are not intended for kids. the thing is this is a company making toys intended for kids to buy from a movie the MPAA said kids couldn't watch alone.
Of course we ALL saw the movies when we were younger but this is a company making toys from a gory movie, I just wonder how no one sais anything knowing how annoying groups that are against violent movies can get.
Is like from a corporate and business point it surprises me that they were not boycotted or even cancelled back then.

Just called a bunch of TRUs checked on Series 8. Nothing yet. Same on the website.

Just read in a twitter conversation between Randy and a fan that if the Kenner series sells well, they're going to do 1 Kenner series per year. Randy also went on to say that the Predator license is far from over. "Kenner, Comics, Games etc."

Games? I wonder if they will make the concrete jungle preds that would be cool. I also think they should look at the success they will have with Dutch and really consider making a Harrigan. For die hard pred fans, and there are lots of them, I know he would sell really well.

Games? I wonder if they will make the concrete jungle preds that would be cool. I also think they should look at the success they will have with Dutch and really consider making a Harrigan. For die hard pred fans, and there are lots of them, I know he would sell really well.

How awesome would it be if they would make Dutchs' team from Predator.Maybe in a box set,but i guess NECA doesnt do a whole lot of those.Probably won't ever happen,but who knows.

Just got a reply from bbts.com regarding series 8. They expect to have them possibly within the next two weeks. But even then, they're not certain.

I preordered the set back in July. I'm pretty happy with bigbadtoystore so far but are there any other online retailers that you guys would recommend?

Personally, Dutch's Rescue Team is every bit as iconic as the Space Marines. I'm confident that some time down the road, they'll get made. I mean, seriously, who wouldn't agree that Jesse Ventura and Carl Weathers aren't just as popular as Michael Beihn and Bill Paxton?

Back