NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would NECA do if HT started making 7" figures?
They'd quit making 7" figures of course.

So would I, probably more than that. Those are essentially high-end aren't they, wouldn't they need to charge close to what HT does or does the materials HT uses make that much difference?
Idunno, they don't have as many accessories or as much poseability as HT's..plus the masked/unmasked closed/unmasked open. Oh, and the armor is part of the figure sculpt..

I'd say 100$ would be fair, maybe it's too low..idunno. I didn't think the paint quality on those prototypes was necessarily much better than HT's, just the fact that it's so accurate...

If they included all 3 headsculpts with each figure, I'd definitely pay more than 100$.

I am pretty sure the answer to that is a huge 100% NO

I mean, we are not even getting P2 in 1/4 as it is, or a Queen Alien, I really really doubt they would start 1/6 at this point.
good news is that Hot Toys is picking up where NECA left,
bad news will be the price for 1/4 hot toys

I think there is room for both HT and us to go 1/4th. At first I was bummed at the news about the HT but after a few days thinking it over I think there will be many fans that would be happy paying under 100 bucks and getting a more accurate sculpt. I like what I see of the HT P2 but still I can see the abs don't look like P2. I made the tummy stick out just a bit and small touches like that really bring the Kevin Peter Hall look to our figure. Will Tsang nail the look? Maybe it'll be close enough and the paint and materials will be great but still will he make everything accurate? I feel really good about how accurate our P2 is and we should make it even though HT will too.

I think there is room for both HT and us to go 1/4th. At first I was bummed at the news about the HT but after a few days thinking it over I think there will be many fans that would be happy paying under 100 bucks and getting a more accurate sculpt. I like what I see of the HT P2 but still I can see the abs don't look like P2. I made the tummy stick out just a bit and small touches like hat really bring the Kevin Peter Hall look to our figure. Will Tsang nail the look? Maybe it'll be close enough and the paint and materials will be great but still will he make everything accurate? I feel really good about hot accurate our P2 is and we should make it even though HT will too.

I'm sure you guys at NECA could bang out a 1/4 P2 before the new HT P2 even reaches production.

I'm sure Kyle can post pics, the sculptor's corner is down, and I can't find pics anywhere. Sabres might have some floating around. Really captures the _____.

I think there is room for both HT and us to go 1/4th. At first I was bummed at the news about the HT but after a few days thinking it over I think there will be many fans that would be happy paying under 100 bucks and getting a more accurate sculpt. I like what I see of the HT P2 but still I can see the abs don't look like P2. I made the tummy stick out just a bit and small touches like that really bring the Kevin Peter Hall look to our figure. Will Tsang nail the look? Maybe it'll be close enough and the paint and materials will be great but still will he make everything accurate? I feel really good about how accurate our P2 is and we should make it even though HT will too.

Ohh man... the P2 with the articulation on a 1/4 scale with your sculpt....awesome..

Has Neca given thought to selling it with one head that has articulated mandibles or removable? Slide them out and slide on the mask...

Awesome!
queenwindrix002.jpg

well as long as everybody can accept that there's room for more than one company in a niche market, i'd rather you start making 1:6 scale stuff. neither you nor HT can compete with the level of detail/accuracy/quality of my 1:4 scale maquette collection anyway.

Either way I'm looking forward to NECA's offerings at Toyfair this year. Hoping for more Terminator, and maybe Prometheus and Aliens.

Next month! Starts Sunday Feb 12th. My happiest memory of Toyfair ever was 2009 seeing not one but 4 versions of Arnie from T2 lined up, and Kyle was answering questions about the sculpt for days afterwards. I hope he's working on something cool for this year. Looking fwd to Rocky IV, Drago, and Rambo.

Next month! Starts Sunday Feb 12th. My happiest memory of Toyfair ever was 2009 seeing not one but 4 versions of Arnie from T2 lined up, and Kyle was answering questions about the sculpt for days afterwards. I hope he's working on something cool for this year. Looking fwd to Rocky IV, Drago, and Rambo.

Good news, always like looking through figures.com gallery from the events.:yess:

a neca 1/4 city hunter with updated fabric netting , and a tankman aliens queen would be a dream come true in 2012 for sure.

:exactly:

I dont think there is much chance of anyone making another queen I dont think.

You never know, one day maybe...

a neca 1/4 city hunter with updated fabric netting , and a tankman aliens queen would be a dream come true in 2012 for sure.

tankman would be the first to hint at these happening and it's 2012 already. I hope they do happen eventually.

Last edited:
Back