NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any "professional" reviewers who ever say anything bad or are they all scared to burn bridges? I've heard nitpicks but they were brief and you can tell they worded it as nicely as possible. I remember the one Transformer guy who used to love Crazy Devy stuff in his reviews even as pieces were damaging his figures.

If reviewers are to believe, every toy is a "must-have" in your collection anyway.

I think toys are really more geared towards kids. So ya know...
I mean how do you really feel when you're 25-40 walking through toys r us standing at the checkout with a big grin on your face holding a bunch of toys?

I feel not one bit of shame, and if i am at TRU and the stupid b says "would you like a gift receipt?" and i say "no" then they roll their eyes i just laugh and shake my head, especially if they are older then me and working a crap TRU job.

So, which series 10 Predator do you all like the most? For myself the Hive Warrior looks the best.

So, which series 10 Predator do you all like the most? For myself the Hive Warrior looks the best.

yea me too though lava predator is right there with it if it was cracked tusk(original buck of lava) i would say him seeing how hes my favorite of the line. they all look great anyways.

side note i wonder if nightstalker will cover the whole head more then the predators (zerker, tracker ect) bio did on figs, to be more like the p1 and lostpreds

Most of them are.:lol

In America perhaps but you can't buy NECA figures in normal toy stores in Ireland, dunno bout the UK. Here you only have Forbidden Planet and I just about never see any kids in there, least not when I happen to be there.

:lol

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing while watching it.

The ridiculously 'jumping around' voices and over-enunciation of words, calm the **** down guys. Give me a Red Letter Media Plinkett-esque reviewer over that any day!

I ended up watching the review anyway. Once again the articulation demonstration terrified me to my soul. I've had many NECA figures break on me under far less rigorous use of the joints than the guy put Dutch under in this video.

Last edited:
I'm optomistic that NECA has finaly sorted out there articulation/ breakage issues.
Hell for years cheap kids action figures have not broken under heavy play but 22" Alien and 8" Elder were breaking before they even came out the box/blister in my shop.
I think i returned 75% of my stock of Elder Predator to the distributor with broken arms and legs. Most of the joints on 22" Alien were stuck with paint.
NECA raised the price of there figures this year and i want to see a rise in the quality to match that cost increase.

Things seem to have improved much in the predator line quality-wise since the Elder wave (at least in my experience anyway). I'm pretty confident that this new wave should be fine.

That Elder wave was a pisser. Though none of my Elders broke, I went through 3 masked P1's before I gave up and just did the joint fix with a nail & glue :lol

MY elder never broke, he was fine, the only one that broke was Falconer, but I fixed the joint with a little screw making a hole in the wheel made of plastic or whatever,
now the leg moves just like before.
joints are kind of easy to fix like that, unless the little wheel that goes there breaks, then it cannot be fixed. but I was able to fix mine very easily.

Youtube reviewers of NECA figures need to calm down. The almost wild over-excitement kinda pisses me off - almost like they think their viewing audience is 10 years old. I dunno, maybe I'm just wierd like this.
Before being any the wiser - I read your above comment a-dev, & immediately thought of Pixel Dan. I then went back a couple pages to get the context of the discussion.. & sure enough - that video you speak of is done by PIXEL DAN. :lol

I mean no ill to the fella, but I totally agree with you - his accent is.. grating. He has this aggressively over annunciated way of saying EVERYTHING. I used to watch his MOTUC reviews when the figures first started getting released - it was like listening to a pre-school teacher reading a story. :lol

I actually watched his recent interview with the Playmates rep at this month's Toyfair.. same old Pixel Dan.

Neca retweeted this checklist for the predator trophy skulls for the upcoming wall diorama. This should come in handy for tracking down those skulls. https://www.preternia.com/checklists/neca-predator-trophy-case-skulls-checklist/

2dqixh.png

I thought the skulls would be included with the case. If not then I am going to pass on this purchase. I don't need those figures that have the skulls.

^^I agree, this set would be much more impressive content-wise if all the skulls were included. Hell, I bought the original sets and have all the skulls and I would STILL buy this diorama in a heartbeat if they were all included. I wouldn't mind owning skull doubles, especially if I ended up losing one in the future.

Ah well, at least it comes with the big t-rex skull. :)

Last edited:
NECA should have included all the skull trophies with the trophy wall. But since they didn't this better not cost an arm and a leg. $11.99 sounds right to me. Though I'm sure we're looking more at $19.99 if not more. SMH :pfft:

thats a very fair price! its HUGE- 4x the side of a regular figure, has TONS of detail and a regular figure costs around 20 bucks, so this would normally cost 100 from anybody else, 50 is a steal!!

Back